Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Make it easier to copy a call number

Please make it easier to copy the call number from a holdings record in primo.

The design of the holdings info in Primo prevents users from easily selecting/copying the call number. Since the holdings info is a link, clicking and dragging from left to right makes it impossible to select the call number. It is possible to click and drag from right to left (not intuitive for LTR languages), or to click through to the item and then select the call number (not discoverable).

See linked video for an illustration of the problem.
    https://www.useloom.com/share/2f446721f95346079a3d62f878ecbe7f

340 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We would like PRIMO to be REAL TIME

We would like PRIMO to be REAL TIME, just as we had in Voyager. If we add records to ALMA, why do users have to wait 24-48 hours and many times longer, to have that record appear for use in PRIMO. Finding links to resources is key to user satisfaction.

291 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting this request. This enhancement is already supported in Primo VE, which optimizes the management of Primo with Alma by utilizing the Alma platform.
    Beyond this particular example, libraries adopting Primo VE can further reduce duplicated administrative processes and optimize workflows. For more details please see: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/Primo_VE

3. Physical Holdings should be considered in determining Primo Availabilty.

At this time, Alma physical holdings are NOT considered in determining article coverage in Primo search results. The system should be smart enough to recognize physical holding date/coverage. ExLibris should create a look-up tool that will check our physical holdings and offer Get It details so patrons will see that articles are available in print journals that are owned by the library.

275 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This enhancement is already supported in Primo VE, which optimizes the management of Primo with Alma by utilizing the Alma platform.

When opening the full record page, Primo VE always checks for available services both physical and electronic. This is for locally held records, PCI records and records from openURL. In cases of an article where the journal is also held physically by the library, in addition to the electronic services Primo VE will also display the physical holdings and item information and allow relevant patron requests.

4. Password reminder

We would like to have a "Forgotten your password?" button on the login page to get a reminder via e-mail, or a link to reset the password.

261 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to add ‘Forgot My Password’ or ‘Reset Password’ link is now supported for Primo customer on the new interface that are using Alma authentication profile.

Please refer to article “How to add a ‘Forgot My Password’ link to the login page in the new UI when using Alma for authentication”

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Knowledge_Articles/How_to_add_a_'Forgot_My_Password'_link_to_the_login_page_in_the_new_UI_when_using_Alma_for_authentication

For more information on Ex Libris Identity Service, you can refer to
    https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/user-management/authentication/exl_identity_service/

5. APA citation 7th edition

Currently, the Primo Action functionality allows for APA 6th citation style. In order to benefit students, we would like to include the APA (American Psychological Association) 7th edition as a possible citation style.

181 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Facet 'Other libraries' should be customizable like the other facets

Hi
    We're in a consortium, using Primo VE.

Our first two search scope slots are
    – IZ
    – NZ plus CDI

It is possible to show a facet 'Other libraries', which shows the libraries outside our own IZ.

But 'Other libraries' can't be customized like a normal facet:
    – it can't be displayed only in the search scope slot NZ/CDI without being displayed in the search scope slot IZ
    – it can't be separated from the facet Libraries and for example put last in the list of facets
    – it can't be collapsed if the facet Libraries is not collapsed

Showing…

173 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export to reference management systems

Export of Primo records through e-shelf to various reference management systems (like Endnote, RIS export) is limited to a maximum of 30 records. We'd like this maximum set to 500 or more.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a field ISSN and E-ISSN that are separated but can be matched for Dedup / F

For more efficient DEDUP of ejournal and print journal.
    The dedup test mach ISSN, but the ISSN of printed journal record is usually different from the e-ISSN of the electronic journal record, thus there is no match between two these numbers.

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Primo restrict resource type to just magazines

The librarians would like to limit searches to just magazines. This can be very helpful when teaching students about search capabilities. I understand this will require further differentiation in Primo Central; subdividing the articles document type to journal articles vs magazine articles and potentially trade journal articles. However, the subdivisions would be very helpful in providing more relevant search results for our patrons.

