RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put in a duplicate/copy folder option

In order to show progression of research it would be much easier if you could make a copy of a folder and then continue processing this new copy to maintain a record

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Provide ability for administrators to display announcements / notifications in RefWorks

Provide ability for administrators to display announcements / notifications in RefWorks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Write-n-cite integration for chromebook

Have better integration of refworks with chromebook especially with MS Word /Google Docs standalone apps.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to add to the field "short title" to the bibliography, citations and footnotes

In the citation style editor I am not able to add the field "short title" to my bibliography, citations or footnotes. Only the reference type Generic contains the field short title.
    But for some citation styles it is required.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow successive folder assignments

After successfully adding select citations from a list of records to a 1st folder, allow the user to go through the list again to pick other citations to add to other folders. Currently the "apply" button doesn't show up again until you refresh the page.

My particular use case is systematic review screening. I go through a page of results selecting those I want to move to an "include" folder. Then I want to toggle the check boxes and add the others to an "exclude folder". I'd need to refresh the page to get the "apply" button back, loosing the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Arabic language option

For the language option menu that is in the top blue ribbon could you please include Arabic?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can we have a listing for TED talks so that it comes out correct for APA 7? I have to do it by hand now.

There are many TED talks referenced and Refworks does not really recognize APA 7 needs. can we please have that so we do not have to do it by hand each time? thank you

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. improve custom field functionaliy

1. Custom fields should be definable at the PROJECT level, as defaults to add to each new reference added to the project.

2. Export and import of ref projects should include metadata for custom field names, and add those in (on import) so that the data is not lost.

3. Allow for export of metadata, so that as instructor I can create a specific set of custom fields, and have students import it to start a project.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable users to remove an attachment (PDF or other) from a record. When an attachment is added in error, this is a problem.

Enable users to remove an attachment (PDF or other) from a record. When an attachment is added in error, this is a problem, and the user's only recourse if to delete the record and start over.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to wha

I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to what we do in outlock "archived folders".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sort by Date on Table View

We would like to sort references by data when we display RefWorks on table view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offline GUI

I would like be able to use Refworks on a computer that doesn't have internet access. A GUI which allows me to manage citations without an internet connection.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create bibliography from folder (including subfolders)

If the option currently exists, I've been unable to find it. I have references for a project separated into folders (instead of tagging) under a root folder and would like to create a bibliography including all references within the folder and subfolders at once so they are in the correct order.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve and fix RefWorks Projects

Make 'Untitled Project' clearer. Also please fix a bug where after creating a new Project, a message appears each time a reference is imported asking which project is should be saved to, even after the project is deleted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow alteration of Tags at import

Without increasing the number of clicks to import, please add the function to change tags at import. This function could be added to the Import References/Assign to Folder page without requiring additional clicks if the user is happy with the tags being brought in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base