RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit Tag Names

If a tag has a typo or I realize it needs more or less nuance, if would be nice to edit the names of tags instead of just creating a new tag. Creating replacement tags means redundancies or duplicates when I look at the list of tags. Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. customize display of Shared folders

customize display of Shared folders. Currently, a public URL to a Shared Folder does not allow any customization of how these citations are displayed--or any selection whatsoever--creating disadvantage for RefWorks-naive users.

Please allow the admin and/or user customization of how references are displayed in public URL Shared folders. (e.g., I might like to display only the title and abstract, etc.)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Search function for uploaded pdf files

When pdf files are uploaded to RefWorks (attached to a reference in a folder) they load as an image when you 'read' them. Unfortunately this means you can't search for keywords within the document itself, which is different to being able to search within a normal pdf file (using the Ctrl+F function). It would be very useful if this search function was enabled in the RefWorks software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to print out abstracts to enable easy review of articles

Please allow me to print out my references, including the abstract so I can quickly sort out the main articles to use for citation after a large searching exercise

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Link button in table view

Right now to view a source you have to click on the source, go to the sidebar that pops up, scroll down, and copy the URL text into the browser address bar. Putting a link to the source right in the table view for all your sources seems incredibly simple.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically display bibliographies onto a website + allow for updates when citation list is updated.

Automatically display bibliographies onto a website + allow for updates when citation list is updated--RSS feed of citation lists but attractively displayed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve CTR Harvard

Being reluctant to create an institutional version of CTR Harvard, can the RefWorks supplied version of CTR Harvard be improved to make it more accurate? eg by making book/article titles sentence cased? or by the making the journal title, title cased? This is already done for APA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In publicly Shared Folders, and public URL allow native citation style rather than CSL or, even better, allow some level of customization of

In publicly Shared Folders, and especially folders shared via public URL, allow native citation style rather than CSL or, even better, allow some level of customization of output style and display.

The current output style and display is nearly unusable--confusing for both the end user and librarians.

Please see case #00874868 for full explanation of the issue.

Video files attached

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to export folder information with a reference.

I would like to be able to see in which folder(s) a certain citation is once i have exported it for example to a .csv file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copy and Paste references

It would be great if Refworks can allow copy and paste of other references to their platform so they can choose the type of style they prefer rather than only export, import and create a new ideology. Paste a reference in a box where it tells you what style it is, and which one do you prefer. Then, make your choice if APA, HAVARD whatsoever.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Capitalise titles when importing them

When using the (very very helpful) import citation from either google scholar or the journal page or wherever, is it possible to have the title capitalised? It might not be your doing it might be the originator. I have had to go through all the imported titles and capitalise them to comply with APA standards.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Field "Author Address/Affiliation"

Could you please add a default field "Author Address/Affiliation" to each reference of New RefWorks as same as legacy version?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to add the RefID to an export or to a custom style

We would like to export from New RefWorks with a RefID included. At this moment, the default export options don't include the RefID and it's not possible to add the field RefID to a custom style.

Use case: two researchers have to look at the literature for a systematic review and decide on inclusion or exclusion. They want to have a list in Excel with title and abstract and RefID to make it easier to compare and clean their list afterwards. This is possible in Legacy RefWorks, but not in New/ProQuest RefWorks.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to suggest that an upgrade be written so RefWorks can interface with Scrivener.

It would be very handy to be able to import citations into the Scrivener writing system, as opposed to just having access to Word, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide ability for administrators to display announcements / notifications in RefWorks

Provide ability for administrators to display announcements / notifications in RefWorks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To cite in Author(year) format, currently Refworks allows to hide the author in the default format (Author, year) and we need to write manu

To cite in Author(year) format, currently Refworks allows to hide the author in the default format (Author, year) and we need to write manually the author names outside the parenthesis.

This is error prone and time consuming.

Please bring in an option as a drop-down/tick box where "Author(year)" is also one choice. Endnote does this beautifully. See the attached illustration.

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. RCM Improve Search

Trying to locate the needed reference to cite in RCM is very difficult. Can't search within a specific folder. Can't search for more than one term or a phrase. If too many results are found no way to narrow further. Help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to display a message to all users when they login

We made changes to one of our institutional styles and I wanted to have a message show to all users when they login. I am sure there are other things we would want to alert them to changes we have made to RefWorks. Messages could display until the user dismisses them.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Realize folders and search function in Quick Cite

Quick Cite is only useful if the number of references in your account is limited, as it isn't possible to select a folder or search for a reference. Now the only possibility is to scroll through the whole list of all references. It would be a great improvement if you could select a folder and search for a particular reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base