Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. comment/note field for configurations

A comment or note field for configurations would be incredibly helpful in general, but the current pandemic has highlighted the need for a way to easily track the reasons behind changes. This would keep the notes in the places where they'd be seen by the people working on the configurations, rather than us having to track things in a separate place.

All of the fulfillment configuration menu would benefit from this ability when short-term or emergency changes are being made. But it would also be good in places like: Letters; DARA recommendations; and all Other Settings areas. These are places…

312 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to prevent CDI content from appearing in Primo, by Alma Electronic Collection

With CDI we have no control over preventing CDI content from appearing in our Primo filtered search, when we have full text holdings which matches to this content.
    In many cases this may be a good thing, in not needing to worry over making sure full text content is searchable.
    However, it is clear that there are collections in CDI with very poor data, which causes linking to fail, and also has content which we do not want at all such as Journals and Books, as we manage the title level by our Alma records.
    For example, CRL Catalog has…

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Swedish Characters (Case nr 00794172 Swedish Film Institute)

Apparently, since Alma and Primo are indexed differently, if you have chosen Scandinavian characters during implementation, Alma cannot handle searches on, for example, French accents. Works in Primo, but not Alma.
    Obviously, for us Scandinavian customers this is problematic. There is a risk that both staff and patrons end up with faulty search results.
    Andrew Christison, Customer Success Manager, promised to look into this on our behalf but also suggested we make an Idea Exchange for this issue.

294 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Make all tables in Alma sortable by all their column headings

There are lots of tables in the Alma UI that come up which can be sorted by a couple of the column heads but not others. For example in Letters Configuration, you can sort by "Letter" or "Description," but not by "Enabled," "Channel," or "Retention Period." Being able to sort by column headings is a basic function of a table.

In the example above, it would be helpful to be able to see only those letters that are enabled, or to sort so that all the email letters are grouped together and all the SMS letters are separate from them.

409 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Always add newly implemented fields to API and Analytics

We have repeatedly run into issues with the following: Things implemented in the Alma UI are not automatically available via API and/or Analytics.

Recent examples include:
    * June 2020 "Can't edit restricted users" - Ex Libris offered to add this to the API, but not to Analytics
    * CDI Search activation status - as of now it is not clear whether we will have access to this via API

To be honest: I am not willing to open an idea or NERS every time Ex Libris thinks it's nice to have something in the Alma UI, but do not care…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Alma new layout: better visual distinction between Alma Main Menu and Alma Configuration

Hello.

I'm testing the new layout of Alma. https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/ProductDocumentation/010AlmaOnlineHelp(English)/010GettingStarted/050AlmaUserInterface%E2%80%93GeneralInformation/045UsabilityImprovements/LayoutImprovements

One major change is that the Main Menu (with the Alma functional areas: Acq, Resources, Fulfillment,...) is now on the left side. The Alma Configuration Menu is also on the left side.

It can be difficult to visually distinguish between the Main Menu and the Configuration Menu. (Please see "Alma new layout, Main Menu vs Config Menu.png")

For example, I think I'm in the Alma Main Menu so I click on Resources to Manage Import Profiles. But I'm actually…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide timestamp in patron facing contexts

Add an option to allow the library to decide whether or not timestamp should be shown in patron facing contexts, for example in the Primo Get It for items on loan or items waiting for reshelving.

Examples:
    - “Awaiting reshelving until 27/05/2020” instead of “Awaiting reshelving until 27/05/2020 7:02 PM”
    - “On loan until 14/07/2020” instead of “On loan until 14/07/2020 22:00”

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Configure paired libraries to have own Discovery Widget in Alma

We have two libraries and would like to have the Discovery Widget visible on Alma's initial page based on own libraries collection. When I go to Configuration Menu > Discovery > Display Configuration > Configure Views, 2 libraries are listed. If I select my own library, my own library discovery widget becomes the default to both libraries. We'd like each library to have their corresponding collection on the Discovery Widget.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a "undo" or "restore" button for Configuration actions/profiles

