RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Write-n-Cite

Apreciados señores RefWords, les agradezco me colaboren informandome como hablitar el Write-n-Cite en el word de Microsoft offcie 365 proplus.

Gracias por su respuesta

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Plagarism software integration

Integrate RefWorks with Plagarism software so that students do not accidentally plagarize.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. online news webpage not taken as per Harvard style

while importing references from online new websites, refworks do capture the references but does not cite the bibliography as per harvard style for webpages accessed online.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for the coice of font and size of font in the settings. I have to change font and size each time I copy & paste.

Instead of having to change the font and size each time I import a reference, it would be helpful if we could set this within RefWorks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Duplicate or copy a project

It would be great to be able to duplicate or make a copy of a project. That way, if you share it or make any changes, you can make a copy for sharing or editing and save the original project, which includes not just the records, but the folder structure, in case you make mistakes or need to go back to the original. Exporting the citations does not save the folder structure or save all the changes you've made specifically in RefWorks to a citation.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search should default to folder you are working in

If you are currently in a folder, perhaps the search function should default to searching the folder you are in, with an option to search your entire database of references.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quick Cite: Support footnotes

Quick Cite does not currently support notes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow direct download of bibliography

Allow direct download of bibliography with the file type of choice like the old RefWorks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mobile

A mobile interface or app would be really helpful to allow me to check references on the go. For example I might log into RefWorks in the library on my mobile to check for a book I previously used, as I imported the reference from my library website I know I can tap a link to take me direct to my library search result for that book and get the exact location.

Secondly it would be great if I could scan the barcode of a book on my mobile to quickly add it to my reference list.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add RSS feeds to folders

Provide a simple RSS feed of a folder for sharing of references without the attachments.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. designing my space

It woulb be great if I could design what colour the background have, I like orange and purple better than blue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow us to be able to access the old version of ref works through the new version

There may be references that we have not moved from the old version to the new one. We should be able to move from one version to the other on the same interface.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. List bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order.

Some of Japanese author guidelines requires authors to
    sort bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order. But current RefWorks can not respond to this requirement and it reduce the value of RefWorks.
    It might depend on the bibliography database provides, but I am glad if you consider to improve this limitation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put in a duplicate/copy folder option

In order to show progression of research it would be much easier if you could make a copy of a folder and then continue processing this new copy to maintain a record

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to add to the field "short title" to the bibliography, citations and footnotes

In the citation style editor I am not able to add the field "short title" to my bibliography, citations or footnotes. Only the reference type Generic contains the field short title.
    But for some citation styles it is required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Word Online or Google Docs inside of RefWorks

Integrate RefWorks with the online Writing Tools so that the user, me, share and collaborate my papers inside RefWorks - don't make me leave RefWorks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Admin Views of comments

Provide the Administrator with the ability to view comments made with documents to prevent malicious and harmful comments

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow successive folder assignments

After successfully adding select citations from a list of records to a 1st folder, allow the user to go through the list again to pick other citations to add to other folders. Currently the "apply" button doesn't show up again until you refresh the page.

My particular use case is systematic review screening. I go through a page of results selecting those I want to move to an "include" folder. Then I want to toggle the check boxes and add the others to an "exclude folder". I'd need to refresh the page to get the "apply" button back, loosing the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make the record count on the shared folders display the same record number to all users

Currently the record count only shows the number of citations added by that user on the shared folders. A shared folder shows "0" if I've added nothing, but might contain 50 items. It would be useful for all on a shared folder to see the same count.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base