How can we improve RefWorks?

Save to Refworks button is not functional

The save to refworks button for chrome is not functional. About 90% of the time when I try to use it and input all the information, the loading bar goes and goes (Uploading 1 of 1.......) and eventually after about a minute it says it was unable to import anything (We're sorry, we were unable to save to RefWorks. We tried, but came up empty.) So frustrating. As said before, this service is great, but quite a few basic functionalities are from from actually functioning properly. These need to be fixed. A quick import button is a huge draw of people using this, I imagine when it doesn't work, people will seek services through someone else, which is where I am headed if things don't get improved. Seriously, please fix this.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian commented  · 

Same here

• carol commented  · 

I have this same experience while using Chrome and Firefox.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes this is completely frustrating. If you are suggesting the same issue I have been having using the "save to refworks" function. It seems to not work...which is entirely aggravating and frustrating. There are so many wonderful things about this resource, I can't believe I haven't found it until now, but so many basic functions are not working. I cannot search by DOI number either because "service is unavailable". Come on!

• Adam Edwards commented  · 

Reported as a fault and still an issue at many unis. Waiting for this to be fixed.

• Stephen McCarty commented  · 

During importing Refworks locks up with a spinning wheel.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It imports nothing and just says "error" in the title. Would be nice to not have to always cut and paste directly from the website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base