RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to print out abstracts to enable easy review of articles

Please allow me to print out my references, including the abstract so I can quickly sort out the main articles to use for citation after a large searching exercise

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to suggest that an upgrade be written so RefWorks can interface with Scrivener.

It would be very handy to be able to import citations into the Scrivener writing system, as opposed to just having access to Word, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To cite in Author(year) format, currently Refworks allows to hide the author in the default format (Author, year) and we need to write manu

To cite in Author(year) format, currently Refworks allows to hide the author in the default format (Author, year) and we need to write manually the author names outside the parenthesis.

This is error prone and time consuming.

Please bring in an option as a drop-down/tick box where "Author(year)" is also one choice. Endnote does this beautifully. See the attached illustration.

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. RCM Improve Search

Trying to locate the needed reference to cite in RCM is very difficult. Can't search within a specific folder. Can't search for more than one term or a phrase. If too many results are found no way to narrow further. Help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Realize folders and search function in Quick Cite

Quick Cite is only useful if the number of references in your account is limited, as it isn't possible to select a folder or search for a reference. Now the only possibility is to scroll through the whole list of all references. It would be a great improvement if you could select a folder and search for a particular reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

Include a copy prompt for your referenced quotes when you highlight them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HTTP prefix inserted to DOI

I'm very happy to hear that APA 7th was updated so that the correct prefix is now inserted to the doi code (see https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/909445/suggestions/39183304).

Now, please note that this should apply also for all other major styles! The doi has really become a standard and therefore, reference management software should definitely support the use of doi, and expressly by inserting the entire prefix https://doi.org/ as now recommended in the latest Crossref standard https://www.crossref.org/display-guidelines/

So please, perform the corresponding update also to other major output styles, such as Chicago, Harvard,Vanouver

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Remove Field Codes" in WnC is an invaluable function for faculty and grad students. Please add to RCM.

Publishers do not want RefWorks field codes in submitted manuscripts. WnC provides this valuable function, but faculty and graduate students, who because of their platform must use RCM, do not have this feature. I submit that RCM must have this capability for this population of users.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RCM: Add a "Recent" or "Frequently Used" option to help users easily retrieve references that have been recently/frequently used.

Add a "Recent" or "Frequently Used" option to RCM to help users easily retrieve references that have been recently/frequently used.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Specify when multiple shared first-authors or selectively modifying a given citation

Nowaday, there are more and more issues with sharing of first-authorship. In our field, it is recommended to cite all first-authors.

Here are two articles:
    1. Dohner K., Ramos-Nascimento A., Bialy D., Anderson F., Hickford-Martinez A., Rother F., Koithan T., Rudolph K., Buch A., Prank U., et al. Importin alpha1 is required for nuclear import of herpes simplex virus proteins and capsid assembly in fibroblasts and neurons. PLoS Pathog. 2018;14:e1006823. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1006823
    2. Schilling M, Bulli L, Weigang S, Graf L, Naumann S, Patzina C, Wagner V, Bauersfeld L, Goujon C, Hengel H, Halenius A, Ruzsics Z, Schaller T, Kochs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Menu for Language Setting on WnC

We can set the language by ourselves when we login to WnC with Legacy RefWorks account, but we cannot when we login to New version's account. Please add menu to set the language even when we login to WnC with New RefWorks accounts! This request is for users who also uses non-English languages in the world, but I think it is needed.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. exported list of references

On the old RefWorks, I could enter RefIDs manually on any word processor whatsoever. There's a description of how to do so, here: http://www.refworks.com/refworks2/Working_Offline.htm#Workingoffline

We should still be able to do this. It's particularly important, since I don't want to be online in order to write. In fact, there are a lot of people who use Freedom or analogous software to cut off the internet when they have writing to do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hide/Remove a System Folder

Unidentified folders which are not created/shared in an account are displayed on WNC.
    Uncreated/Unshared folders in an account are displayed on WNC. We've heard that they are system folders to sync WNC documents with RefWorks and we cannot hide or remove them at the present specification. Could you please meke it possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove ssl 3.0 from write-n-cite.

Remove SSL 3.0 as it is old, unsafe and no longer supported on many university workstations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. En el estilo de cita APA 6th edición

Apa 6th edition. Problem with capitals

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow multiple independent bibliographies

Add an option to start a second new bibliography within a single document. This would be ideal for writing chapters where each section needs a separate bibliography.

This would be very simple to add and would help with keeping formating consistent for other objects in documents like figures.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View all highlights

The single most important thing I found when writing my book, and what I do desperately need for my dissertation, is a single location that lists all of my highlights from the entire project. The workflow of reviewing the documents, highlighting key ideas, viewing all the highlights, organizing them into a cohesive framework, then building it into the final product is one of the most keenly efficient ways I've ever seen to write a scholarly work, and you're one step away from being the perfect resource for that.

Please.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "one line one cite" feature. Gives people ability to insert in-text citations in programs other than Word or Google Docs.

Our campus is using Microsoft Office 365. The "one line one cite" feature that was available in the Legacy version gives the option of being able to insert citations/create bibliographies in other writing software.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow direct download of bibliography

Allow direct download of bibliography with the file type of choice like the old RefWorks

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base