RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Cut and paste references in google docs

It would be great if it was possible to cut and paste in google docs without the references in the text you cut out disappears, or aren’t recognized as references when they are pasted into the text again.
    They don’t do this immediately but when you update the document or change your citation style.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page

Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Speed up the refresh

March 23, 2019. Refresh is agonizing slow, database is practically useless in this condition. Will not import an APA reference from from Google Scholar. You need to fix this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you add the "International Journal of Renewable Energy Research" Citation?

This style does not seem to exist yet on Refworks, and it is required for one of my classes

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Replace interstitial page with login page that directs users to Legacy or New depending on credentials

The interstitial page confuses our students because if they are new to RefWorks, they have no idea which option to choose. If you could replace the interstitial page with a log in page - that includes the option to create an account (this would go to New RefWorks) - everyone would be so much happier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Export from JBI (OVID) database

Export from JBI (OVID) database. The only way a citation from JBI can be properly imported is to export in RIS format. This is not intuitive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. public URL: output style and search function

Sharing folders publicly I'm missing the option to choose between different (customized) output styles as well as a search function. This was available in the old version.
    For exernal users without refworks accounts the publications lists are not very comfortable to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search option for document in google doc tool by Ref ID

In word tool as well as in google doc tool if I want to cite the reference using Ref ID search (which is good new idea) but not able to do it. So not useful due to this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enhanced reporting in New RefWorks

Please consider enhancing New RefWorks reporting. Either same reporting as Legacy RefWorks, or report break out for the following categories: All Disciplines, All Department, All Roles. Currently we cannot correlate reporting between Legacy RefWorks and New RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Setting or preference that allows my default to be APA since everything my University wants it APA. It saves a click, and format accidents.

Allow me to permanently select APA so I don’t accidentally mix or miss format from other citation styles. My school wants 100% APA, so I’d rather not have to select it each and every time. I’d like to minimize my time formatting, and maximize my time reading the content rather than worrying about the format of the bib/works sited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  12. export

From within New RefWorks to export references with the PDF articles in RIS, XML or BIBTeX format?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When articles with given tag are viewed, implement sorting by date, author etc as in all refs view or folder view

When viewing references by tag, the 'Sort By' option does not appear: I cannot therefore browse refs e.g. by date (to see most recent articles first)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. View by Folder

When looking at all references there is not the option to organize (see) them by folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a public URL for sharing projects

In folders, it is possible to share with those who are not affiliated with the university. Is it possible to have a public URL option available when sharing projects?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rotation feature

There doesn't appear to be a feature that allows users to rotate documents if they need to be viewed in landscape.

Additionally, the highlight feature is not always usable. It would be helpful if the highlight feature worked similar to how it does in Adobe Acrobat--if the document is scanned, the highlight feature works like a marker (you "draw" the highlighting on). If the doc is simply a converted file or from the internet, the highlight feature
    highlights word by word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Error al Referenciar en Vancouver

Al referenciar con tipo de fuente TESIS, no genera correctamente la referencia. Por ejemplo debería tomar primero apellido del autor y luego inicial, pero hace lo contrario.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Espacio muy estrecho al visualizar = Very narrow space when displaying

Cuando se visualiza una referencia, el espacio que se abre a la derecha, en vertical, es demasiado estrecho. ¿Se puede ampliar al doble, por lo menos?

When a reference is displayed, the space that opens to the right, vertically, is too narrow. Can it be expanded to at least double?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base