RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

How can we improve RefWorks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ensure RCM (RefWorks Citation Manager) works well in Microsoft Word for Mac

allowing references to be added easily and quickly

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Error al Referenciar en Vancouver

Al referenciar con tipo de fuente TESIS, no genera correctamente la referencia. Por ejemplo debería tomar primero apellido del autor y luego inicial, pero hace lo contrario.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. tags

With a shared folder for a team, we're all adding references and trying to keep them organized. We initially used tags and then learned that they were account specific so other team members can't see our tags. However, tags are the best way to organize and search the entries. When added in shared folder, tags should be visible to all.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. APA 6th should always only ever be author last name and date of publication (plus pagination if a direct quote). Never add initials!

Yes, I will up-vote a similar concern about the Harvard style having the same problem (it appears) but this is crucial for users of the APA style. The a, b, c method is fine for same author, same year, different publication, but how on God's green earth did you come up with adding author initials to make distinctions? Please get it right. We have an institutional account with you and students use writ'n'cite to enter APA correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Author initials were added at customers’ request, to distinguish between authors with identical last names. However we realize some users require the original style. We are looking at how best to address this and have both options available, and should have an update here soon.

5. Export RIS format from Cochrane Library without lacking of the field C3 and M3

The field of C3 and M3 is dropped out when we try to export citations by RIS format from Cochrane Library. Please improve it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to just hit Enter when using "Search Databases"

When using "Search Databases" in the basic mode, make it so I can just hit Enter instead of clicking on the magnifying glass to enter my search terms.

If the magnifying glass is necessary, either move it to the end of the search box or replace it with a blue Search box (as in the Advanced search).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I also suggest that you enable a line to put additional information about a folder, for example: "XYZ User Search" or any useful information

I also suggest that you enable a line to put additional information about a folder, for example: "XYZ User Search" or any useful information about that folder. In the Reference Manager there was a similar metadata and it was very useful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to wha

I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to what we do in outlock "archived folders".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make RefWorks for Google Docs compatible with Open Athens (single sign on)

Please make RefWorks for Google Docs compatible with Single Sign such as OpenAthens. Our students don't want to use it since it requires an additional password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include information about RCM within the online RefWorks interface

Currently in the Tools section of RefWorks there is only information on Write-n-Cite. Users are finding this and downloading Write-n-Cite when we are recommending they use RCM instead. Can the information on citing in Word in the Tools section be updated to explain that users can use RCM if they have Word 2016 or later?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Invalid reference data listing

A tool to list all references which have invalid date / false language abbreviation etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please negate the need for Refworks to require a new tab and login when I export new references from my Institution's database.

I would like all my exported references to default to the Refworks database I already have open at the time.
    Each time I export a new reference into Refworks, I am asked to login again which results in multiple Refworks tabs open.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve import of author's names

The most common problem we see with the formatting of references is that the author's first and last name are treated as one field, so that the in-text citation would read (Ali Smith, 2017) rather than (Smith, 2017). This happens quite a lot, is there a way to improve the export/importing of author's names?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search should default to folder you are working in

If you are currently in a folder, perhaps the search function should default to searching the folder you are in, with an option to search your entire database of references.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Citation style names need context

Many citation styles have many different versions (author-date, in-text, footnote) and editions (6th, 7th, 8th). The names in the list make it hard to choose which one is best. Clearer names and more information about the style, including last updated date, perhaps in a "hover" style information box, would help users. It would also be nice to be able to search/browse a list of styles instead of only having an autocomplete search box to find citation styles.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New feature to link references

It will be very useful (at leas to me) to add a new feature that will allow to set a link between references, i.e.

- is cited by
    - is review of
    - Is a rejoinder of
    - etc.

And the posibility to use that feature while building bibiographies to inser while citing a book where is reviewed, who has cited it,etc.

A search engine to follow that tree and navigate thru it would be useful too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How about making Write'n'Cite work?

It has stopped working. It sometimes appears to let me log on but no references are recognized.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow multiple independent bibliographies

Add an option to start a second new bibliography within a single document. This would be ideal for writing chapters where each section needs a separate bibliography.

This would be very simple to add and would help with keeping formating consistent for other objects in documents like figures.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide the ability to add different reference types to an existing style

There are new forms of information all the time and students are referencing increasingly varied things in their assignment. It would be useful if we could add new reference types to our institutional referencing style to cover these things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base