RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import filter for ICTRP (clinical trials database)

Please could you provide an import filter for .xml files of references which can be exported from the ICTRP database:
    http://www.who.int/ictrp/en/
    It's free to use so it should be possible for you to obtain an .xml file with the tagged references on which to base an import filter. Clinical trials databases are searched a lot in health.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Make your buttons work

It would be really nice if your importing function actually worked instead of have buttons that do nothing. I have tried to import from a .ris file in every possible why and there is no result. Also, your "Email Us" button doesn't do anything. Also, you create folder button didn't work until the third time, at which point it created 3 folders. This is a software used by universities around the globe and you have these types of issues. Please do better.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Delete not working in chrome

The delete function when using Chrome usually does not work

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Explicar como se debe utilizar la opcion duplicados

No consigo eliminar correctamente los duplicados
    Un saludo
    Muchas gracias

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Scrolling within the folder list causes dialogue box to open at wrong position

In the new Refworks, scrolling down on the list of folders and then clicking on the three dots causes a bug where the dialogue with the "Add subfolder...", "Rename", "Share folder", "Find Duplicates" and "Delete" options ends up at a position far below the actual cursor position (or where the folder is displayed on the list), and sometimes goes outside of the window, making it impossible to view without zooming out so much as to make most text ineligibly small. Conversely (/ similarly), sometimes clicking on a folder on the list ends up opening a folder that is displayed far…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is it possible to get the add in file for the reference citation manager to install it manually on systrem which didn't support the store?

Is it possible to get the add in file for the reference citation manager to install it manually on systems, which didn't support the store?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reference Style

Hello, can please add Havard Western Sydney University style?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix Dropbox link or make an app for READING offline

I am using many ebooks for my research projects, which I can't access without having internet and logging in through my institution's library (Reworks). I wish you would make RefWorks more offline user-friendly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the Legacy Refworks link on the interstitial page the same size as Regular Refworks.

Until recently the two RefWorks options have been the same size. Now the new Refworks is much larger (more obvious) than Legacy. We recommend Legacy more often than the new version because Legacy allows students to have many accounts (very useful for systematic reviews). By making the new version much larger, you are leading them to the one that is less useful for review projects.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since the overwhelming majority of users are on (new) RefWorks, many customer asked that we change this page. The equivalent of multiple accounts is Projects, which was released Dec. 2018. Project sharing was released in May 2019, and allows performing collaborative systematic reviews. You can read more about projects in the RefWorks monthly release notes: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Release_Notes/RefWorks_Release_Information and in the Working with Projects section of the RefWorks user guide: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Product_Documentation/RefWorks_User_Guide/0400_Managing_References#Working_with_Projects

11. Where in the heck is my RefWorks button or where do I find it now that it is installed? Where are my directions for using this?

Here is an idea! Tell me how to find the RefWorks in MS Word after I install it! Where the heck is it! Where is the guidance on how to use it in Word? Come on guys, have a real user help you with this - I was supposed to be happily on my way using this tool to crank out my annotated bibliographies but I am spending valuable time to try and find how to use it. Really!?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  12. How about making Write'n'Cite work?

It has stopped working. It sometimes appears to let me log on but no references are recognized.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Export RIS format from Cochrane Library without lacking of the field C3 and M3

The field of C3 and M3 is dropped out when we try to export citations by RIS format from Cochrane Library. Please improve it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Import from old RefWorks

Please improve your import tool from the old RefWorks platform, as it does not import all references as it is now. I've tried multiple times in the last two years. I'm not switching to your RW platform, and keep using the old one because of this: I'm not willing to lose valuable references in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Refworks is running very slowly

Refworks is running very slowly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  16. sorry after updating to current os for Mac citation manager has stopped recognising institutional login from within word. disappointing.

sorry after updating to current os for Mac citation manager has stopped recognising institutional login from within word. disappointing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It disabled my Zotero. Yet the Write n Cite disappeared so now I cannot cite anything. There is no help posted anywhere for this either.

Disabled my other ref manager. But won't load up- also installed a virus on my laptop (dx by a computer repair person). Now I am left with no way to cite anything. No help posted anywhere for this.Thanks RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I attempted to set up the synchronizing with RefWorks from ProQuest and now I cannot import citations at all.

I attempted to follow the instructions from a ProQuest database to synchronize My Research folders with RefWorks. I had an existing RefWorks account and followed the instructions from ProQuest. Now I cannot import citations from EBSCO EDS or ProQuest Databases.
    I am directed to the login screen. I login with my account, however, it will not import the citation. I have tried this with the Chrome, Firefox and Next browser.
    I would delete my RefWorks account and try again but the login is tied to my college email address so I can't use a different email address to try to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Problem with Create Bibliography

I'm using RefWorks. In the "All References" view I click on a checkbox to select a reference then when I click on "Create Bibliography" and go to choose a "Selected Style" no styles appear on the drop down. This functionality was working but just stopped working a few hours ago. Can it be fixed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can not download write n cite in word 2016?!!

i can not download write n cite on mac word2016? always asks for java to be installed although i have already installed java!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base