How can we improve RefWorks?

Provide administrator the ability to make and edit "Role" and "Institution" options.

Currently, administrator can not make and edit options for "Role" and "Institutions" which is selected when user create their accounts. This makes it inconvenient for administrator to manage their user and usage stats.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We are taking a look at this idea, and would appreciate clarifications as to whether you would like to:
1. Change the selection made by the user to another already available selection
2. Add selection options (i.e. add new roles)
Thank you.

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

My priority would be option 2, as currently the selection options are very out of date for our institution and use American terminology which confuses some of our students. We would need to be able to remove or edit selection options as well so we can replace outdated roles. But option 1 would be helpful for cleaning up current data.

• Jana Machonska commented  · 

Hello, I think both, administrator should have the possibility to add new roles and institutions which will be displayed when the user creates his/her account. And administrator also should be able to change the selection made by the user.
    But the option 2. Add selection options, is a priority from my point of view.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is necessary for administrators to change the options available to RefWorks users describing their school/college/department/role affiliations when they create new accounts. The names of departments and majors change or cease to exist, and RefWorks should be able to adapt to these new realities.

• Katherine Greene commented  · 

Upon Registration, add back the ability for new users to choose the department or campus they are affiliated with.

Feedback and Knowledge Base