Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1701 results found

1. Alma needs ti have the ability to identify bib, holdings, and item records created by individual staff operators.

The MDE shows the operator of various versions of a bib record. When a bib record is imported via an import profile that creates inventory, however, the staff operator that ran the import is not identified as the creator of the bib, holding, and/or item record. We often did Access queries in Voyager to identify bibs, holdings, or item records created or modified by particular staff members or student assistants. I can see that we could do such a report from Alma on bib record operators of versions after the initial import and I can also see in the Item…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automatic renewal notifications of subscriptions

Our library manages about 3'500 current subscriptions to periodicals. We fixed the automatic annual renewals of our subscriptions on a same date, precisely on the 31 August. As most of our subscriptions have been assigned to a few suppliers, our wish is that all renewal notifications intended for a same supplier are included in a single e-mail, instead of being sent individually in separate e-mails. We wish to avoid that each supplier receives as many e-mails as there are automatic notifications on the same date. They would only receive one e-mail with all the renewal notifications.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Autocomplete

It would be extremely helpful for ALMA to have an autocomplete feature when searching for title, author or even call number. Many times you can be off by one letter and ALMA won't find the item.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Patron Loan Limits should work like network level blocks

For institutions using Resource Sharing or fulfillment networks, we recently gained the ability to use network level blocks, however most of our blocked patrons are blocked due to loan limits configuration (cash, overdue recalls, etc), not manual blocks.

We would like the ability to include those blocks as network blocks as well, so that our patrons that visit other sites will have the same level of blocks as their home institution without us having to manually add a block.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Differentiate Returns screen from Patron look-up screen

Our student workers at circulation keep on trying to scan student IDs in the returns box or item barcodes in the Patron services box.
    I would like to make the highlight around the Returns box anyway a different, bright, distinguishable color. It would make it easy for a student to glance at the screen and think, "bright yellow, I'm on the returns window." See attachment for a preview of this option.
    (I realize our students should just pay more attention to what they are doing, but they don't.)

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add active link function to all fields where a URI in subfield u is valid

Subfield u for uniform resource identifiers has been defined as a valid subfield in many bibliographic fields to provide automated access to electronic resources.
    As noted in the OCLC bibformats: "Subfield ǂu defined as the URI is valid in the following fields: 031, 370, 381, 505, 506, 510, 514, 520, 530, 538, 540, 542, 545, 552, 555, 561, 563, 852, 856, 880, 883, 884, and 956. Additionally, subfield ǂu can be used in fields 901-907 and 945-949, either in accord with its control subfield definition or as a locally-defined subfield" (http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/controlsubfields.html#subfieldu).
    Currently, only URIs in 856 subfield u…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Configure courtesy loan letters by location or item policy.

It would be nice to be able to configure courtesy loan letters by either location or item policy, so that letters aren't generated for a 2 hour reserve.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VIAF Integration for Alma

I have been looking at the Alma Road map for 2018/19 and note the exciting BIBFRAME and Linked Data initiatives.

Fitting in nicely would be the facility to search VIAF from within Alma.
    This would make it easier to check what already exists in authority files internationally and identify a suitable entry if we have to add identifying information for disambiguation purposes.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Linked Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Metadata editor Browse Shelf List forward/back buttons should be bigger or easier to distinguish.

The browse shelf list / call number browse feature is very difficult to use for actual browsing because the forward and next buttons are minuscule. They are not actually buttons, just the less than or greater than sign without borders. I frequently hit the wrong part and end up going back when I wanted to go forward. It's a really small target that calls for high-precision mousing.

Requested improvements:
    1) Allow keyboard shortcuts for navigating to previous and next sections of the browse list.
    2) Create borders/margins around those buttons.
    3) Add mouse-over text showing previous/next so that if you…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At fiscal rollover, populate 'list price' field in continuous POLs with the total expenditure on that POL from the previous fiscal year

See case #00483470.

The figure in 'list price' represents the amount we first paid or expected to pay for a resource. In most cases, this price is wildly inaccurate after a few years.

