RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the option to copy references to other projects

Please add the function to copy references to other projects not "Using the Export References" or "Using a Shared Folder".
    Both of these methods require many steps.
    We need more easy way to copy references to other projects.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Import PMID from PubMed by Save to RefWorks

Please improve Save to RefWorks to import PMID from PubMed.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bulk edit for DOI field

Hello, would it be possible to Bulk edit also the field DOI? Especially records imported from PubMed include [doi] in this field which should not display in a bibliography.
    It would be very helpful if we could Replace [doi] with zero characters in all records at once.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I miss a lot from refworks legacy the feature of "duplicate a reference"

It saves a lot of time when input a some very similar references.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to add the RefID to an export or to a custom style

We would like to export from New RefWorks with a RefID included. At this moment, the default export options don't include the RefID and it's not possible to add the field RefID to a custom style.

Use case: two researchers have to look at the literature for a systematic review and decide on inclusion or exclusion. They want to have a list in Excel with title and abstract and RefID to make it easier to compare and clean their list afterwards. This is possible in Legacy RefWorks, but not in New/ProQuest RefWorks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. APA capitalization

I would love to see the automation of capitalizing proper nouns in APA. I believe that the only way to currently achieve this is to edit the citation after export.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Batch Account Inactive Function by Last active on New RW Admin Page

We would like to make accounts delete/inactive by batch after narrowing by "Last active" on the admin page of New RefWorks. This is available on Legacy RefWroks' admin page.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Write-n-cite search "function" improvement

Am I the only one who thinks the Write-n-cite "insert citation"-window functionality is horrible?
    Please,
    1) add a possibility re-size the window such that you can see more than just two references.
    2) allow proper search function - at minimum a possibility to search by typing two author names but preferably also words from any field in the reference.

Currently I see only two lines
    and (maybe I'm doing this wrong but anyway) can only search by single author (surname).

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Menu for Language Setting on WnC

We can set the language by ourselves when we login to WnC with Legacy RefWorks account, but we cannot when we login to New version's account. Please add menu to set the language even when we login to WnC with New RefWorks accounts! This request is for users who also uses non-English languages in the world, but I think it is needed.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save to RefWorks Design Improvements

For the love of all that is holy, please create an option to minimize the 'Save to RefWorks' pop-up window when you're trying to input a reference. When Save to RefWorks can't manage to input most of the information itself (85% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), you have to manually input, but the giant RefWorks window blocks half of the article information that you need to input from view

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please negate the need for Refworks to require a new tab and login when I export new references from my Institution's database.

I would like all my exported references to default to the Refworks database I already have open at the time.
    Each time I export a new reference into Refworks, I am asked to login again which results in multiple Refworks tabs open.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Global edit

legacy Refworks has global edit function, so I can edit language field at once. Thus, it is good for if my output style has two definition for different languages. However, New RefWorks has bulk edit function as similar as Global edit, but there is no function for editing languages filed.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding a URL/ DOI at the appropriate times, depending on the source

We tell students that when they access one of our databases and export to RefWorks, then they can treat the journal article as a print copy – i.e. they don’t need to put the URL or the date they accessed it – see 1st ref example. If they get an article from Google Scholar, then they need to add the URL and the date they accessed it – see 2nd ref example.

1. Axelsson, J. and Sörensen, J. (2013) The 2D hotelling filter - a quantitative noise-reducing principal-component filter for dynamic PET data, with applications in patient dose reduction, BMC Medical…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase compatability for screen reader software by adding support for Read Aloud by LSDSoftware

While support exists for a few other screen readers, it would be very helpful for users with specialized access needs for the RefWorks read an uploaded PDF feature to be compatible with the Read Aloud browser plugin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. citas hipertextuales

Al crear citas hipertextuales debería realizar una diferenciación entre cita textual y parafraseada, aunque imagino que debe ser complicado sobretodo puesto que se diferencian en que las textuales incluyen página, talvez una forma de solucionar eso podría ser que la cita textual debe haber sido resaltada en el texto completo del documento.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. improve custom field functionaliy

1. Custom fields should be definable at the PROJECT level, as defaults to add to each new reference added to the project.

2. Export and import of ref projects should include metadata for custom field names, and add those in (on import) so that the data is not lost.

3. Allow for export of metadata, so that as instructor I can create a specific set of custom fields, and have students import it to start a project.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mobile

A mobile interface or app would be really helpful to allow me to check references on the go. For example I might log into RefWorks in the library on my mobile to check for a book I previously used, as I imported the reference from my library website I know I can tap a link to take me direct to my library search result for that book and get the exact location.

Secondly it would be great if I could scan the barcode of a book on my mobile to quickly add it to my reference list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base