RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding a URL/ DOI at the appropriate times, depending on the source

We tell students that when they access one of our databases and export to RefWorks, then they can treat the journal article as a print copy – i.e. they don’t need to put the URL or the date they accessed it – see 1st ref example. If they get an article from Google Scholar, then they need to add the URL and the date they accessed it – see 2nd ref example.

1. Axelsson, J. and Sörensen, J. (2013) The 2D hotelling filter - a quantitative noise-reducing principal-component filter for dynamic PET data, with applications in patient dose reduction, BMC Medical…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase compatability for screen reader software by adding support for Read Aloud by LSDSoftware

While support exists for a few other screen readers, it would be very helpful for users with specialized access needs for the RefWorks read an uploaded PDF feature to be compatible with the Read Aloud browser plugin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. citas hipertextuales

Al crear citas hipertextuales debería realizar una diferenciación entre cita textual y parafraseada, aunque imagino que debe ser complicado sobretodo puesto que se diferencian en que las textuales incluyen página, talvez una forma de solucionar eso podría ser que la cita textual debe haber sido resaltada en el texto completo del documento.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mobile

A mobile interface or app would be really helpful to allow me to check references on the go. For example I might log into RefWorks in the library on my mobile to check for a book I previously used, as I imported the reference from my library website I know I can tap a link to take me direct to my library search result for that book and get the exact location.

Secondly it would be great if I could scan the barcode of a book on my mobile to quickly add it to my reference list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  6. Clearer web page instructions for creating an alternative password for RCM.

More detail of how to set up the alternative password option would be useful. We no longer recommend using WNC and want to encourage new users to try RCM. The current account management page doesn't make it very clear: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/ProductDocumentation/RefWorksUserGuide/0200GettingStartedwithRefWorks#ManagingYour_Account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cite web pages correctly in Write-n-cite using Chicago 17th

Here is what Refworks provides:
    Cree Trappers Association. "Eeyou Indoh-Hoh Weeshou-Wehwun/Traditional Eeyou Hunting Law." Eastmain: Cree Trappers Association., accessed December 10, 2018, http://creetrappers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02
    /CTAEEYOUHUNTING_LAW.PDF.

Here is what write-n-cite provides:
    Cree Trappers Association. 2009. Eeyou Indoh-Hoh Weeshou-Wehwun/Traditional Eeyou Hunting Law.

I am providing a word document because the comment box omits formatting such as italics.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. When articles with given tag are viewed, implement sorting by date, author etc as in all refs view or folder view

When viewing references by tag, the 'Sort By' option does not appear: I cannot therefore browse refs e.g. by date (to see most recent articles first)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add more severe authentication

We have institutions which have multiple campuses or branch office and use a common institutional email address domain.
    If only one campus/office of a large-scale institution subscribes RefWorks, it needs to restrict to access or create new account from other places.
    I think that to add the authentication by all of the following required items would be resolved:
    - access to the unique URL
    - enter the invitation code
    - enter the institutional email address domain

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. public URL: output style and search function

Sharing folders publicly I'm missing the option to choose between different (customized) output styles as well as a search function. This was available in the old version.
    For exernal users without refworks accounts the publications lists are not very comfortable to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Capture PMID from CINAHL records upon import

EBSCO has isolated the PMID in as a piece of data in their CINAHL records; however, this doesn’t appear to be captured in an import into RefWorks. Please capture this item when available in CINAHL records.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back access code so people w/o RefWorks account can edit

We are happy that public sharing is now available! Except that the option to send an access code so that people without a RefWorks account can edit/make modifications seems to no longer be available. This is something that we used frequently for committee members who don't work here and don't have an account, but still need to collaborate on a document. Please bring back the access code option!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding ability in author search to see multiple authors with similar names, and to globally change one to another (from Legacy Refworks)

We track publications by authors at our organization, and we format the authors’ names so each one is always the same; e.g, Donald P. Wilson is always Wilson, Don P. even if it was imported from PubMed as Wilson DP. It was easy to search for an author’s name and globally change any stray formats into the same one in the Legacy RefWorks. We'd greatly appreciate having this restored in the new Refworks! Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove ssl 3.0 from write-n-cite.

Remove SSL 3.0 as it is old, unsafe and no longer supported on many university workstations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add deduplication feature for shared folders

We would like to deduplicate even in shared folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I miss a lot from refworks legacy the feature of "duplicate a reference"

It saves a lot of time when input a some very similar references.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow to search for citation using the URL field - not just the title field.

When a user is looking to manually build a citation, allow the lightening bolt tool to operate on the URL field rather than title of the document field. This is the standard in other Citation builders and students are often looking for it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. APA Output Style

Create an option to truncate or untruncate the output in APA. There are times when a truncated citation in APA format is fine. Other times, I need to have a list of each and every author.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. APA 6th website with no author

The current method that RCM uses does not look like the APA 6th method, e.g. APA 6th e.g. "The Quick Brown Fox," 2019 RCM e.g. The quick brown fox.2019.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base