Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. System generated email: include the domain name in the body of message

Currently system generated emails from Primo do not indicate which server they originated from. We have two servers, production and staging, and we think this is a common setup. In order to know which server the email came from one has to view the message headers. It would be helpful if the emails automatically included the domain name in the body of the message.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. My Library Card: Indicate number of loans at each library

Listed in the left margin of the My Library Card page in our multi-campus / multi-library environment are the names of each library from which a user has requested or borrowed an item. To save the user time in finding relevant, timely information, we'd like the number of items currently "in play" (on loan, requested, with associated fines, etc.) displayed next to each library in that list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a connection file for EndNote that allows batch downloading of full-text files

Create a connection file for EndNote that allows batch downloading of full-text files

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New UI - allow full results to be opened in a new tab

In the old interface and in summon it is possible to open full details pages in a new tab while keeping the full results list open.

In the new ui this is not possible. As one of our academics says
    "I prefer to review the results page first, opening potentially useful results in new tabs (using 'ctrl+click' ) so that they load 'in the background'. Then I can review each tab without disrupting the original search results (and come back to them later if necessary). "

In the new UI the full record opens over the results list and has…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Primo VE: ability to search without search expansion and to display a link to include expanded terms if desired

Currently if the search expansion with controlled vocabulary feature is switched on in Primo VE, the search expansion is automatically included in the search by default and the user has to click to remove the expanded terms from their search. It would be beneficial to have the ability to have the feature switched on, but with the expansion not included by default and for the user to be able to include the expanded terms if desired.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  7. Virtually browse by category of locations

We would like to have the function to allow patron virtually browsing category of locations, so that patron can realize which location they are browsing. We have some special shelf which is out of side the library of congress call number arrangement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would like FRBR member boosting to be cone at institution level so multi tenant can select default record type(e over print etc...)

Currently in a multi tenant environment some variables are only at the installation level and can't be changed. My example is the FRBR for print always shows, where we would prefer the electronic:

As total care can we do this making the Ebook or electronic version be the first on the brief display rather than the print?

http://twuniversal.twu.edu/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do?fn=search&ct=search&initialSearch=true&mode=Advanced&tab=twulibraries_catalog&indx=1&dum=true&srt=rank&vid=TWU-A&frbg=&tb=t&vl%2881141778UI0%29=any&vl%28freeText0%29=0007-1145

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Introduce Nested Faceting in "Refine My Results"

Currently, it is possible to create new facets in the "Refine My Results" section with a little bit of work. Is there a way that nested facets could be introduced to this section? For example, there might be a facet titled "video" with the option of expanding this to introduce sub-facets like DVD, VHS, Film, Bluray, eVideo, etc. Or, under the facet "book" we would have the option of expanding this to introduce sub-facets like print book, eBook, Thesis/dissertation, Microform, Large print, Braille book, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Primo VE: subject searching with hyphens

When I click on a subject heading in a record in Primo VE (https://catalog.library.vanderbilt.edu/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991029907089703276&context=L&vid=01VANINST:DIVINITY&searchscope=MyInstitution&tab=LibraryCatalog&lang=en), Primo VE does an exact subject search and gets no results, not even the record on which I clicked the subject heading. This only happens with some subject headings, not all. An example: the subject heading Self immolation -- Religious aspects -- Buddhism gives zero results (not even the record which contains the subject link I'm clicking on shows up, nor any other records with that subject heading -- 2 others); while the subject heading Buddhism -- China -- Customs and practices…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  11. Context sensitive help

have a default context sensitive help file(s) in the new UI that can be adapted locally, with local edits being highlighted for change, but not over written when Primo is upgraded and the help text amended centrally.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Modify message and add hyperlink in "Request" tab in search result

"Title Request Limit" is not be used in our library but misleading message "Patron has exceeded requests limit" is shown in result list "Request" tab of Primo after user logged in. As a result, we would like to modify the message and hyperlink that will be more user friendly. Hyperlink is not supported to add. We would like to change the message to 'Click "Holdings" to check "Request Options"' as well as "Holdings" is a hyperlink. Tab will be switch to "Holdings" tab after user click the link.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. seperate 'my favorites' from search history

Please separate 'my favorites' from the search history. users dont think to look under my favorites for search history and the title hierarchy does not make sense. My favorites should go to pinned items and a separate tab should exist for search history.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve the Alma linkresolver design to reduce the appearance multiple online links by a single provider in Primo/Primo VE search results

As a Primo user I would like to see a single link per provider for the content I discover, with the option to view additional links if I wish.

Background
    Primo search results deliver multiple links per provider for each search result. Our clients find this overwhelming.

We now use a custom linkresolver to bundle the multiple search result links to a single link from each provider. The option to view all links remains under a drop-down menu.

When we migrate to Primo VE the custom linkresolver will no longer work. We will return to the multiple links per provider…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to set the primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/ url to redirect to default view.

Currently the / url either errors out or redirects to alma. Since many users just go to the root url it would be great to have this redirect to the default view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  16. Add F1000 as a citation export option

Please provide the option of adding F1000 to the citation export choices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Analytics: Add Referrer to the rest of the Primo Subject Areas

Referrer is only in the Primo Action Usage Subject Area. This field should be added to other subject areas as appropriate -- like Primo Sessions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
  18. android app

I really need a PRIMO android app! when I go to search the books in the library, I have to email from primo to my email acccount. an app would make searching the books so easy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sharing "search bar for our University" into institutional blog and site

I don't find the HTML CODE for Sharing "search bar for our University" into blog /site of professor and department.

We want share our OPAC with other istitutional site and blog.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Chinese characters ordered by stroke count

If we choose sort by "Title" for result list, it seems the Chinese titles are in order of the Unicode Number of Chinese Character. (Please find the attachment file.)

Actually, Chinese are used to sort by number of strokes. Normal users don't understand the Unicode Number.

We would like to change order way of Chinese titles by stroke count which is best for Chinese users. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base