Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Interface Display Label

Have the ability to configure the Display Interface Display Logic label to display if an item is loanable, library use only, etc based on the patron who logins in or a guest viewer.

Currently by default the labels will show 'loanable' in the Display Interface Display Logic configuration. It's only possible to configure the label for all guests.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Primo VE: Return to classic Primo method of allowing you to jump through attached holdings

In the old Primo interface, there are buttons for jumping through the holdings attached to a record (see the attached image from UCONN's catalog). In Primo VE, all you can do is click on "show more items" to expand the list to include about 15 more items (see the image from the UC Hastings catalog). If you want to see the latest item received and there are a number of records, you have to click on "show more items" many, many times to get to the end of the list. It would be great if Primo VE could go back…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show loans/fines as a pop-up when signing in to Primo (New UI)

We think it would be useful to show users their current loans (especially overdues) and any fines in a small pop up window whenever they sign in to Primo, rather than waiting for them to go to My Account specifically.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Second sort in facets

Currently, Primo shows the items in the facets (e.g. the subjects facet) either sorted alphabetically or by the number of items.
    However, it seems to order the items randomly when the number of items is identical for several different subject heading in the facet.
    It would be beneficial to be able to configure a secondary sort option for these items (for example when using a multilingual subject heading system - to present the same subject in both language one after the other).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add a check box feature in the "Refine my Results" lists on the left column in each facet

The value of the faceted search is that it leads the searcher quickly and efficiently to the desired result. The checkbox facet type lets users select multiple values.
    We would like to add a check box feature in the "Refine my Results" lists on the left column in each facet, as is already being done in the "More options" links therein. The reason for this request is that in our opinion, the user will notice from the beginning this option exists in the facet, and it will facilitate his search. Some users don't click "More options", and thus they will…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link to record from list of requests in myAccount

There should be a link to the record from the to the list of requests in myAccount. At the moment there ist only a link to the details of the request (screenshot attached), and a user is forced to search the title again.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offer phone view to low-end devices

On mid-tier devices, such as a low-end laptop or a Surface Pro, Primo is very slow to respond, and quickly pegs the CPU doing trivial tasks such as simply scrolling the page. After doing some benchmarking on an Android phone, we discovered that some of the performance issues can be mitigated by rendering the phone view. I request that the more efficient phone view be available to lower-end devices.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. cursor location after clearing search box

Choosing "new search" puts the cursor in the search box. But when I click on the small x to clear the search terms, I would like the cursor to return to the search box.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Save query" for zero results

Add the "Save query" option to zero-results pages (similar to how it already appears on results pages) for when you want to be notified of expected future results. For example, you might want an alert for a recently published article not yet in PCI, or an emerging topic that nothing has yet been written about.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adding reset button to the volume filter in the GetIt tab

The filter in the GetIt tab allows users to filter the display of the volumes by year, volume or description.
    It would be helpful to add a reset button that will reset the values chosen and display all values available.
    Currently, in order to reset the values in the fields chosen the patron must click on the arrow for the drop-down menu of each field (year, volume, description) and choose the value ALL

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Truncation within parenthesis

We would like Primo to work with searching with truncation even within parenthesis, like this:

"soccer injur*"

would return for example:

soccer injury
    soccer injuries

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adjust number of results Collection Discovery

Collection Discovery pages are great but loading 10 at a time is not enough. Would like to see adjustable results dial similar to what was recently released in Alma. Perhaps even up to 100 results on a page would be sufficient.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My Account - Previous and Historic Loans

For privacy reasons, many libraries disable the tracking of historic loans.

But when a client is signed into Primo, has items on their account, and goes to the Loans page of My Account, there is a drop-down with an option to choose to display either "active loans" or "previous and historic loans". It is redundant to have that second option there, since we have disabled it. There should be a way in Primo Back Office to hide that.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tagging a Pinned item - stop forcing the entire page to reload each time

Paraphrased omment from one of our patrons:
    - When I tag something I have pinned, the entire page has to refresh- which means it jumps all over as images come in etc and can take up to 5 seconds to fully load. Not all browsers act the same. Chrome gets me close to where I was while FireFox is a Magic 8 ball. One time I land back at the record I just tagged, the next, I am 6 records up the list. I'm working my way through my list trying to organize my articles for a lit review -…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow customization of "Show source records" feature

Since february 2017 relase, it is possible to display MARC record in UI, using "Show source records" feature. As this feature was very much in demand with our users and librarians, we are very pleased.

Unfortunately, the feature's look and feel doesn't live up to our expectations. In the attach file, you can compare the display our users are used to and the actual display of "Show source record". It lacks of clarity.

It would be great to be able to customize this feature's display in order to adapt it to our users needs and to preserve the consistency of…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Return all hits for a language in advanced search

In advanced search when refining to language you only get a result if you have a search statement. It should be possible to get all records in a certain languge, both from pipes and Primo central, if you refine to a certain language in advanced search. As it works in Libris advanced search: http://libris.kb.se/form_extended.jsp?f=ext

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Harmonise the default resource type icons with Leganto's icons

Since we have both Primo and Leganto, our customers should have a consistent experience with resource type icons between the two interfaces. We have no choice but to use the OOTB icons in Leganto, a set of default Primo icons that harmonises with them would be appreciated. It may be that the size/canvas transparency may vary between them, but in essentials they should look the same where types are equivalent. With CDI we understand there will be additional resource types - this is a good opportunity to bring the two interfaces into a closer alignment for user experience.

PS: Alma…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add 245 subfield c to Primo display

Please add the 245 subfield c to the display in Primo. It does display in Alma. In the example below, you are not able to determine the author/creator's responsibility for the work - Author vs. forward vs. photographer.

https://cmog.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991302983504126&context=L&vid=01CORNINGINST:01CORNINGINST&search_scope=MyInstitution&tab=LibraryCatalog&lang=en

We would love to have more granularity in general for what fields/subfields display in Primo for our specific institution.

Thank you!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow libraries at primary Alma campus to be prioritized in Primo displays

Currently on an item brief display, when multiple holdings exist, the availability statement shows whichever holding library comes first alphabetically, and on the results pages the Libraries facet lists libraries in alphabetical order. This alpha setup is problematic for multi-college / multi-library institutions that use per-campus Primo views. If the campus holds the item, its holding, not another campus that comes first alphabetically, should display in the availability statement. In addition, the Libraries facet should either prioritize the primary campus, or be sorted in order of number of hits (as most facets are) rather than alphabetically.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base