Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Primo RTA status for items that are in transit, on order, in processing, missing, etc.

Right now if an item is not available, then the item says "Checked out..." even if the item isn't actually checked out. In Alma, the status is under "Process type" and we want this more detailed "Process type" to be displayed to our users instead of just "Checked out.." for everything that isn't available. This is really confusing if the item is missing or being processed by our technical staff. We need to be able to tell users more detail. We have had several users request our library order a book and then when the book is being processed it…

560 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Utilize data from multiple fields (LDR and fixed fields 006,007,008) in Primo VE resource type configuration

Related to a previous idea now marked as Completed
    (see: https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/308176-primo/suggestions/35488570-utilize-ldr-and-marc-fixed-fields-006-007-008-in)

The functionality introduced in the April 2019 release only allows you to specify ONE field in the source MARC record that contains the resource type that you want to map to the local resource type.

Primo VE should to be able to determine the resource type from combinations of data in MORE THAN ONE of the fields in the MARC record; i.e. fixed-field coding in the 006/007/008 field in conjunction with the LDR field.

This is particularly crucial for complex resources not coded as language material (LDR pos.…

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  3. Institutions are able to choose how a record is selected as the record to appear in the results list as part of the frbr process

Where there are different editions of a work available, Primo groups these and uses the record with the richest metadata to display as the top record in the results list. Often this is not the most recent edition of the work. This can be misleading for users who believe the edition appearing in the results list to be the latest edition and so seek this out. For us, this has meant requests for items held on off-campus stores have been requested rather than a more recent edition held on the open stacks. I would like to suggest, therefore, that institutions…

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, we plan to to add to the “Preferred Record” configuration option to boost by date.
    This was also raised in NERS 6230 – Enable option to favour latest edition of bibliographic work to top the FRBR group

4. The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have bee

The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have been viewed by the user only. We'd like to ONLY display other schools in this area unless the user has items requested or checked out.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, we plan to add an “has activity” icon on institution that the user has requests/loans and in addition option to filter by the user’s active institutions

5. Integrate the Alma Digital Viewer into the Primo UI

I see a breaks in the user experience consistency with the Alma/Primo combination with the link to digital objects in Primo. The link is opening the Alma Digital Viewer and it's look and feel is totally different from the Primo UI. Primo is the interface to the customer. Please integrate the UI into Primo and let Alma manage the objects and the metadata.

What my webmaster is missing and criticising on the Digital Viewer page:
    - it delivers the wrong favicon
    - link behind the Alma logo points to the actual Digital Viewer page
    - link behind the institutional logo…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion. The Alma Digital Viewer is going to be embedded within Primo Full Display to allow patron quick access to PDF, audio, images … , This is planned for the first half of 2020

6. Add LC Classification Facet to PrimoVE Facet options

Back Office has the option to enable the LC Classification facet to Primo, however, Primo VE does not. This facet is heavily used in our Summon instance and we would like to see this behavior port over into VE.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Boost Institutional Search Results in Primo VE

We'd like the ability to boost our institutional results in a search profile slot that includes consortial records.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  8. Better analytics for resource recommender to tell how many times recommendation is triggered and how often it is clicked

The resource recommender can be a very new tool to help improve the user experience of searchers.

However without proper analytics it is hard to tell if all the effort done to create them have had an impact.

Hence it would be helpful to have data like

Analytics that tell staff

a) How often a recommendation is triggered or most common recommendations shown
    b) How often a recommendation is clicked

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting this suggestion. We plan to provide usage information once recommended resource appears.
    As for “How often a recommendation is clicked” this is available since August 2019: recently we added usage information for “Click on resource recommender”

9. Keep search preferences between searches

We find it annoying that facet selections made in a search are lost when a new search is run. (In both Advanced and basic searches)

So for example if I select a library location or if I expand my results for one search, these settings are lost if I change my search terms.

We would like the selections to stay but with an easy way to clear them if desired.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting this idea, this was also raised as a NERS enhancement and will be part of roadmap for 2020. The plan is to add“Keep facets across searches” checkbox (it will lock all active facets) and allow easy way to reset selection.
    This was also raised in the idea on “Make facets sticky by default for the session”

10. New Search link in new Primo UI should unlock & reset sticky facets

Can the new Primo UI be configured so all locked facets are unlocked and reset when the user clicks the “New Search”link on top of the new Primo UI toolbar?

Since the locked facets are programmed to remain active for the session, even after clicking “New Search”, the user may receive unanticipated results, and/or a result set of “No Records Found” if the sticky facets don’t apply to the new search.

For an example: A search on history narrowed to the subject of “History & Archaeology” with facets “Available in the Library” and NOT “Video” does a nice job of…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide PCI collection batch updator (e.g. uploading .xlsx files, etc.)

PCI collections can be activated/inactivated one by one manually. It's too time-consuming and inefficient to repeat search-click-tick-back-search-again.
    Please provide a batch update function, such as, uploading an .xlsx file, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this idea. With the move to CDI coming in 2020 the current interface for Primo Central activation will become obsolete, Activation for CDI will be handled from Alma and SFX in a single activation process and simplified flow

12. Improve FRBR item chosen for brief display so that most recent edition displays

When selecting a FRBRed item to display in the Brief Results, a book with multiple editions should always display the most recent edition by default. I have tried all kinds date boosting in the search engine configurations, and I still can't get this to happen. Example: we have many editions of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, up to the 19th ed., and they are listed in the right order when you click "See all versions". However, the edition that displays in the Brief Display is the 12th edition. I've searched this title in other institutions, and they seem to have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This was also raised in NERS 6230 – Enable option to favour latest edition of bibliographic work to top the FRBR group.
    We plan to add to the “Preferred Record” configuration option to boost by date

13. Div before the search-results

Similar to the top-bar-before doc that Ex Libris did for alerts, I would like a search-results-before div for customizations. When loading flex components in the after div and reversing the order through css, the interface loads the component and the customization jumps to the top of the search results list.

I would like to build a resourceType based super-facet tab set which users could use as a filter - starting with All, Articles, Books, Book Chapters, etc. the load order problem makes it look like components are shuffling around during load...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base