For those important actions or profiles, such as the External Integration Profiles, it will be of great help to have a "undo" or "restore" button. So that if something is wrong after clicking the "Save" button (either too early or incorrectly), the action can be reversed. The good old one can be restored. It happened to me yesterday. I mistakenly and wrongly updated our SAML profile in the Production environment instead of the sandbox that I intended to, which caused the login failure of both Primo and Alma. I had to open a ticket with highest priority in the online…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consistent control of Alma letters by code table changes, to match with Primo labels

Latest Alma design is that updates to letters by code table changes behave holistically to present consistent terminology to users. For example, the renew status field added to the Courtesy Letter in December 2019 will display for users both in Primo My Account and within the Alma Letter itself.
    This consistent design is not in place for older letters, and Ex Libris considers making these consistent to be an enhancement (see 00769609).

For example, the 'Notes that may affect loan' in the On Hold Shelf Letter are able to be changed in the code table, but this actually only changes…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Invalid email address list or failed to be sent notifications

We would like Alma to indicate somewhere (in a report, in the user account or else) if an email was not delivered to a patron or a vendor due to an invalid address. This would help to locate them faster and correct this data.
    Otherwise, we would like to have a list by Alma institution of users / vendor accounts with invalid email addresses.

Thank you!

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show Call Number on Loan Receipt Letter

Could there be an option to add the call number information to the Loan Receipt Letter. It would be useful, especially for items with multiple volumes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. autofit

Adding an autofit for columns would help minimize wasted space for those who are comfortable with denser text or need to work with a relatively narrow screen. I think the most common form of the functionality is a double-click on the right border of a column to size it to fit content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow multiple time zones for institutions with campuses in different time zones

We are currently implementing Alma, and have been staggered to learn that we are only allowed one time zone as our default. We understand that (it seems) most Alma institutions only have the one time zone, but in our case we have two different time zones - and one of them has a period of daylight savings every year, so that adds to the complication.

We can't see how Alma will be functional for us with Fulfillment and the like, if we can't allow both our east and west coast campuses to have their own time zones in place when…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. addressFrom in letter configuration: all emails should be sent from the same address

There are a few letters (like the "Interested In Letter"), for which not the addressFrom in the letter configuration is used, but the library address instead.

We would like all letters to be sent from the "addressFrom" in the letter configuration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the Primo widget to report on publishing jobs performed in the Network Zone

The Primo Dashboard widget in our environment does not provide details on the "last publishing job". According to Ex Libris support, this is by design since our publishing job occurs in the Network Zone, rather than the IZ. Many Alma users operate in consoritial environments. Please design the widget so that it also reports on publishing jobs performed in the Network Zone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Letters Configuration page should be sortable and searchable

I like the new Letters Configuration and Components Configuration pages; they've simplified the letter customization work I am doing for our two libraries.

However, the Letters Configuration page is a bit too unwieldy... requiring a lot of paging and scrolling to find a specific letter.

Please consider making this page sortable by clicking the column headers, and if it's not too difficult, maybe even searchable?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow work order names to be translated

The name field of work orders displays in PVE (for example "In Process of Repair until..." for a work order named 'Repair'). However it's currently not possible to provide a translation for these labels, which is problematic in multilingual contexts.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Network Zone suppress dedup/frbr should have a library/location tree

The Network Zone should have the ability to suppres dedup/frbr at the library>location which exists when suppressing dedup/frbr for IZ only bib records from displaying in Primo VE.

IZ only bib records suppress dedup/frbr allows a library to suppress on the permanent physical location in a library. New records added to the location automatically suppress dedup/frbr in Primo VE once this has been configured.

For NZ linked records using the Network Zone, suppressing dedup/frbr for an library/location in the network means multiple steps and constant updating are required from an institution and Network Zone. A local extension needs to be…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to disable confirmation messages (not of deletion actions)

That will be great if there will be an option to disable the confirmation messages when performing actions that are not of deletion (see attached image).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base