RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create bibliography from folder (including subfolders)

If the option currently exists, I've been unable to find it. I have references for a project separated into folders (instead of tagging) under a root folder and would like to create a bibliography including all references within the folder and subfolders at once so they are in the correct order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add more severe authentication

We have institutions which have multiple campuses or branch office and use a common institutional email address domain.
    If only one campus/office of a large-scale institution subscribes RefWorks, it needs to restrict to access or create new account from other places.
    I think that to add the authentication by all of the following required items would be resolved:
    - access to the unique URL
    - enter the invitation code
    - enter the institutional email address domain

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Administrative reports to support migration from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks

Robust reporting is required to performance monitor the migration process from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks. As both legacy and new RW accounts can co-exist hence why currently it is impossible to determine whether RW account holders have migrated any References from legacy platform to new platform. A migration report should be setup which should determine if any references from the legacy platform to the new platform have been migrated against each account (any new or legacy RW account). Through this, we would be able to analyse which user has migrated the references. Currently, 'Active / inactive' report from the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Write-n-Cite

Dear RefWords gentlemen, I thank you for collaborating informing me how to speak the Write-n-Cite in the Microsoft word offcie 365 proplus.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Browser Extensions for Importing

Provide a browser add-on or extension which paints a button on database pages to easily download the citation, but also the full text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Put in a duplicate/copy folder option

In order to show progression of research it would be much easier if you could make a copy of a folder and then continue processing this new copy to maintain a record

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Write-n-cite integration for chromebook

Have better integration of refworks with chromebook especially with MS Word /Google Docs standalone apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. View ePubs

View ePubs within RefWorks and be able to annotate and collaborate

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Log in to refworks.proquest.com in Write-N-Cite using authorization code

The Write-N-Cite Word plugin contains "Use authorization code" as login method. It is only possible to generate this code in the old refworks.com, not the new refworks.proquest.com.

It should be possible to:
    a) either generate the authorization code in refworks.proquest.com
    b) or log in to Write-N-Cite using the password generated in refworks.proquest.com for the new add-in (RefWorks Citation Manager for Word 2016).

The rationale for this is to support a way to pair the Write-N-Cite plugin with the refworks.proquest.com account using a way other than username/password (need to remember separate password) and other than Shibboleth (displaying a web view in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. improve custom field functionaliy

1. Custom fields should be definable at the PROJECT level, as defaults to add to each new reference added to the project.

2. Export and import of ref projects should include metadata for custom field names, and add those in (on import) so that the data is not lost.

3. Allow for export of metadata, so that as instructor I can create a specific set of custom fields, and have students import it to start a project.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable users to remove an attachment (PDF or other) from a record. When an attachment is added in error, this is a problem.

Enable users to remove an attachment (PDF or other) from a record. When an attachment is added in error, this is a problem, and the user's only recourse if to delete the record and start over.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. traductor de texto

incrementar en herramientas o en una pestaña nueva un traductor de textos y documentos

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to wha

I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to what we do in outlock "archived folders".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea will be considered for future development.
    As of the June release, alphabetical sorting of folders is supported; you can add Z or ZZ to the start of these folders’ names and sort alphabetically so that they will be at the bottom of the list.

15. Have cursor appear when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, without having to click the "Search References" bar

I would like to suggest that when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, it would be nice if the cursor appeared already in the "Search References" bar, rather than having to click on it. This would make the process much smoother.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  16. En el estilo de cita APA 6th edición

Apa 6th edition. Problem with capitals

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hide/Remove a System Folder

Unidentified folders which are not created/shared in an account are displayed on WNC.
    Uncreated/Unshared folders in an account are displayed on WNC. We've heard that they are system folders to sync WNC documents with RefWorks and we cannot hide or remove them at the present specification. Could you please meke it possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make a feature to add a link of a highlighted potion of one document to a highlighted portion of a different document in your library

Make a feature to add a link of a highlighted potion of one document to a highlighted portion of a different document in your library

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow to search for citation using the URL field - not just the title field.

When a user is looking to manually build a citation, allow the lightening bolt tool to operate on the URL field rather than title of the document field. This is the standard in other Citation builders and students are often looking for it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Problem with deleting records

I'm trying to delete some items from RW but can't do so. The delete option is greyed out.
    In other cases it's not.
    Have not heard back with a solution to this yet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base