Suggestions for Normalization Rules (NR) functions
Please see the attached file.
We would appreciate it if the suggested Normalization Rules functions would be developed in Alma.
François Renaville commented
I have once by mistake overwritten an XML Normalization Rule (copy-paste in the wrong rule). No possibility to come back to the previous version. Luckily, the support was able to find it back. Otherwise, it would have taken me hours to analyze the source data again and rewrite the whole rule... I wish there would be a "View versions" with a Restore possibility.
Gisella Stalloch commented
I think this is a very good list. I would also like to see a Date function as well.
Hanoch Roniger commented
The site did not allow us to post the suggestions directly, only via attachment.
This is a list of the requested functions (the file also contains explanations & examples)
1. Position sensitive functions
2. Popup function
3. Identify & remove duplicate fields
4. Position sensitive removeSubField function
5. Functionality for Booleans in if conditions
6. Let the changeField also control indicators
7. Add the possibility to delete specific repeatable subfields based on contents
8. Possibility to check "when" conditionals after manipulation of the fields
9. Possibility to add several subfields with one function
10. Add functionality to copyField based on position
11. Add functionality to copyControlField based on position
12. Add the possibility to check if contents are the same
13. Check string length
14. Let functions run on several fields
15. Add mathematical functions / variables
16. Function for merging all subfields to a single subfield
17. Use metadata from within the NR
(See also: https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/308173-alma/suggestions/18865093-normalization-rules-adding-dates)
18. Possibility to exchange data between holdings and bibliographical records
19. Add possibility to add/remove characters based on hex/Unicode to bypass problems with problematic characters
20. Add "View versions" to NR