How can we improve Primo?

Generate citation on multiple pinned items

Our users make heavy use of the generate citation button, but they currently have to do this one record at a time. It would make things easier for them if they could pin all the relevant items, and then go into My Account, select all their pinned items, and generate a citation for all of them.

They can currently perform several actions by batch on all pinned items - email results, export to Refworks and so on - but the generate citation action is not yet available to them.

The citation that appears could be simply plaint text, with the citations separated by line breaks.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Clark shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bill Constantine commented  · 

It probably has not been done because there is an extra layer beneath 'Citation' where you have to select the citation style you want, i.e. APA, MLA, Harvard, etc. All the other actions you can perform on all the pinned items are straightforward. Citation would be a little more complicated because of the choice of citation styles. However, it is worth having the feature even if ExLibris has to do a bit of work to add the extra layer for the choice. It has my 3 votes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base