RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Complemento de word

En ocasiones cuando se trabaja con el complemento de word no funciona se deshabilita , como se puede mejorar esto que es muy desgastante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit record

is it possible to limit the import records from Libraries databases (like in the old release)?

it could be important to have limits of 20-50-100- 200 records per search.
    Thank You
    Giampiero, Università Cattolica di Milano

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Assign custom sorting: chronologically, but in 17th ed. Chicago Style-Notes and Bib

While I want my entries to remain in Chicago Style, sometimes it is helpful to sort chronologically, but in more detail than RW currently allows which is only by year then author. I want to order the list more accurately: Year Ascending; Month Ascending; Day Ascending; Author; Title. I realize I can reorder the fields to begin with the full date, but then they are not in Chicago Style. How can I reorder the citations to be truly chronological (as I will have multiple dates within each year), without changing the Chicago Style order of each field?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hyper linking citations

Add a function in write and cite that hyperlinks in-text citations to their entry in the bibliography.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  6. Make <title-short> element in CSL styles searchable from bibliography function

Currently in CSL styles the <title-short> element metadata isn't searched from the Create Bibliography function. For example, searching for APA doesn't return American Psychological Association 7th edition (annotated bibliography) (CSL). Requesting that this be made a searchable element.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. RefWorks style을 학회 사이트에서 직접 다운받을 수 있도록 해주세요

많은 저널에서 제공하는 저자 투고정보에서는 EndNote 투고스타일을 제공하고 있고 심지어는 Elsevier 에 소속된 저널에서는 Mendeley까지 제공하고 있습니다. RefWorks 스타일은 사서가 일일이 만들어 제공해야 하는데 매우 불편하고 시간이 소요되고 있습니다. 이를 해결할 방법은 있는지요? 계속 이렇게 사서가 만들어 제공해야 한다면 지금까지 사용을 유도하기 위하여 힘든 기간을 거쳐왔지만 스타일이 제공되는 다른 Tool을 안내해야 하는 것이 아닌가 하는 생각이 많아지고 있습니다. 이를 해결해주시기 바랍니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding a URL/ DOI at the appropriate times, depending on the source

We tell students that when they access one of our databases and export to RefWorks, then they can treat the journal article as a print copy – i.e. they don’t need to put the URL or the date they accessed it – see 1st ref example. If they get an article from Google Scholar, then they need to add the URL and the date they accessed it – see 2nd ref example.

1. Axelsson, J. and Sörensen, J. (2013) The 2D hotelling filter - a quantitative noise-reducing principal-component filter for dynamic PET data, with applications in patient dose reduction, BMC Medical…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. An localized icon image for OpenURLs (like Legacy RefWorks has)

Currently each citation in legacy RefWorks can be configured to include the institution's unique image in place of the OpenURL link. Not sure why this is not an option in New RefWorks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet

Please provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet, so that the user doesn't have to take lots of time to reconstruct them. They were provided in legacy RW.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. APA 6th website with no author

The current method that RCM uses does not look like the APA 6th method, e.g. APA 6th e.g. "The Quick Brown Fox," 2019 RCM e.g. The quick brown fox.2019.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Se demora en subir los archivos adjuntos de la referencia

Existen archivos que se quedan sin poder subir para luego visualizarlos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improving offline access to PDFs: Organize PDFs in dropbox in folder

It is great you provide offline access to references via dropbox. However, it would be very helpful if those references were organized in folders that matched the folders in refworks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove ssl 3.0 from write-n-cite.

Remove SSL 3.0 as it is old, unsafe and no longer supported on many university workstations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RefWorks creates reference review for doctoral papers so it is already formatted, so all I have to do is input the information

ReWorks creates the outline for a reference review. So I do not have to recreate the columns and titles for each category. So all I have to do is enter the information. RefWorks also puts in information in alphabetical or chronological order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. folder lock

Have an option to lock certain folders which prohibits articles being deleted from them. Would help from accidentally losing files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. チャット+カレンダー(Googleカレンダーなど外部のアプリとの連携でもOK)で共同研究管理やタスクフォース進捗管理ができることが望ましい。きるようにしてほしい。

PDFファイルを格納するのは、ToDOリスト作り、共同研究や遠隔地の研究者と共著を進めるなど、これからの研究スタイルでは不可欠のものになる。飛行機代を研究資材に充てることで研究効率を高めていく、そのためには文献管理=タスク・スケジュール管理であるべきだ。
    カレンダーとチャット機能、ガントチャートなどのタスクフォースツールを共有できるには、シンプルなものが必要だ。各国で既存流通されているシステム(GoogleカレンダーやBACK LOGなど)を取り込めるような仕組みを活用できることで後続の研究者育成と直結できるだけでなく、次のユーザー囲い込みも可能になる

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Ask a Librarian chat widgets within RefWorks

Allow institutions to embed a LibChat or other chat service within the RefWorks interface

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. error al guardar un cambio la barra de usuario pregunta y lenguaje e institucion no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

error al guardar un cambio de una fuente, la barra de usuario ayuda (?) y lenguaje e institución no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base