RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

How can we improve RefWorks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. don't automatically add a bibliography!

I use google docs to write my papers and find it really annoying that RefWorks automatically adds a bibliography entry when I'm adding a reference. Footnotes are included in my institution's word count, but the bibliography is not, so when the bib is automatically added it disrupts my word count and makes it harder to quickly see where I'm up to. Is there any way I can turn this feature off and then just install the bibliography when I've finished the paper? thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Improve print/electronic differentiation in imported book references

The default setting for book imports is for electronic books and it is, in my experience, not apparent to users until an inaccurate bibliography is created.

Perhaps you could:
    A) Change the default from electronic to print
    B) Bring the 'this is an electronic resource' tick-box to the top of the screen when a user imports a book record.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bibliografías organizadas por tipo de material

Será muy intersante que Rewforks permitiese hacer bibliografías organizadas por tipo de material: monografías, artículos, tesis, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bibliografías organizadas por tipo de material

Será muy intersante que Rewforks permitiese hacer bibliografías organizadas por tipo de material: monografías, artículos, tesis, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. online news webpage not taken as per Harvard style

while importing references from online new websites, refworks do capture the references but does not cite the bibliography as per harvard style for webpages accessed online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 'Create a new account' when linking to New RefWorks for the first time from a search tool (Google Scholar, Primo etc)?

From Google Scholar, Primo etc, when you click on the RefWorks link next to each search record, it takes you to the following page:

https://refworks.proquest.com/combined-export/?groupcode=RWMiddlesexU&detoken=XBLgJo9sJFPnYg1wJ%5B44

If you then select to export to the New Refworks, you are taken to the following page:

https://refworks.proquest.com/login/

However, this is problematic, as it does not offer the opportunity to 'Create a new Account'.

We think that users should be directed to the following URL instead: https://refworks.proquest.com/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. can you make it as an add-in for powerpoint?

make refworks compatible with Powerpoint so that works cited can be incorporated into the presentation

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. try to generate a performance: function FIND ( phrases, words, collors, field codes...)

The idea is to find all you need by using an pertinent function FIND which works with all formats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Tags

It is essential that RefWorks export "tag" metadata in its various export formats. I have been using RefWorks for years but am discontinuing my use of your product until tag data is exportable. Tag metadata is some of the most valuable data in the library of citations that I have amassed over the past four years, and because it is not currently exportable, it feels as if ProQuest is holding my data hostage. Exportable metadata is not merely a perk to be added to your service; it is a MAJOR structural flaw that needs to be addressed.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem with deleting records

I'm trying to delete some items from RW but can't do so. The delete option is greyed out.
    In other cases it's not.
    Have not heard back with a solution to this yet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Cut and paste references in google docs

It would be great if it was possible to cut and paste in google docs without the references in the text you cut out disappears, or aren’t recognized as references when they are pasted into the text again.
    They don’t do this immediately but when you update the document or change your citation style.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to set sharing options on sub-folders like you do on folders

Add sharing function for individual & group for sub-folders. It would be useful to be able to set sharing options on a sub folder without the parent folder having to be shared out as well.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do responsive the Refworks site

Currently the user interface and login site are hard to handle trough mobile devices.

I suggest a user interface auto adaptable to device screen (responsive)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Administrative reports to support migration from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks

Robust reporting is required to performance monitor the migration process from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks. As both legacy and new RW accounts can co-exist hence why currently it is impossible to determine whether RW account holders have migrated any References from legacy platform to new platform. A migration report should be setup which should determine if any references from the legacy platform to the new platform have been migrated against each account (any new or legacy RW account). Through this, we would be able to analyse which user has migrated the references. Currently, 'Active / inactive' report from the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow direct download of bibliography

Allow direct download of bibliography with the file type of choice like the old RefWorks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add WorldCat catalogues to Search Databases in RefWorks New

Our library uses a WorldCat catalogue. We would like our catalogue to be added to "Search Databases" in RefWorks New to enable searching our institutions catalogue from within RefWorks. This is not possible at the moment because RefWork needs Z39.50 and WorldCat uses SRU. So we would like SRU to be added to RefWorks or the possibility to use the WorldCat Search API.
    [case 00615984]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add WorldCat catalogues to Search Databases in RefWorks New

Our library uses a WorldCat catalogue. We would like our catalogue to be added to "Search Databases" in RefWorks New to enable searching our institutions catalogue from within RefWorks. This is not possible at the moment because RefWork needs Z39.50 and WorldCat uses SRU. So we would like SRU to be added to RefWorks or the possibility to use the WorldCat Search API.
    [case 00615984]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Labels and comments

Anything in RefWorks is working properly during the last weeks. I am affraid that some relevant research information is missed. This would have to be inconceivable in a tool like this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show all fields included in a resource type on the edit screen

Currently RefWorks only shows certain fields when you edit references, it would be better if it showed all fields for that type of resource that are defined in the style

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deduplication of sub-folders, or between folders

I would like to be able to de-duplicate sub-folders, for example where each sub-folder contains the results from a database search for a systematic review.

Alternatively, a user should be able to choose to de-duplicate any two or more folders in refworks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base