Allow Saved Excel Export Profiles Without Changing Alma’s Screen View
Alma should allow users to create and select saved Excel export profiles that are separate from the Customize view used for the Alma screen display.
The current problem is that if I customize and save a limited view to make an Excel export smaller, my normal Alma screen view also stays limited. That is not what I need. I need my regular full screen view for daily work, but I also need a separate smaller export profile for reports.
Staff should not have to limit their everyday Alma display just to create a clean, narrow Excel export.
Example:
• For daily work, I may want a full item list view with title information, barcode, inventory number, receiving number, item details, and actions.
• For an Excel report, I may only want selected fields such as barcode, title, library, location, call number, item policy, and process type.
Currently, the only workaround is to change the Customize view, save a limited display, export the file, and then restore or rebuild the normal working view. This is inefficient and makes it easy to lose the preferred daily display setup.
Proposed enhancement: Add an option in the Excel export menu to choose a saved export profile without changing the screen display.
The export menu could include:
• Export all fields
• Export current view
• Export using saved profile
• Manage export profiles
This would allow staff to keep their normal Alma view while also creating clean, narrow Excel files for reports, inventory projects, receiving, weeding, and collection review.
This enhancement is important for workflows that require immediate, live Alma data. Analytics is typically delayed by a day, so it cannot always be used when staff need current item information for same-day work.