RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk edit for DOI field

Hello, would it be possible to Bulk edit also the field DOI? Especially records imported from PubMed include [doi] in this field which should not display in a bibliography.
    It would be very helpful if we could Replace [doi] with zero characters in all records at once.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Save to RefWorks Design Improvements

For the love of all that is holy, please create an option to minimize the 'Save to RefWorks' pop-up window when you're trying to input a reference. When Save to RefWorks can't manage to input most of the information itself (85% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), you have to manually input, but the giant RefWorks window blocks half of the article information that you need to input from view

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hyper linking citations

Add a function in write and cite that hyperlinks in-text citations to their entry in the bibliography.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  4. Arabic language option

For the language option menu that is in the top blue ribbon could you please include Arabic?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Setting or preference that allows my default to be APA since everything my University wants it APA. It saves a click, and format accidents.

Allow me to permanently select APA so I don’t accidentally mix or miss format from other citation styles. My school wants 100% APA, so I’d rather not have to select it each and every time. I’d like to minimize my time formatting, and maximize my time reading the content rather than worrying about the format of the bib/works sited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to be able to access the old version of ref works through the new version

There may be references that we have not moved from the old version to the new one. We should be able to move from one version to the other on the same interface.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. APA capitalization

I would love to see the automation of capitalizing proper nouns in APA. I believe that the only way to currently achieve this is to edit the citation after export.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. error al guardar un cambio la barra de usuario pregunta y lenguaje e institucion no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

error al guardar un cambio de una fuente, la barra de usuario ayuda (?) y lenguaje e institución no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Text Color

All text in Black. Hard to read titels. I wish there is a featrues through it I can control text colors. I can choose color for titels and color for tags and color for reference ... exct

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make RefWorks for Google Docs compatible with Open Athens (single sign on)

Please make RefWorks for Google Docs compatible with Single Sign such as OpenAthens. Our students don't want to use it since it requires an additional password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search should default to folder you are working in

If you are currently in a folder, perhaps the search function should default to searching the folder you are in, with an option to search your entire database of references.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Citation style names need context

Many citation styles have many different versions (author-date, in-text, footnote) and editions (6th, 7th, 8th). The names in the list make it hard to choose which one is best. Clearer names and more information about the style, including last updated date, perhaps in a "hover" style information box, would help users. It would also be nice to be able to search/browse a list of styles instead of only having an autocomplete search box to find citation styles.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Accents

we can not use the accents in Spanish on last names

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No menu bar above toolbar

The blue menu bar doesn't reduce with the window, resulting in the account and language tab float over the toolbar. It prevents the user to access some tools when using RefWorks alongside other programs, with reduced windows side by side

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. alternate titles confusing in record editing view

My concern is that the record editing interface (for Book Section) confuses the 'Book alternate title' and the 'Book section title'

Please see attachment #1: there, it is logical that the alternate title for the Book (Edited Collection) appears below the original Book title.

However, as attachment #2 shows, when editing a ‘Book Section’ record, the Alternate Title field appearing below the (book section) Title is confusing, since that field will hold the book alternate title.

What I'm suggesting here is that in a Book section record, the field should be called 'Book alternate title' and appear below Book Title.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to restructure folders more easily

Currently, folder structure is set once created and cannot be modified without recreating and deleting folders. It would be great to be able to click and drag folders so that if we decided to make one folder into a subfolder, or make a subfolder into a main folder, we could click and drag it in/ out without having to create a new folder structure, move/ reassign all the references over, and then delete the previous folder structure.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize sidebar menu width

Is there a way to expand the width of the sidebar menu to accommodate for longer folder names? That way, we'd be able to quickly read the entire folder name without having to hover over the number of results.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Refworks lite

Refworks lite simplified interface aimed at highs school students Years 7 to 10 with simplified lead through and limited citation choices

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base