RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Word Online or Google Docs inside of RefWorks

Integrate RefWorks with the online Writing Tools so that the user, me, share and collaborate my papers inside RefWorks - don't make me leave RefWorks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Admin Views of comments

Provide the Administrator with the ability to view comments made with documents to prevent malicious and harmful comments

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow successive folder assignments

After successfully adding select citations from a list of records to a 1st folder, allow the user to go through the list again to pick other citations to add to other folders. Currently the "apply" button doesn't show up again until you refresh the page.

My particular use case is systematic review screening. I go through a page of results selecting those I want to move to an "include" folder. Then I want to toggle the check boxes and add the others to an "exclude folder". I'd need to refresh the page to get the "apply" button back, loosing the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make the record count on the shared folders display the same record number to all users

Currently the record count only shows the number of citations added by that user on the shared folders. A shared folder shows "0" if I've added nothing, but might contain 50 items. It would be useful for all on a shared folder to see the same count.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for the coice of font and size of font in the settings. I have to change font and size each time I copy & paste.

Instead of having to change the font and size each time I import a reference, it would be helpful if we could set this within RefWorks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save to Refworks

Can't drag save to refworks to the favorites bar on microsoft edge and can't down load refworks to word anymore

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit author

Sometimes authors have to be entered in manually. This is especially the case when I import PDFs - RefWorks captures the wrong authors. However, it would be easier if we could rearrange the order of authors manually. Currently, if I accidentally delete the first author or skipped a third author, I can't go back and add these authors in their correct order. Instead, I have to re-type all the author names again in the correct order.

Please allow authors to be manually added and allow us to add authors in a specific order/ wherever we click in the author section.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customizable Log-in page for New RefWorks

In Legacy RefWorks, admin can customize log-in page. We want this function taken over to New RefWorks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow direct download of bibliography

Allow direct download of bibliography with the file type of choice like the old RefWorks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Citations need to be black

when copy the references from the bibliography, the references are "dark grey" instead of black. It makes it troublesome to go through all the references by hand, and highlight all the references and change it to black. This is because in some formats, it includes the URL, which should be in "blue". Therefore, it is quite annoying to do so, and quite honestly, defeats the purpose of having a reference manager.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create bibliography from folder (including subfolders)

If the option currently exists, I've been unable to find it. I have references for a project separated into folders (instead of tagging) under a root folder and would like to create a bibliography including all references within the folder and subfolders at once so they are in the correct order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Administrative reports to support migration from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks

Robust reporting is required to performance monitor the migration process from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks. As both legacy and new RW accounts can co-exist hence why currently it is impossible to determine whether RW account holders have migrated any References from legacy platform to new platform. A migration report should be setup which should determine if any references from the legacy platform to the new platform have been migrated against each account (any new or legacy RW account). Through this, we would be able to analyse which user has migrated the references. Currently, 'Active / inactive' report from the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to restrict users' email address update by admin.

Administrators of some institutions want the users not to update their email addresses by themselves.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Write-n-Cite

Dear RefWords gentlemen, I thank you for collaborating informing me how to speak the Write-n-Cite in the Microsoft word offcie 365 proplus.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Browser Extensions for Importing

Provide a browser add-on or extension which paints a button on database pages to easily download the citation, but also the full text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put in a duplicate/copy folder option

In order to show progression of research it would be much easier if you could make a copy of a folder and then continue processing this new copy to maintain a record

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base