Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow filtering of the task list by invoice number

This will enable a more streamlined workflow. All the tasks on an invoice number can be quickly identified without needing to enter each individual title.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Patron Deposit Forms: full control over the normalization rules on all Marc21 fields

When using NRs on Patron Deposit Forms, it is not possible to apply these rules on fixed fields. On the other hand, some rules are running in the background and set indicators or add new fields upon existence of some subfields (eg. 245 $c) that cannot be turned off.

• Allow normalization rules for the point of import for all fixed fields (that would add the 006, 008, LDR and so on)

• Remove all out of the box normalization rules for all fields (e.g. field 245 sets the indicators 1 | 0 and creates a 100 field with the indicators 1…
    11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Radio button in 'list of holdings' page

During the last Alma release the radio button on the list of holdings page was moved to the right. Please move it back to the left or make its position customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Daytime options for automated Alma notice jobs which involve patron notifications

We recently had a call from a distressed parent who had been woken by a late night notification due to an Alma notice being sent to them.

Whilst appreciating that jobs are scheduled later to catch lower utilization of the system, would it be possible to have some options for all jobs which feature patron-facing notifications to be run between 9.00am and 9.00pm e.g. Courtesy Notices and Handle Loan Renewals job.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fulfillment  ·  Admin →
  5. Anonymize fines by fine type and fine amount

Add parameters to be able to anonymize fines and fees by the type e.g. can anonymize overdue fines but not lost items.
    and by fine amount e.g. could anonymze fines/fees under $10.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow "not" in subject authorities searches

It would be helpful to be able to include NOT in subject authority searches. This would be particularly helpful when eliminating terms containing certain subdivisions.

For example, I searched the keywords "children" and "religious" and I know that I don't want anything with the subdivisions "religious life" or "religious aspects", so being able to add NOT "life" or "aspects" would narrow my results down to something more manageable than the 150ish that I got.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Libraries to Set Default Action for Deleting Bib Records

Currently, the default action for handling a bib record when deleting the associated item/portfolio is set to "Do Nothing." In our library, we almost universally choose to delete the bib record, which means it takes two extra clicks to perform each delete operation. Could this setting be made configurable so that a library could choose which operation to set as the default, without losing the choice of other options in the dropdown? Two extra clicks per record adds up to a lot of time when deleting large numbers of records!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alma Digital Viewer to be able to specify and limit the format and size of the download image

For a representation:
    .In the Alma Viewer or Universal Viewer to be able to specify and limit the format and size of the download image.
    .In the Universal Viewer to be able to disable/hide the 'Whole Image (original format)'and 'Current View (jpg)' download options and specify and limit the size of the image available in the 'Whole image (jpg)' option.

Or, in some other way make it possible to view a large image (representation) in the Universal Viewer and from the download link there be able to download only a small jpg of a chosen size.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please enhance moving titles/collections function

Please enhance moving titles/collections function. Now I can move only a set of titles from collection A to B by Add bib to collection job, and it means I need to create hundreds sets and run the job hundreds times. Also moving collection has to be done one by one. I have done this so far but it's just too tedious and time-consuming.

For digital titles and collections Primo Collection Lobby is the book stack and they need to be rearranged sometimes. (Even on PC we often re-organize folders too!) However on Alma it's so hard to reorganize titles and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alma new layout: better visual distinction between Alma Main Menu and Alma Configuration

Hello.

I'm testing the new layout of Alma. https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/ProductDocumentation/010AlmaOnlineHelp(English)/010GettingStarted/050AlmaUserInterface%E2%80%93GeneralInformation/045UsabilityImprovements/LayoutImprovements

One major change is that the Main Menu (with the Alma functional areas: Acq, Resources, Fulfillment,...) is now on the left side. The Alma Configuration Menu is also on the left side.

It can be difficult to visually distinguish between the Main Menu and the Configuration Menu. (Please see "Alma new layout, Main Menu vs Config Menu.png")

For example, I think I'm in the Alma Main Menu so I click on Resources to Manage Import Profiles. But I'm actually…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Swedish Characters (Case nr 00794172 Swedish Film Institute)

Apparently, since Alma and Primo are indexed differently, if you have chosen Scandinavian characters during implementation, Alma cannot handle searches on, for example, French accents. Works in Primo, but not Alma.
    Obviously, for us Scandinavian customers this is problematic. There is a risk that both staff and patrons end up with faulty search results.
    Andrew Christison, Customer Success Manager, promised to look into this on our behalf but also suggested we make an Idea Exchange for this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow expired internal users to reset their password

Many of our users are allowed to create and renew their patron accounts online using the API. Are users are all internal so they manage renewing their own accounts (we don't rely on 'active students' or the like).

We would like to add extra user authentication during renewal that requires users to enter their password. Of course many users forget their password and need to reset it before actually renewing. Unfortunately, Alma does not allow users who are expired to reset their password.

It would be very helpful if we could permit expired users to reset their passwords in order…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Admin →
  13. add conditions in General Electronic Services based on ebook Collection

We request to add conditions based on ebook Collection.
    We want to be able to display additional services only for records that belong to a specific collection.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic Designated Copy ID Number Added to New Item Records

I would like the ability to set an automatic copy ID number to designate that the item is a copy "1," instead of having to put the "1" in the copy ID field every time I add an item. Of course I would also need to have the ability to easily change the automatic "1" another copy ID number if I have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Voyager had this ability, which saves time when processing a large number of books. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Display in Discovery" from any screen in Alma

Make the Display in Discovery action available in any screen/view of a record in Alma, not just in a repository search or in portfolio lists. There is often the need to see how a resource displays in Primo when working in an item, orders, and other areas of records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a Set of Inventory from a Title Set

It would be very useful to be able to take a set of titles, and convert it into a set of inventory attached to those titles. Specifically, I would like to create a Portfolio set from a set of Electronic Titles. I have regular need to move groups of portfolios from one local e-collection to another. I have only a list of ISBNs to start with, which I use to create an itemized Electronic Titles set. However, moving portfolios requires a Portfolio set, which can only be created with Portfolio IDs. It is very cumbersome to arrive at the appropriate…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. All RS requests appear in Patron Services as Physical

Resource Sharing requests appear in "Patron Services" with one Request Type: "Patron physical item request". However, in "Resource Sharing Borrowing Requests" there are two types of Requested Format: Physical or Digital. Both types should appear correctly under Patron Services, and not only Physical.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide specific details in job reports of offline circulation

Error messages like “A later action on this item happened.” in job reports is not very helpful for the staff to understand what the problem was. Please provide more details about it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be a separate category for Transfers - along with Allocations and Expenditures.

At the Fund level, there should be a separate category for Transfers. Right now, if a transfer is made, the allocation changes. There should be Original Allocation (the original amount, doesn't change), Transfers, Current Allocation (original plus Transfers) and Expenditures. It's important for me to know what the original allocation is. If the Transfers are not reflected, what is shown with only the Allocations and Expenditures gives a distorted picture of the money for that fund. You can get a break down of Allocations, Transfers and Expenditures in Analytics - why can't it be shown in the ledger?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Acquisitions  ·  Admin →
  20. Please develop a function to download all digital files of a digital title set I created.

Please develop a function to download all digital files of a digital title set I created. Now I can download files one by one on the file list tab or access my bucket via a third party program and download only the files of a specific representation that I know the storage path. It's impossible to download hundreds of files in that way when there are other institutions' requests.

Rosetta has a function to export a set of IEs. Even though I also need to use a third party program to access the directory where the files go, but its…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base