Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When add local coverage dates remind to change Which coverage statement will be applied?

When local coverage dates are added the system should remind you to chose Which coverage statement will be applied?.

A small annoying feature of Alma, is the number of times we add amended local coverage dates to and electronic portfolio and forget to change the radio button to apply the local dates. Could a reminder be added when ever you add local dates?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add edition & more metadata elements for matching purposes

When metadata is coming into Primo through an OpenURL, mismatches occur "due to ambiguity on title matching after no match was found based on identifier (ISBN). Title matching is not as reliable as ISBN matching, and can lead to different editions being returned" (ExLibris Tier 1 Analysis).

This proposal is to add edition information and other metadata elements from the bib in Alma for matching purposes

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow customers the option to set date parameters for displaying public notes and authentication notes

We often use public notes and authentication notes to let users know if a particular service is temporarily unavailable or scheduled to undergo maintenance. Direct linking is disabled whenever these notes are present. We then have to remember to go back into Alma and remove these notes when the service becomes available again. It would be much easier if we could schedule these notes to display only during a specified time period (i.e., during the service maintenance window). Ideally, this would also mean that direct linking is only disabled during the period in which the note is "active."

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow overlap analysis for network zone collections

Many of our electronic collections are managed in the network zone, but we can't do any overlap analysis on these collections. Is it possible to expand the overlap analysis functionality to include network zone collections, and to compare them to either institution zone, network zone, or community zone collections?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Send to Ex Libris" option under portfolio Action button

If possible, add the "Send to Ex Libris" button under the Action button for a portfolio. The option only appears if I do an electronic portfolio repository search. If I go to the portfolios from the services tab, the option is gone. That is a lot of extra steps of making changes to a portfolio and then sending those changes to Ex Libris.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The use of "%26" in Static URL is not permitted

I encountered some rare cases where the permalink of an article contains "%26" as part of the URL. When I keyed this into the Static URL field and hit Enter, this "%26" is immediately converted into the "&" symbol. Even if I tried to double code it (%2526), it doesn't help.

An example of this link is https://i-law.com/ilaw/browse_lawreports.htm?name=LLR%3a+Insurance+%26+Reinsurance+Plus

It will be converted to https://i-law.com/ilaw/browse_lawreports.htm?name=LLR%3a+Insurance+&+Reinsurance+Plus and the link is broken.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Evaluation Workflow - Close trial, keep data

The existing Alma Evaluation Workflow does not allow us to CANCEL a POL for an unwanted item, it only allows us to DELETE the POL (and therefore lose the trial/evaluation data).

The Evaluation Workflow documentation (see step 7 in the link below) suggests that cancelling is an option distinct from deleting, but there is no cancel option in Alma.
    https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/ProductDocumentation/010AlmaOnlineHelp(English)/020Acquisitions/060EvaluationsandTrials/010Evaluation_Workflow

It would be helpful to have an option that would close/cancel the evaluation process for items that are not acquired/purchased. This would allow for better record-keeping around trial results and better internal tracking of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Doctoral Thesis as an Electronic Material Type option

Currently there is no option for PhD thesis as an Electronic Material Type, only Masters and dissertation, Doctoral type would be a useful addition.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide option to automatically select a record when using the bulk portfolio uploader in cases of multiple matches

The bulk portfolio uploader won't add a portfolio/record if there are multiple matches to an identifier in the CZ. For example, if the uploader file has a journal ISSN that matches two records in the CZ--the job will result in a no action error showing the record numbers of the candidates. We would like to have the option of instructing the system on how to handle the overall file: to make an arbitrary record selection for us when applicable or keep with the default option of reviewing multiple matches manually. Thanks for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add bib records for electronic collections to the "electronic titles" search

Currently, bib records for electronic collections can only be found in an "all titles" search. We would like electronic collections to be considered inventory so that their bib records will be findable in an "electronic titles" search along with bib records for portfolios.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display Electronic Collection name and Interface name in local portfolio list

I have a local record and a CZ record for a journal. My PO and notes are all attached to the local record. In the new UI, when I click “Electronic” for the CZ record, the Collection Names display. In the local record, I can fill in the interface name, but not the collection name if it was a migrated title. I can only see the Electronic Collection name if it was filled in on Alma when creating the portfolio. The interface name will not display in the search results list at all. I can only see it if I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow free text in "Change Portfolio" job, "Set interface name" field

i work almost exclusively with local, standalone portfolios for electronic resources. I need to be able to globally update the "Interface name" field with free text. The"Change Portfolio" job currently only allows the change to be to one of the vendor code names established in the Acquisitions area. Our acquisitions staff have not set up in Alma such codes for many resources, for example, e-collections for which we purchased perpetual access years before we migrated to Alma.

One reason I need an interface name on the portfolios, is that when I do a repository electronic titles search, there is nothing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a Create Electronic Portfolio Job

Post migration we had a lot of electronic resources that migrated to Alma as standalone bibs with no inventory or portfolios attached. Best practice in Alma for e-resources management would be to have portfolios attached to all of these records and to have as many of them sorted into local electronic collections as possible, so that global changes can be made from Admin by running a job.

The process of manually adding local portfolios to each of these records is cumbersome. This idea would be to have a Create Electronic Portfolios Job that could be run from Admin on a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove extra stage when clicking on 'Attach to electronic collection' in a portfolio

At the moment, if you click on 'Attach to an electronic collection' from within a portfolio, a box opens up saying 'Select a collection and service' but the search box isn't actually searchable and you have to click on the blue arrow to open up the repository search to find the collection to link the portfolio to. It would save a few extra clicks either by making the first pop-up box searchable, or to just be taken straight to the repository search.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can we add an 'electronic collection' column on the Electronic Resource Activation Task List

Would like to add an 'electronic collection' column to the Electronic Activation Task List. It would be best to just be able to configure columns by user's preference if possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable an ability to update electronic collection proxy link settings in a batch mode.

We are in the process of migrating from EZProxy to OpenAthens. We have over 500 electronic collections. Currently in our migration plan we will have to change the proxy setting one by one. It would be helpful to have a way to update the electronic collection proxy setting using some type of batch or programmatic (i.e. API) process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make "test access" work when direct linking is enabled

The "test access" button in Alma does not work when direct linking is enabled in Primo. When trying to test access for an electronic portfolio, Alma loads a blank page forcing staff to click "display in a new window" in order to proceed. We recommend that this behavior be changed so that test access works the same regardless of whether direct linking is enabled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. e-Activation workflow improvements

It would be very helpful if immediately after adding an electronic portfolio or activating an electronic portfolio from within a list of portfolios in a collection, the user would have the ability to use the "Actions" menu that appears to the right of the portfolio title to create and assign an e-activation task for the portfolio to a user. This would open the dialog box allowing a user to select to whom the task is assigned and create a note about the resource instead of having to go back out to the repository and search for the item then create…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add bib metadata to custom view for portfolios

Right now, there's no way to see edition (subfield 250) or publication/copyright date (subfield 260/264) from a list of portfolios.

These fields should be added to the customize view options for portfolio lists.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add another SpringerLink Integration Profile

There is one Springer Integration Profile so far, and that profile is for the entire Springer title list. We have "SpringerLINK Contemporary - Community Plus." It is over 2200 titles. I'd like to see an Integration Profile for the collection we use.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base