Alma task lists: "Assign to me" and bulk actions
In Alma task lists ...
- Electronic resources - activation - unassigned (Electronic Resource Activation Task List)
- Order Lines - review - unassigned (Purchase Order Lines in Review)
- Invoices - review - unassigned (In Review Invoices)
... there is only a row action ("..." button) to start the "Assign to" dialog which opens a pop-up window where you can select a user. Our colleagues are not satisfied with this cumbersome assignment functionality.
The missing functionalities are:
(1) a one-click "Assign to me" button
(2) a bulk functionality for "Assign to" and "Assign to me" (it is already possible to mark several records in the task list but you can only change the Status with a bulk action)
Christopher Waldrop commented
This is an excellent suggestion.
Bulk functionality for me would be especially helpful in the Electronic Resource Activation Task List which is already very slow. When there are multiple tasks added in a short time (for instance during renewals) and all need to be assigned to a specific person having to select and assign each task individually is very time-consuming.
Marina Kalach commented
We support Nikki's suggestion, there should be an option to release assignment in bulk, not one by one - maybe by some admin job even, as there are many POs that assigned to people that are not even work anymore, retired and such.
Nikki DeMoville commented
I'd like to add that we need a bulk "release assignment" function. We have more than one person working in task lists and prefer to leave the majority of tasks unassigned. It's annoying to have to manually release each task, invoice, etc. after checking them for any reason.