Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. dates over Alma-D thumbnails

We'd like the ability to display date of creation over thumbnail images in Alma-D collection views. We have many objects with the same title in our historical collections (yearbooks, periodicals, newsletters). When browsing these collections users will be looking at pages of thumbnails with identical titles, with no way to differentiate the items beyond the thumbnail images themselves (which often provide no information about date).

Adding the date of creation to the metadata already displaying over the thumbnails (material type and title) would make it much easier for our users to find digital assets while browsing.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alma new layout: better visual distinction between Alma Main Menu and Alma Configuration

Hello.

I'm testing the new layout of Alma. https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/010Getting_Started/050Alma_User_Interface_%E2%80%93_General_Information/045Usability_Improvements/Layout_Improvements

One major change is that the Main Menu (with the Alma functional areas: Acq, Resources, Fulfillment,...) is now on the left side. The Alma Configuration Menu is also on the left side.

It can be difficult to visually distinguish between the Main Menu and the Configuration Menu. (Please see "Alma new layout, Main Menu vs Config Menu.png")

For example, I think I'm in the Alma Main Menu so I click on Resources to Manage Import Profiles. But I'm actually in the Configuration Menu so when I click on Resources I go…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alma / Primo VE: Configuration - Including the category headings in search results

The configuration's search function in Alma and Primo VE allows us to find specific components. However the category headings are not included in the search results. For example, if I search for Letters, I only get Letters Configuration but not Components Configuration (which is under the Letters heading)

Adding the category headings and all their entries to the search index & results might help improve findability of certain configuration screens.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SIS Synchronize: flexible 'Email on error' option

We run the SIS SYNCHRONIZE job four times a day for ongoing synchronisation of existing Alma users from an external source. Like for most jobs, ‘Send on success’ and ‘Send on error’ email notifications can be configured.

The ‘Send on error’ email notifications will fire if the failure rate (number of rejected records) meets or exceeds 5% of the total number of processed users. This means that if the job processes many users e.g. 30'000 there could be 1000 rejected users but we would not be sent an error email notification. In contrast, if the job processes e.g. 20 users…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display External Name of Physical Location at SoA location facet

We want to display "External Name of Physical Location" at SoA location facet. However, if Summon edits the location description from "Name" to "External Name", Alma overwrites it.
    Currently, only "Name" can be displayed there.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Messages/Email in Alma

When assigning tasks, bibs, etc. to users in Alma, it would be beneficial to receive a copy of the message that is being sent and/or have a history in your user profile so that you can keep track/proof of messages/assignments sent to people/users.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhance SUSHI admin job reports with additional details for troubleshooting purposes

Are there plans for ExLibris to bulk up the details provided in the admin jobs reports for executed SUSHI requests? The admin reports currently lack any meaningful details that will help with re-formatting/ troubleshooting usage report errors. Manual usage report uploads that fail will list the errors and give the specific columns/ rows that were problematic but the admin job reports provides don't include this information. Instead you have to contact ExLibris Support with the relevant process ID number to get that information which is cumbersome and time-consuming.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include identifier fields in Export Job Reports, not just names

Export Electronic Portfolios should have unique identifier fields included in exported report.

As a specific example, the portfolio report includes Electronic Collection Name information, but no other identifier for the Collection Name. In order to use this with other reports generated from the system, it's not possible to match reliably when using the Name string as names appear to change in the CKB over time, and extended characters can be problematic when importing to other systems (excel, access). It would be more reliable and usable to include (at a minimum) the Electronic Collection ID in reports when including the Electronic…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow multiple time zones for institutions with campuses in different time zones

We are currently implementing Alma, and have been staggered to learn that we are only allowed one time zone as our default. We understand that (it seems) most Alma institutions only have the one time zone, but in our case we have two different time zones - and one of them has a period of daylight savings every year, so that adds to the complication.

