Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secondary sorting of records in the results list

Primo is designed to sort the results list by one parameter only (relevancy, title etc.).
    Currently, it is not possible to define a secondary sort. Thus records with the same ranking will appear in no particular order.
    It would be beneficial to be able to configure a secondary and third sort options. For example, first sorting by Relevancy, secondary by Publishing Year and third by Title.

483 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Warn user to sign in when saving to favorites

Primo (new UI) does not alert the user to sign in in order to save favorites. I suggest that when a user who has not logged in clicks the pushpin icon to save an item to Favorites, a modal appear to let them know they must sign in to save favorites, and give them an opportunity to do so.

212 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "Back to results list" when a document has several editions

We would like to propose an improvement to the search results for end-users in Primo. Our suggestion is to have an easier way to get back to the search results list if a document has several editions.
    Currently, if a user opens a document that has several editions/versions, they have to reset their active search filters (“List of editions/versions”) in order to go back their original search results list. Our suggestion is to have a button that says “Back to results list” instead.

In addition, we propose that when returning to the results list, the user returns to the same…

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Summary Holdings Display>Primo VE

Summary Holdings Display>Primo VE
    We would like our summary holdings to display one "click/screen" earlier than they do now.

For example,

https://col-hope.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991001380029704767&context=L&vid=01COL_HOPE:HOPE&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&tab=Everything&lang=en

Users first have to click on the little arrow on the right of a holdings location before viewing the summary holdings statement.

We would like the summary holdings to display as a third line under the initial location data.

How it displays now:
    Van Wylen Library
    Available, Bound Journals Section 3rd Floor ; HF5601 .N53

How we want it to display
    Van Wylen Library
    Available, Bound Journals Section 3rd Floor ; HF5601 .N53
    Summary holdings: v.45:no.12(1975:Dec.)-v.55:no.12(1985:Dec.)

We have…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow reader to sort the values in a facet by A-Z or by number of records.

Most databases such as Web of Science or Ebsco Discovery tool allow the user to determine how to sort the values in a facet (see screenshot)

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. configure the order of the holdings records in the GetIt tab

It would be very useful to have an option to configure the order of the holdings records to be displayed in Primo (e.g. according to the loan period) as opposed to the current situation where the order is random.

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My Library Account: add Recalled Loans Tab

It would be very beneficial for library patrons to be able to view their recalled loans, at a glance, when checking their library account in Primo; please could you add a Recalled Loans tab to the Overview section of My Library Account

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. warning message when unpinning a record from the favorites page

It would be very useful if upon clicking on the unpin icon in the favorites screen, Primo will display a warning message stating that the user is about to delete the marked record/s.
    Currently, clicking willingly or inadvertently on the unpin icon will immediately and irreversibly delete the record/s.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add 'search' feature in e-shelf

Users should be able to search for references in their eShelf lists based of any <search> field contents in the PNX and wherever the references may be (not sensitive to folders).

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add starts with functionality to Call Number field in the advanced search

"starts with" functionality should be added to the Call Number field in the advanced search in Primo.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. my account - loans sort options

User should be able to sort their loans not only by title and due date, but also by author, location, maximum renewal date and status (renewable or not) -> all columns shown should be sortable.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ignore call number prefix (subfield k) when indexing for Call Number Browse

Primo's browse search "By Library of Congress Call Numbers" includes the call number prefix (holdings record field 852 $k) when generating the browse list. At UGA, we use that prefix for oversize volumes (Folio, Ff), and for a variety of branch locations, special statuses and shelving areas (Juv, Ref, Vet Med, etc.).

As a result, any holdings with a prefix do not show up alongside holdings in the same call number range, essentially hiding many titles from patrons interested in browsing the shelf list. (This would be an issue for staff as well, but shelf list browsing works correctly in…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make hyphenated compound searchable as closed compound

Hyphenated compounds are indexed for search as open compounds in Primo when "remove hyphens" option is enabled.

In German language it is also very common to concatenate them as closed compounds, thus creating a single word without spaces or hyphens. This variant should be indexed for search as well.

Example:
    "Passagen-Werk" (hyphenated compound)
    • at the moment also finds "Passagen Werk" (open compound) when "remove hyphens" option is enabled
    • at the moment does not find "Passagenwerk" (closed compound) but should be able to find this!!

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Generate citation on multiple pinned items

Our users make heavy use of the generate citation button, but they currently have to do this one record at a time. It would make things easier for them if they could pin all the relevant items, and then go into My Account, select all their pinned items, and generate a citation for all of them.

They can currently perform several actions by batch on all pinned items - email results, export to Refworks and so on - but the generate citation action is not yet available to them.

The citation that appears could be simply plaint text, with the…

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. new option/checkbox: "expand my results with synonyms"

The Primo Search Engine includes synonyms by default to expand the result list. This often leads to results which are fuzzy and hardly explainable.

Instead of including synonyms by default we want to see an option to include synonyms by explicit user decision.

This option ("expand my result using synonyms") could be included into the facets section or should be visible close to the search button.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have bee

The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have been viewed by the user only. We'd like to ONLY display other schools in this area unless the user has items requested or checked out.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Primo to comply with the "force password change on next login" setting in Alma for internal users

Alma has the internal user setting "Force password change on next login". Primo does not comply with this setting, so there is no way to force patrons to change their passwords in Primo. This is problematic, because our internal user accounts have a very insecure default password initially set for them. Please consider implementing this feature for Primo

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Combining searches from search history into a new search

My colleagues misses the functionality from our previous discovery system to combine searches in the search history list into a new search in an easy way, e.g. S1 AND S3

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only show "starts with" for relevant fields

Currently, the "starts with" functionality is only available for title searching. There are already some posts here about adding it for other fields, like call number and subject, which I support. This post is about the current behavior though. If I choose to search by another field, such as author/creator or subject, then the next dropdown allows me to choose "starts with" even though it's not available, and it immediately switches to a title search. I'd prefer that, if a user has selected a field other than Title, that "starts with" just wouldn't show up at all. If the task…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Facet "language" not working

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)