Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. • Records without a date at the bottom of results list when sorting on date oldest

At this moment, the sort option “Date oldest” displays the records without a date on top of the results list. This is confusing and not relevant for users; when there are several records without a Creation Date they probably conclude that sorting on date oldest doesn’t work. Our request is to display the records without a date always at the bottom of the results list when a sort option on date is used (thus as well for date oldest as for date newest)

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Available Online link should be configurable to link directly to full text from full item record page, not just brief results list

We would like it so the green Available Online link on the item record could be made to link directly to the full text, since we have the green available online link to go directly to full text on the results list (direct linking turned on).

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Browse by physical location in Primo

In Primo, it is not currently possible to browse by physical location & in our previous system, we were able to do so. For instance, from http://primo.rollins.edu/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do?fn=showBrowse&mode=BrowseSearch&vid=01RC&tab=bookstab&dscnt=0&dstmp=1467208388734 we would like to have the option to browse by one of our locations, for instance For example, I would like to see what titles we have in Rare Special or Rare Florida Collections, but I do not see from the browse menu.

we would like to be able to somehow browse by a given physical location in Primo without doing a keyword or title search for a particular item.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have bee

The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have been viewed by the user only. We'd like to ONLY display other schools in this area unless the user has items requested or checked out.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop the difference in the item display between Alma and Primo when the description field is filled in

I would like to see all monograph items display as such in the Primo location tab.
    Currently if an item (even if tagged elsewhere as a one time monograph) contains anything in the Items description field Primo is treating the item as a serial.
    For an explanation of how Primo does this see the following knowledge center article: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/KnowledgeArticles/DifferenceintheitemdisplaybetweenAlmaandPrimowhenthedescriptionfieldisfilledin

This is a problem as it prevents users from easily seeing the availability information.
    See for example the attached screenshot where the number of available…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to select/set preferred record criteria for dedupe/FRBR in Primo VE

We have instances where records for print materials in our holdings are combined with records for e-resources, to display a single record with multiple access points in our catalog. That is good and expected. However, often the source record is an e-resource record rather than the record for our physical holding, and we would prefer that the record for our physical resource be used so that important local notes are sure to be displayed. When the record for an e-resource is used instead, our local notes are not displayed, and that is a big problem.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Show Actions icons to My Favorites

Option to add all the Show Actions icons to display on My Favorites, or at least some icons such as the print and e-mail icons, instead of just the ...

Please see screen capture attached.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Search within results"

We would like to propose a "Search within results" option for Primo. "Search within results" would be a keyword search across all fields present in a user's results list. This is an option offered in common databases, such as Web of Science, so it is something users expect. We feel this search function would increase Primo's usability particularly for inexperienced users.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make configurable preference of source in deduplication

Preference of records coming from differente sources in deduplication is hardcoded in Primo and it causes undesired situations, for example poor SFX records have preference over rich ILS records and the information from ILS records is discarded. Order of preference of sources should be configurable through Primo Admin interface instead of being hardcoded

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. new option/checkbox: "expand my results with synonyms"

The Primo Search Engine includes synonyms by default to expand the result list. This often leads to results which are fuzzy and hardly explainable.

Instead of including synonyms by default we want to see an option to include synonyms by explicit user decision.

This option ("expand my result using synonyms") could be included into the facets section or should be visible close to the search button.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An option to move the send-to section in Primo VE

We would like to be able to control the location of the send-to section in the Primo VE full record display.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show/hide password in the login screen

On the Primo new UI login screen, we would find useful to have an "eye" symbol beside the password field, which would allow to show/hide the password.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. account request date

Add the request's date on the user's account

We would like that the user can see the date when he makes a request (hold or ILL) on his account.

We think that's will be an improvement for the users.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New books Carousel

Hello, we all saw EDS New books Carousel and liked it.
    We want Ex Libris to develop new books carousel for Primo customers. please look at AUR Library - The American University of Rome page [https://www.aur.edu/], from the university main page choose the library and you'll get to EDS.
    I'm attaching a screen capture of the library home page with the new books carousel.
    Thank you!

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Combining searches from search history into a new search

My colleagues misses the functionality from our previous discovery system to combine searches in the search history list into a new search in an easy way, e.g. S1 AND S3

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can Noodletools be added into Primo as a citation tool?

We want Noodletools added into Primo for citations

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add filter for "Available Now" (i.e. not checked out etc.) to Availability filter/facet

The Availability filter/facet in Primo VE currently includes options to limit by "Available online" and "Held by library". It would be helpful if these options could be further refined to enable filtering to materials that are actually currently fully available/accessible -- for example, not checked out to another user or in another out-of-library processing status. This is functionality that I see in other library catalogs, especially for electronic resources/ebook collections.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the New Primo UI more CSS friendly

While the new Primo interface gave us more power to extend functionality via JavaScript it does not do the same for modifications via CSS due to the lack of properly marked up content.

In some parts of the New UI the content is well described, often with custom HTML elements, but there are also many places, often in the higher levels in the DOM tree, where better described selectors (preferably through classes) are needed.

For example, there is currently no selector that show the current system that is being displayed. The <prm-explore>-element could have the current system being shown as…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Free text input should be blocked in Resource Sharing Form

When users request items with multiple volumes in the resource sharing form (NERS Enhancement - Request ID #4856), they can select a specific volume from the pull down list, also freely input any information in the text box. Errors of manual input may lead to inefficiency or failure of handling the requests, for example, user input “1” in the text box instead of selecting “v.1” from the list, the request can be created successfully, but information of requested volume cannot be shown in Alma, neither “Borrowing Requests” of Borrowing Library nor “Pick from shelf” of Lending Library, the libraries need…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Facet "language" not working

The facet "language" in Primo is not working correctly. When I choose another language than german or english, e.g. italian, I got german or english titles whose authors have an italian background. This is not making any sense. Especially our chinese students expect titles in chinese when they use this facet. And as it is a global problem I think ExLibris has to find a solution. I checked with several Primo catalogues from other libraries:

e.g.
    http://www.getty.edu/research/library/
    https://fu-berlin.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do?vid=FUB
    https://library.wlu.ca/
    http://primo.abdn.ac.uk:1701/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do (they obviously deactivated the language facet already while it is not working)
    http://primo.tug-libraries.on.ca/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do?vid=WATERLOO&resetconfig=true
    http://primo.bib.uni-mannheim.de/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do?vid=MANUB
    http://onesearch.slq.qld.gov.au/primo

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base