RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

How can we improve RefWorks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include referring URL or permalink

RefWorks should capture the referring URL or (when coming from an ExL/ProQuest property) the permalink for a record when importing. This would help patrons go back to where they found the item, in case they need more details about it, want to get the item, or want to find other things like it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Is it possible to get the add in file for the reference citation manager to install it manually on systrem which didn't support the store?

Is it possible to get the add in file for the reference citation manager to install it manually on systems, which didn't support the store?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. error al guardar un cambio la barra de usuario pregunta y lenguaje e institucion no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

error al guardar un cambio de una fuente, la barra de usuario ayuda (?) y lenguaje e institución no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  4. En el estilo de cita APA 6th edición

Apa 6th edition. Problem with capitals

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a ref type for "dissertation"

There is no reference type in RefWorks for dissertations, only theses. In APA style, citations for dissertations and theses are formatted differently so RefWorks should offer an additional reference type.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import PMID from PubMed by Save to RefWorks

Please improve Save to RefWorks to import PMID from PubMed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for the coice of font and size of font in the settings. I have to change font and size each time I copy & paste.

Instead of having to change the font and size each time I import a reference, it would be helpful if we could set this within RefWorks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Global edit

legacy Refworks has global edit function, so I can edit language field at once. Thus, it is good for if my output style has two definition for different languages. However, New RefWorks has bulk edit function as similar as Global edit, but there is no function for editing languages filed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Text Color

All text in Black. Hard to read titels. I wish there is a featrues through it I can control text colors. I can choose color for titels and color for tags and color for reference ... exct

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. List bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order.

Some of Japanese author guidelines requires authors to
    sort bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order. But current RefWorks can not respond to this requirement and it reduce the value of RefWorks.
    It might depend on the bibliography database provides, but I am glad if you consider to improve this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clear last imported folder when a new import is made

In RefWorks original, when you import a reference set, the Last Imported folder was reset, so only that import is contained in the folder.

Now, "Last Imported" isn't last imported, it's ALL references imported in the last 30 days!

At best, it now requires the additional steps of selecting and clearing references from the so-called last imported folder before you import new references; and if you forget, the old references are left in with the new references, making it harder to work on only the new references.

If you insist on keeping it this way, then rename the folder "Recently…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer Sensitive and Specific deduplication algorithms instead of New and Legacy

New RefWorks presently offers a choice of two deduplication algorithms that work differently. They find comparable numbers of duplicates, but they do not find the same duplicates. Users have to run both algorithms to find the maximum number of duplicates.

Users would be better off if the choices were between a high-sensitivity search (flag any duplicate picked up by either algorithm) and a high-specificity search (flag only those duplicates picked up by both algorithms).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sort by Date on Table View

We would like to sort references by data when we display RefWorks on table view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View all highlights

The single most important thing I found when writing my book, and what I do desperately need for my dissertation, is a single location that lists all of my highlights from the entire project. The workflow of reviewing the documents, highlighting key ideas, viewing all the highlights, organizing them into a cohesive framework, then building it into the final product is one of the most keenly efficient ways I've ever seen to write a scholarly work, and you're one step away from being the perfect resource for that.

Please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ensure RCM (RefWorks Citation Manager) works well in Microsoft Word for Mac

allowing references to be added easily and quickly

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Error al Referenciar en Vancouver

Al referenciar con tipo de fuente TESIS, no genera correctamente la referencia. Por ejemplo debería tomar primero apellido del autor y luego inicial, pero hace lo contrario.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. tags

With a shared folder for a team, we're all adding references and trying to keep them organized. We initially used tags and then learned that they were account specific so other team members can't see our tags. However, tags are the best way to organize and search the entries. When added in shared folder, tags should be visible to all.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. APA 6th should always only ever be author last name and date of publication (plus pagination if a direct quote). Never add initials!

Yes, I will up-vote a similar concern about the Harvard style having the same problem (it appears) but this is crucial for users of the APA style. The a, b, c method is fine for same author, same year, different publication, but how on God's green earth did you come up with adding author initials to make distinctions? Please get it right. We have an institutional account with you and students use writ'n'cite to enter APA correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Author initials were added at customers’ request, to distinguish between authors with identical last names. However we realize some users require the original style. We are looking at how best to address this and have both options available, and should have an update here soon.

19. Export RIS format from Cochrane Library without lacking of the field C3 and M3

The field of C3 and M3 is dropped out when we try to export citations by RIS format from Cochrane Library. Please improve it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I also suggest that you enable a line to put additional information about a folder, for example: "XYZ User Search" or any useful information

I also suggest that you enable a line to put additional information about a folder, for example: "XYZ User Search" or any useful information about that folder. In the Reference Manager there was a similar metadata and it was very useful

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base