PO Templates: allow anyone to delete
Right now a PO template can only be deleted by the person who created it. We have a number of templates sitting in our list that were created as tests when we first adopted Alma. We can't delete them because we don't know who made them, and it's possible that the creator no longer works at our institution.
We don't see why public templates require this level of protection; if someone is concerned about a template being deleted, they can make it private.
We would like the ability to clean up our template list so it can actually be an efficient tool. If someone has the Alma role to make a template, they should be able to delete any public template as well.
University of Manitoba
Sion Romaine commented
Agreed we really need this functionality. We had a staff member resign recently and now we're stuck with dozens of public templates that we can't get rid of. The documentation suggests that they can be deleted by an Acquisitions Administrator ("A public template can be used by everyone, but only the template owner or an Acquisitions Administrator can edit or delete the template."), but this clearly isn't the case.
Naomi Maendel commented
It's not a straightforward process. You'll need to get to the templates by opening an existing PO, then delete the template from there. The PO itself won't be changed.
Here are the steps:
- find any PO and edit
- do nothing to it
- at the top right, choose Save as template (this will get you to the templates section)
- Existing Templates dropdown - choose the template to delete
- both fields will fill and a Delete button will appear - click it
- you should see a confirmation message: "Template has been deleted." If you don't see it, you're not the owner of the template and it didn't work.
- click Cancel (because you don't want to create a new template)
- you're back in the PO
- more templates to delete? Choose Save as template again, repeat the steps
- finished? Choose Back to PO Line List to exit the PO
I'd like to see this method work every time, not just for templates I've made.
Hope this helps!
I didn't think templates could be deleted at all, only changed. Can you tell me how you are able to delete a PO template?