Manually updating these prices isn't feasible, as we've thousands of POLs and editing the prices while inputting invoices doubles the time spent on invoice processing.

I'm hoping we can do one/all of the following:

1. At fiscal rollover, the list price amount in the POL is replaced with the amount of the last fiscal year's expenditure.

2. We run a job that changes the contents of the list price…

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Confirm button for adding manual charges and/or ability to edit/delete manual charges

It would be helpful to have a confirm button when adding manual charges, just as you do when waiving charges. Also, can we have the ability to edit or delete manual charges? We add charges for replacement costs for lost books, for example, and with no confirm button it can be too easy to mis-enter an amount, and as there is no functionality to edit or delete a charge you then have no option but to waive a charge and start again.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding 'citation type' to the facet in Resource Sharing Borrowing/Lending Request

Though I can distinguish book and article using other facets such as requested form, I think that citation type(book/article)is going to be more intuitive and useful. In addition, because I found it possible to use citation type as a facet in Acquisitions, including it in Resource Sharing is also proper considering coherence or unity of facets. I hope it is added soon.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. batch move license inventory

I would like to batch move license e-inventory on licenses and amendments to another license/amendment.

Currently, you can move e-inventory to a different license one at at time. It would save time to select inventory to move to a different license in bulk.

See my very horrible mock up: https://www.screencast.com/t/f2r2SZygN0ca

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve financial forecasting of subscriptions

It would nice to have more functionality in terms of subscription financial forecasting.

Although we can roll over subscriptions with a blanket % increase, we would like to be able to input and overwrite this where we know price increases will differ.

In addition, where we know the increases for multi-year agreements, these can all be set in advance, allowing for more accurate encumbrance figures.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the SAVE button more prominent on the Invoice Screen

I have had a suggestion from my staff to make the SAVE button on the invoice screen more prominent. We have several workflows where one person puts an invoice in review and then it is checked by a second person before moving to In Approval. We have discovered that the incidences of someone hitting SAVE & CONTINUE rather than SAVE in the new Alma interface has increased. When we looked at the old interface versus the new, we discovered that that SAVE is now white and much fainter. At least having it the same color or size I think would…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhance Physical Locations List export for "Suppress from Discovery" and other tags

At the moment there is no easy way to create a list of all physical locations set to "Suppress from Discovery".

It's not in the export, it's not in Analytics and it's not in the data you can get via API.

I would expect this information to be included in the export you can download in Alma. Same thing goes for "Accession Placement", "Call Number Type" and all other fields that are available in "Edit Physical Location".

At the moment the export is rather short as it contains only Code, Name, Location Type and Fulfillment Unit.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve Alma Link Resolver’s performance with Pubmed IDs (PMIDs)

Improve Alma Link Resolver’s performance with Pubmed IDs (PMIDs) such that it is as good or better than Serials Solutions’ 360 Link performance with Pubmed IDs. Areas where this is currently a problem include translation of OpenURL data from Pubmed over to Illiad through Alma Linker and Primo, item level linking between Pubmed, Alma Linker and Cochrane Library, and probably many other areas.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to manually sort physical item records within a location

The current physical item sorting options mean that in many cases records cannot be sorted into the correct order. Adding to the existing automated sorting options will help in some cases but not in others.

The only way to be certain that item records can be correctly sorted is to add the ability to manually sort physical items within a particular location (i.e. that are linked to a particular holdings record).

Use cases abound. For instance, this is the only way that volumes designated as new ser. v. (or new ser no.) can be sorted to appear after volumes designated…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. RS partners search enhancement proposal

The idea is changing the default of the "Find:" menu on Fulfillment -> Resource Sharing -> Partners.
    Now the default is to "code:" search.
    The default to "name:" search would be better
    Thanks

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move list of "loans of this session" up higher.

When checking books out, it helps to be able to see the title pop up. Depending on the monitor, the list sometimes doesn't show up at all because it's too far down. We need to be able to see each title pop up so we can verify that we are actually checking the item out.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base