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Google Analytics Integration for the New Primo UI

The old Primo UI allowed administrators to insert Google Analytics tracking code into Primo, but the new UI does not. Since nearly every site on the internet allows for some type of web analytics tracking, this is a deficit in functionality for the new Primo UI.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Google Analytics in Primo VE

We would like to add GA to our new Primo VE instance, but received this message from support:
    "I have checked with our support team and also with documentation this is not possible. There is currently no supported way to embed Google Analytics code in Primo VE."

We would really like to see this functionality added. We have a Primo search box on our homepage, and most users do search directly from our homepage. Without GA in Primo, our homepage shows a very high bounce rate and we're unable to determine if that's because users are actually leaving or if…

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We'd like to clarify that Google Analytics can be embedded into Primo VE using the customization package.  We have seen examples from customers implementing it and posting on GitHub how this can be achieve.  

we had another idea  in the past which also refers to that https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/308176-primo/suggestions/33173506-allow-google-analytics-integration-for-the-new-pri and since Primo / Primo VE using same customization capabilities , it is supported. 

12. Show cited in and cited by in the browse results in new UI

In the new UI you need to look in the full results page to see cited in and cited by. Please add them back on the brief results page. As one of our researchers says "When researching a new subject one strategy is to look for articles that have a number of citations. This helps to find those articles that are cited a lot and so are especially significant within a domain and also allows a way to quickly expand reading to cover other relevant articles. Having the citations appear on the results list therefore helps to identify such articles…

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance license term labels experience in Primo VE

• Change English translation for a license term label

There is no possibility to change the English translation for a license term label once it is created even though other languages are configurable.

• Enclose license term label in a separate HTML tag in Primo VE so it can be styled with CSS

Right now in Primo VE, the license term label although it comes from distinct fields in Alma, is outputted together with the license term text in one HTML tag. We need to have the license term label in a separate HTML tag so it can be styled by CSS.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unimarc support for local resource type configuration (Primo VE)

The amelioration of local resource type configuration has been implemented on last april release concerning MARC21 fields, but we are using Unimarc, like other institutions in France, and we also would like to be able to create local resources type based on unimarc fields (including Leader). We would be grateful that you also implement these amelioration in unimarc as well !

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort loans in Primo, by due date

It would be really helpful if user were able to resort their loans in Primo, by due date. My use case is a user with significant number of loans - 100+ - who want to work out which loans need ot be returned and which one they can retain.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Run Blank Search with Limiters - Primo VE

I have been asked by one of our Directors if it is possible within Primo VE to conduct a blank search, limited by material type or some other limiter, and get the full result of what is in our collection. I have not been able to figure out if there is a way to do this. She said she came from an institution that had this capability (Alma - Classic Primo), but I am not sure if that functionality is available in Primo VE.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tagging a Pinned item - stop forcing the entire page to reload each time

Paraphrased omment from one of our patrons:
    - When I tag something I have pinned, the entire page has to refresh- which means it jumps all over as images come in etc and can take up to 5 seconds to fully load. Not all browsers act the same. Chrome gets me close to where I was while FireFox is a Magic 8 ball. One time I land back at the record I just tagged, the next, I am 6 records up the list. I'm working my way through my list trying to organize my articles for a lit review -…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add PMID search funcitionality

We're switching from Summon to Primo. There was PMID search functionality integrated with the Summon search (i.e. you did not have to default to a Citation Linker search to conduct a PMID article lookup). It would be extremely useful at our institution to include PMID lookup from the default Primo search scope rather than to try to educate our users to use Citation Linker when doing a searching using PMIDs. As mentioned, our users have already become accustomed to searching PMIDs in Summon, so it was a bit of a surprise that this functionality wasn't included in the default Primo…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Offer users option to login for more results

When system detects that users are not logged in, Primo should offer users the option to login to get all of the results to which they are entitled.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find records by record numbers

It would be nice to be able to search for records by a record number. Such numbers are usually noted in the 035 Fields. for example: an OCoLC number such as o3639596 or the institution number (CLSU)966634-01, or any other number that might be in the 035 that is useful.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1