RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep search terms while searching PubMed from within New RefWorks

In the Advanced search form, if a user types in a term then decides to change the search field, the text they type is erased. This leads to user frustration. I reported it to the Support Portal and go the reply that is by design not a bug. This would be a suggested improvement, if you would like to make suggestions for improving the product please add them to our forum at https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/909445-refworks . The suggestions made here are used by the management and development team to chart future product development.
    So here it is and thank you for considering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow searching by PMID in PubMed

It would be helpful to be able to search by PMID when searching PubMed through RefWorks (i.e. through the "search databases" button on the left side of the screen). Sometimes we are searching for specific articles and have the PMID so that would save us time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. RCM: Add a "Recent" or "Frequently Used" option to help users easily retrieve references that have been recently/frequently used.

Add a "Recent" or "Frequently Used" option to RCM to help users easily retrieve references that have been recently/frequently used.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. RefWorks on board in a computer. Like Endnote is resident.

Need to be able to access RefWorks on an offline basis. Not everyone can write their papers on an online only basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Remove Field Codes" in WnC is an invaluable function for faculty and grad students. Please add to RCM.

Publishers do not want RefWorks field codes in submitted manuscripts. WnC provides this valuable function, but faculty and graduate students, who because of their platform must use RCM, do not have this feature. I submit that RCM must have this capability for this population of users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Easily Recognizable APA 7 Standard Format

When selecting APA 6 for the RefWorks bibliography, you see a standard option and other variations.
    • APA 6th - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - Annotated with Abstracts - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - Annotated with Abstracts - No Title Casing Applied - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - No Title Casing Applied - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - No Title Casing Applied, New DOI - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition

When selecting APA 7, no standard/basic option is indicated.
    According to section 9.34 of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enhanced reporting in New RefWorks

Please consider enhancing New RefWorks reporting. Either same reporting as Legacy RefWorks, or report break out for the following categories: All Disciplines, All Department, All Roles. Currently we cannot correlate reporting between Legacy RefWorks and New RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [New RefWorks] 나만의 출력스타일(Citation style) 공유하기 기능 추가해주세요 - Request for my custom citation styles share feature

Legacy 기존버전에서는 출력스타일/인용스타일을 백업 기능을 이용해서 다른 이용자와 공유할 수 있었습니다. 그런데 New RefWorks에서는 그 기능이 없어 불편합니다. 이용자끼리 '나만의 출력스타일'을 공유할 수 있도록 기능 추가해주세요.

The users can share the custom citation style by using back-up and restore function in Legacy, but New RefWorks is not. It was very useful feature. I want to share my custom style with my colleague not publish to the institutional style in public.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Ask a Librarian chat widgets within RefWorks

Allow institutions to embed a LibChat or other chat service within the RefWorks interface

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Write-n-cite search "function" improvement

Am I the only one who thinks the Write-n-cite "insert citation"-window functionality is horrible?
    Please,
    1) add a possibility re-size the window such that you can see more than just two references.
    2) allow proper search function - at minimum a possibility to search by typing two author names but preferably also words from any field in the reference.

Currently I see only two lines
    and (maybe I'm doing this wrong but anyway) can only search by single author (surname).

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Batch Account Inactive Function by Last active on New RW Admin Page

We would like to make accounts delete/inactive by batch after narrowing by "Last active" on the admin page of New RefWorks. This is available on Legacy RefWroks' admin page.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Line Breaks to New RefWorks

Please add a line break function to the style editor. For those of us that have to submit Working Bibliographies for auditing, it would be great if we were able to export our large amounts of references with the abstract already on the next line as opposed to having to go back and perform line breaks manually after exporting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Capture PMID from CINAHL records upon import

EBSCO has isolated the PMID in as a piece of data in their CINAHL records; however, this doesn’t appear to be captured in an import into RefWorks. Please capture this item when available in CINAHL records.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please negate the need for Refworks to require a new tab and login when I export new references from my Institution's database.

I would like all my exported references to default to the Refworks database I already have open at the time.
    Each time I export a new reference into Refworks, I am asked to login again which results in multiple Refworks tabs open.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a ref type for "dissertation"

There is no reference type in RefWorks for dissertations, only theses. In APA style, citations for dissertations and theses are formatted differently so RefWorks should offer an additional reference type.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add more severe authentication

We have institutions which have multiple campuses or branch office and use a common institutional email address domain.
    If only one campus/office of a large-scale institution subscribes RefWorks, it needs to restrict to access or create new account from other places.
    I think that to add the authentication by all of the following required items would be resolved:
    - access to the unique URL
    - enter the invitation code
    - enter the institutional email address domain

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Menu for Language Setting on WnC

We can set the language by ourselves when we login to WnC with Legacy RefWorks account, but we cannot when we login to New version's account. Please add menu to set the language even when we login to WnC with New RefWorks accounts! This request is for users who also uses non-English languages in the world, but I think it is needed.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base