RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move the URL field to the top of the citation record preview screen

Currently, the link resolver "Check for Full Text" field appears at the very top of the citation record preview screen. However, the URL field appears near the bottom of a citation preview record. For certain publication types, especially grey literature, the link resolver links perform poorly. It would be ideal if the URL field appeared near the top of the record with the link resolver field to ensure end users discover it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability for group members in a shared Project to leave feedback/messages for each other.

For example, I have a professor working with a group of students. They are all collaborating on a Project. The professor would like to leave feedback for the students regarding the references they are adding.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Refworks plugin available in Overleaf (LaTeX editor)

A direct plugin to insert bibliography from Refworks in Overleaf (like it's possible with others reference managers as Mendely, Zotero...)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it works

There are many potential improvements related with notes, how to find words, etc. But I would be happy if, at least, the poor functionalities that it has, could work properly.
    After contacting support service months ago, problems remains the same or even worse.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using Word Add-In and Plug-In with Track Changes and Comments

Many students are working on extensive research papers using RefWorks plug-in or add-in in Word. They work with a faculty, using Track Changes and comments (either through sharing or saving and sending).
    There needs to be a section about how to safely use Track Changes with RefWorks. I had a student have a capstone paper really messed up and it was believed by tech support that track changes was the culprit.
    This is how people work and collaborate, so we need to understand up front how to safely use RefWorks and Track Changes in a Word document.
    A video would…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bibliography order of citations with same author and year

When creating a bibliography in Word using Write 'n Cite, RefWorks automatically bases the order of citations on the author, then the title. However, when using two different citations with the same author and year, I want the order of those citations to be the same order I used them in the text.
    Now I have 'author(2021b)' first in my text, then 'author(2021a)' because it's sorted like that in the bibliography.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Request for update to AGLC4 in RefWorks

We would like to request that an update for AGLC4 be done in RefWorks. This style has been out for a while now.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it faster

For something that it paid for, my RefWorks is always moving REAL slow compared to other paid reference managers I've used (mainly EndNote). RefWorks seems to have trouble handling the 2,000+ references I've accumulated (and continue to accumulate) over my career.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it faster

For something that it paid for, my RefWorks is always moving REAL slow compared to other paid reference managers I've used (mainly EndNote). RefWorks seems to have trouble handling the 2,000+ references I've accumulated (and continue to accumulate) over my career.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Refworks Citation Manager (RCM)"

I would like "Refworks Citation Manager (RCM)" to appear explicitly in Tools / Cite references in the word processor / Microsoft word, since it is surprising not to find this term, because in the videos he is mentioned

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable customizing the dash between the page numbers

RefWorks automatically uses a dash between page numbers in bibliography and I can't customize the dash. My uni requires us to use en dash in bibliography and I have to always edit it to the bibliography after creating it. It would be so much easier if i could customize the dash in citation style editor.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Folder

Importing a citation from an external source, the site asks what folder. Can you put a create folder ability on the window? The window 'pull' down that lists my current folder/location. It would be helpful to have the ability to create a new folder there. Right now, you have to go out of the import window, etc.

Also, importing citations, the same window asking for the location. When you select a check box, the window doesn't auto close (which it should). To close your selection, you must mouse click out on the page. Then the window closes, but doesn't show…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. create an output style with sub-citations (see style Angewandte Chemie International)

We need that Refworks support the sub-citation feature for the in-text citation and the reference list. There are many styles with this feature, Angewandte Chemie International... And a lot of science journals require this formatting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow page numbers to be included in in-text citation for books in Google Doc AddOn

It is currently not possible to add a specific page number or page range to an in-text citation when citing pages from a book. It is very common to need to cite particular pages, rather than a full book, so I expect this feature would be widely welcomed and used. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. carriage return

For CSE, we should be able to insert a carriage return to create an annotated bibliography.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offline GUI

I would like be able to use Refworks on a computer that doesn't have internet access. A GUI which allows me to manage citations without an internet connection.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Video records and APA format

APA format requires that author/director precede the video title. The record format in RefWorks only includes a director field. The APA format export places title before director and excludes the [video] of [film] part of the citation.

Please provide more metadata field options for video records and options to select video, film, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Citation Sort Order: Author and Date Descending

In the citation settings, where you have the sort order - Can you please add the option to Author and Descending

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base