RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feature to link references

It will be very useful (at leas to me) to add a new feature that will allow to set a link between references, i.e.

• is cited by

• is review of

• Is a rejoinder of

• etc.

And the posibility to use that feature while building bibiographies to inser while citing a book where is reviewed, who has cited it,etc.

A search engine to follow that tree and navigate thru it would be useful too.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. [New RefWorks] 나만의 출력스타일(Citation style) 공유하기 기능 추가해주세요 - Request for my custom citation styles share feature

Legacy 기존버전에서는 출력스타일/인용스타일을 백업 기능을 이용해서 다른 이용자와 공유할 수 있었습니다. 그런데 New RefWorks에서는 그 기능이 없어 불편합니다. 이용자끼리 '나만의 출력스타일'을 공유할 수 있도록 기능 추가해주세요.

The users can share the custom citation style by using back-up and restore function in Legacy, but New RefWorks is not. It was very useful feature. I want to share my custom style with my colleague not publish to the institutional style in public.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back access code so people w/o RefWorks account can edit

We are happy that public sharing is now available! Except that the option to send an access code so that people without a RefWorks account can edit/make modifications seems to no longer be available. This is something that we used frequently for committee members who don't work here and don't have an account, but still need to collaborate on a document. Please bring back the access code option!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. European Newsstream My Research - link to New RefWorks

My Research only works with Legacy RefWorks not New RefWorks. Please can this be changed as it seems daft not to work with the new product?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy and Paste references

It would be great if Refworks can allow copy and paste of other references to their platform so they can choose the type of style they prefer rather than only export, import and create a new ideology. Paste a reference in a box where it tells you what style it is, and which one do you prefer. Then, make your choice if APA, HAVARD whatsoever.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for the coice of font and size of font in the settings. I have to change font and size each time I copy & paste.

Instead of having to change the font and size each time I import a reference, it would be helpful if we could set this within RefWorks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Journal names when abbreviated dont't get added to the reference list correctly.

There seems to be a bug when adding references with abbreviated journal name to the reference list. Sometimes the reference gets divided into two lines even though it would fit to one line. This doesn't happen every time, but my collegeis having exatly the same problem.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Create Account" option shows up too soon, produces error, turns students away

On the Legacy Platform, students are experiencing an error when they attempt to create new account. The "Create Account" option shows up as soon as the consent button is checked, so students check on "Create Account" instead of "next" and experience an error, then turn away. Please do not put the "Create Account" option up until it's actually an option... until after student has entered their name, field of study, etc. This is extremely poor design.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improving offline access to PDFs: Organize PDFs in dropbox in folder

It is great you provide offline access to references via dropbox. However, it would be very helpful if those references were organized in folders that matched the folders in refworks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show the record count of ONLY the folder being deduplicated

When finding duplicates in a top level folder, the record count shows the sum of all subfolders too, which suggests that they are ALL being searched (they are NOT at present). If the record count shows only the active folder being searched, it is more clear.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search function for uploaded pdf files

When pdf files are uploaded to RefWorks (attached to a reference in a folder) they load as an image when you 'read' them. Unfortunately this means you can't search for keywords within the document itself, which is different to being able to search within a normal pdf file (using the Ctrl+F function). It would be very useful if this search function was enabled in the RefWorks software.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cut and paste references in google docs

It would be great if it was possible to cut and paste in google docs without the references in the text you cut out disappears, or aren’t recognized as references when they are pasted into the text again.
    They don’t do this immediately but when you update the document or change your citation style.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page

Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Speed up the refresh

March 23, 2019. Refresh is agonizing slow, database is practically useless in this condition. Will not import an APA reference from from Google Scholar. You need to fix this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you add the "International Journal of Renewable Energy Research" Citation?

This style does not seem to exist yet on Refworks, and it is required for one of my classes

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace interstitial page with login page that directs users to Legacy or New depending on credentials

The interstitial page confuses our students because if they are new to RefWorks, they have no idea which option to choose. If you could replace the interstitial page with a log in page - that includes the option to create an account (this would go to New RefWorks) - everyone would be so much happier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export from JBI (OVID) database

Export from JBI (OVID) database. The only way a citation from JBI can be properly imported is to export in RIS format. This is not intuitive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. public URL: output style and search function

Sharing folders publicly I'm missing the option to choose between different (customized) output styles as well as a search function. This was available in the old version.
    For exernal users without refworks accounts the publications lists are not very comfortable to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search option for document in google doc tool by Ref ID

In word tool as well as in google doc tool if I want to cite the reference using Ref ID search (which is good new idea) but not able to do it. So not useful due to this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base