RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Color

All text in Black. Hard to read titels. I wish there is a featrues through it I can control text colors. I can choose color for titels and color for tags and color for reference ... exct

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow people with whom folders are shared to move references from that folder into its subfolders

Users with the "Can Modify" permission on a shared folder should be able to move references from the main shared folder into its subfolders

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add WorldCat catalogues to Search Databases in RefWorks New

Our library uses a WorldCat catalogue. We would like our catalogue to be added to "Search Databases" in RefWorks New to enable searching our institutions catalogue from within RefWorks. This is not possible at the moment because RefWork needs Z39.50 and WorldCat uses SRU. So we would like SRU to be added to RefWorks or the possibility to use the WorldCat Search API.
    [case 00615984]

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize sidebar menu width

Is there a way to expand the width of the sidebar menu to accommodate for longer folder names? That way, we'd be able to quickly read the entire folder name without having to hover over the number of results.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to restrict users' email address update by admin.

Administrators of some institutions want the users not to update their email addresses by themselves.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Refworks plugin available in Overleaf (LaTeX editor)

A direct plugin to insert bibliography from Refworks in Overleaf (like it's possible with others reference managers as Mendely, Zotero...)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort by Date on Table View

We would like to sort references by data when we display RefWorks on table view.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to set sharing options on sub-folders like you do on folders

Add sharing function for individual & group for sub-folders. It would be useful to be able to set sharing options on a sub folder without the parent folder having to be shared out as well.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Suggestion about de-duplicate feature

After running the duplicate checker, items that result are check-marked by default. In my view, it would be better that none of them are check-marked by default. Then the user can check-mark just the ones they want to delete, without having first to deselect all the items.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow page numbers to be included in in-text citation for books in Google Doc AddOn

It is currently not possible to add a specific page number or page range to an in-text citation when citing pages from a book. It is very common to need to cite particular pages, rather than a full book, so I expect this feature would be widely welcomed and used. Thank you!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Citations need to be black

when copy the references from the bibliography, the references are "dark grey" instead of black. It makes it troublesome to go through all the references by hand, and highlight all the references and change it to black. This is because in some formats, it includes the URL, which should be in "blue". Therefore, it is quite annoying to do so, and quite honestly, defeats the purpose of having a reference manager.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Edit Tag Names

If a tag has a typo or I realize it needs more or less nuance, if would be nice to edit the names of tags instead of just creating a new tag. Creating replacement tags means redundancies or duplicates when I look at the list of tags. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable open URL link resolver buttons in shared folders opened by non-RefWorks users

Enable open URL link resolver buttons in shared folders opened by non-RefWorks users

I am my campus' RefWorks administrator and a reference librarian. We use RefShare in legacy RefWorks to send search results to our patrons. Use of our search service nearly trebled during the three years after we licensed legacy RefWorks and we believe this is largely due to the presence of a "GetIt@UNMC" button in each record in our RefShare format search results. Many search service users became interested in using RefWorks after receiving search results in RefShare format. A "shared folder" feature without "GetIt@___" open url link…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Edit in-line citation output style

There are some ways to edit the in-line citations (ex: supress author, add suffix), but no way to edit the overall display format like there is for the bibliography format in the output styles. An example of how this is useful is when I want to cite multiple sources but have a semi-colon between references rather than a comma, since I am delineating specific page numbers and am already using a comma for that.

Additionally, it would be great to see a preview of both the in-line text and the bibliography in RefWorks for a given output style, rather than…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [New RefWorks] 나만의 출력스타일(Citation style) 공유하기 기능 추가해주세요 - Request for my custom citation styles share feature

Legacy 기존버전에서는 출력스타일/인용스타일을 백업 기능을 이용해서 다른 이용자와 공유할 수 있었습니다. 그런데 New RefWorks에서는 그 기능이 없어 불편합니다. 이용자끼리 '나만의 출력스타일'을 공유할 수 있도록 기능 추가해주세요.

The users can share the custom citation style by using back-up and restore function in Legacy, but New RefWorks is not. It was very useful feature. I want to share my custom style with my colleague not publish to the institutional style in public.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Add RSS feeds to folders

Provide a simple RSS feed of a folder for sharing of references without the attachments.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make the record count on the shared folders display the same record number to all users

Currently the record count only shows the number of citations added by that user on the shared folders. A shared folder shows "0" if I've added nothing, but might contain 50 items. It would be useful for all on a shared folder to see the same count.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ignore punctuation in bibliography

The ordering of titles surrounded by inverted commas is separate to those titles that do not have inverted commas, in a bibliography.
    Is it possible to ignore the inverted commas so that all titles are listed alphabetically, regardless of punctuation?

I have tried ediing the 'title' field in the Bibliography settings but I don't see any option to ignore punctuation here.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Folder

Importing a citation from an external source, the site asks what folder. Can you put a create folder ability on the window? The window 'pull' down that lists my current folder/location. It would be helpful to have the ability to create a new folder there. Right now, you have to go out of the import window, etc.

Also, importing citations, the same window asking for the location. When you select a check box, the window doesn't auto close (which it should). To close your selection, you must mouse click out on the page. Then the window closes, but doesn't show…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Save to RefWorks Design Improvements

For the love of all that is holy, please create an option to minimize the 'Save to RefWorks' pop-up window when you're trying to input a reference. When Save to RefWorks can't manage to input most of the information itself (85% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), you have to manually input, but the giant RefWorks window blocks half of the article information that you need to input from view

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base