We can't see how Alma will be functional for us with Fulfillment and the like, if we can't allow both our east and west coast campuses to have their own time zones in place when…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Configure paired libraries to have own Discovery Widget in Alma

We have two libraries and would like to have the Discovery Widget visible on Alma's initial page based on own libraries collection. When I go to Configuration Menu > Discovery > Display Configuration > Configure Views, 2 libraries are listed. If I select my own library, my own library discovery widget becomes the default to both libraries. We'd like each library to have their corresponding collection on the Discovery Widget.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Invalid email address list or failed to be sent notifications

We would like Alma to indicate somewhere (in a report, in the user account or else) if an email was not delivered to a patron or a vendor due to an invalid address. This would help to locate them faster and correct this data.
    Otherwise, we would like to have a list by Alma institution of users / vendor accounts with invalid email addresses.

Thank you!

313 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Configuring the Alma Services Page

I would like to move the "View Online" section above the "Send To" section on the journal search results page (Alma Services Page). While I can reorder the other sections on that page, I am not able to move the "Send To" section.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use data source code not data source label during Delete External Data Sources

From Admin > Run a Job > Delete External Data Sources, users should be given a list of codes instead of labels. If libraries are importing different sets from the same source and want to use the same label, if external data needs to be deleted, staff have to temporarily relabel the appropriate discovery import profile.

Any drop down list in Alma should be using unique fields not fields that can be not unique.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove the ability to set the "Default View" on the Views List

When in the "Configure Views" area, our university has multiple views, including development views. It has happen MANY times that the selected "Default View" gets accidentally changed. We have multiple users going into this list and sometimes we don't notice the views had been accidentally changed.

Can we remove this ability within the "Views List" page and change it to checkmarks or be prompted to save the changes of the "Default View" if any changes are made? I would still like the ability to set the Default View but only have the ability to select after clicking on the "..."…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consistent control of Alma letters by code table changes, to match with Primo labels

Latest Alma design is that updates to letters by code table changes behave holistically to present consistent terminology to users. For example, the renew status field added to the Courtesy Letter in December 2019 will display for users both in Primo My Account and within the Alma Letter itself.
    This consistent design is not in place for older letters, and Ex Libris considers making these consistent to be an enhancement (see 00769609).

For example, the 'Notes that may affect loan' in the On Hold Shelf Letter are able to be changed in the code table, but this actually only changes…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Modifiche alla visualizzazione personalizzata

Fra le varie opzioni di Personalizza VIsta sarebbe utile poter inserire il possessore, elemento molto utile per la gestione del libro antico e dei fondi antichi, cosa al momento impossibile

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make images of material bigger

Please make the image of the book, DVD, etc. much bigger in the search results. Students can often identify their titles if they can clearly see the cover image. It would help reference work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export to Excel directly from Job Report

I'm requesting exporting to Excel from Job Report.

Currently when I run a Shelf Report I have to do many steps to export to Excel.
    I have to click on the report then click on analysis to expand results.
    Once expanded I have to click on each result (1-5) and select "Preview items" from the actions button.
    After doing all that I to export the list to Excel I have to select export "Excel (all fields)".

If there was an Option to export or download to excel directly from Job Report, similar to "Barcodes with no matched item", that would…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a "undo" or "restore" button for Configuration actions/profiles

For those important actions or profiles, such as the External Integration Profiles, it will be of great help to have a "undo" or "restore" button. So that if something is wrong after clicking the "Save" button (either too early or incorrectly), the action can be reversed. The good old one can be restored. It happened to me yesterday. I mistakenly and wrongly updated our SAML profile in the Production environment instead of the sandbox that I intended to, which caused the login failure of both Primo and Alma. I had to open a ticket with highest priority in the online…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Access Type to Customize View

I love the option to customize my view and choose what info is displayed under portfolios and collections in my search results. It would be very useful to be able to display the Access Type: Current, Perpetual, or Current and Perpetual. Right now we need to open the record and navigate to the field.

Please add Access Type as a field we can choose to see.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?