Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ability to make manual notations in the history tab when updating a user's record

I think that it would be great to have a feature in the history tab that allows you to manually add a notation to indicate why a user's record was changed--similar to how a registrar's office makes comments in a student's record any time a change is made. Anytime we make a change on the backend, and then have questions at the front desk about why something was changed, it causes some confusion until we talk it out, but if this feature was there, it could limit the confusion.

I don't think adding these types of things to the note…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Admin →
  3. Order the toolbar

For each user the order of "Manage patrons", "Return items", and "Scan in items" is in a different order. You should be able to arrange these so that it is the same for each user.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Admin →
  4. Give institutions the ability to have local versions of user roles

We have just gone live and I'm setting up accounts for our liaison librarians. I'd like to create a copy of the Purchase Request Operator role to use with liaisons. I'd like fewer permissions than the canned version but I can't have ExL edit the current one because other staff need the role as it is currently. I think we should be able to make a local version of a user role that can then be edited without changing the canned user role. That or just let us keep the Selector role so I can have that edited.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the code to the list of Statistical Category while adding statistic for user

While adding statistic for user, Alma only shows the description in the list of Statistical Category. We would like to show the code and description both together in order to filter the value by code easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display all roles on a user's record at the same time

Only 20 roles display at a time on a user's record.

For users with more than 20 roles assigned to their record, give the option to display all roles at the same time.

If you edit a role to add a desk, and that role exists on page 2 of the role list, it will "refresh" the display so that you're back on page 1 of the role list. You then have to scroll down the record and page forward again if you want to go back to the place you were.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. General Mail Attachments

Could the General Mail facility be amended to allow staff to add attachments to an email sent to a patron via the USer Management screen?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base