RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve and fix RefWorks Projects

Make 'Untitled Project' clearer. Also please fix a bug where after creating a new Project, a message appears each time a reference is imported asking which project is should be saved to, even after the project is deleted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Write-n-cite integration for chromebook

Have better integration of refworks with chromebook especially with MS Word /Google Docs standalone apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Log in to refworks.proquest.com in Write-N-Cite using authorization code

The Write-N-Cite Word plugin contains "Use authorization code" as login method. It is only possible to generate this code in the old refworks.com, not the new refworks.proquest.com.

It should be possible to:
    a) either generate the authorization code in refworks.proquest.com
    b) or log in to Write-N-Cite using the password generated in refworks.proquest.com for the new add-in (RefWorks Citation Manager for Word 2016).

The rationale for this is to support a way to pair the Write-N-Cite plugin with the refworks.proquest.com account using a way other than username/password (need to remember separate password) and other than Shibboleth (displaying a web view in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to wha

I'd like to be able to archive the infrequently used folders. So that the list does not occupy so much. it would be something similar to what we do in outlock "archived folders".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea will be considered for future development.
    As of the June release, alphabetical sorting of folders is supported; you can add Z or ZZ to the start of these folders’ names and sort alphabetically so that they will be at the bottom of the list.

6. Enable generation and addition of an Open URL link to a custom citation style

We would like to be able to generate and add an open URL link to a custom citation style. In Legacy RefWorks, you are able to build a custom style with an Open URL but this is not possible in the new RefWorks because fields can not be defined in two different ways within the same style. We would like to use these URLs with our link resolver information when we are sending result sets to our patrons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to export folder information with a reference.

I would like to be able to see in which folder(s) a certain citation is once i have exported it for example to a .csv file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [New RefWorks] 나만의 출력스타일(Citation style) 공유하기 기능 추가해주세요 - Request for my custom citation styles share feature

Legacy 기존버전에서는 출력스타일/인용스타일을 백업 기능을 이용해서 다른 이용자와 공유할 수 있었습니다. 그런데 New RefWorks에서는 그 기능이 없어 불편합니다. 이용자끼리 '나만의 출력스타일'을 공유할 수 있도록 기능 추가해주세요.

The users can share the custom citation style by using back-up and restore function in Legacy, but New RefWorks is not. It was very useful feature. I want to share my custom style with my colleague not publish to the institutional style in public.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back access code so people w/o RefWorks account can edit

We are happy that public sharing is now available! Except that the option to send an access code so that people without a RefWorks account can edit/make modifications seems to no longer be available. This is something that we used frequently for committee members who don't work here and don't have an account, but still need to collaborate on a document. Please bring back the access code option!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for the coice of font and size of font in the settings. I have to change font and size each time I copy & paste.

Instead of having to change the font and size each time I import a reference, it would be helpful if we could set this within RefWorks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Replace interstitial page with login page that directs users to Legacy or New depending on credentials

The interstitial page confuses our students because if they are new to RefWorks, they have no idea which option to choose. If you could replace the interstitial page with a log in page - that includes the option to create an account (this would go to New RefWorks) - everyone would be so much happier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. public URL: output style and search function

Sharing folders publicly I'm missing the option to choose between different (customized) output styles as well as a search function. This was available in the old version.
    For exernal users without refworks accounts the publications lists are not very comfortable to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search option for document in google doc tool by Ref ID

In word tool as well as in google doc tool if I want to cite the reference using Ref ID search (which is good new idea) but not able to do it. So not useful due to this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase compatability for screen reader software by adding support for Read Aloud by LSDSoftware

While support exists for a few other screen readers, it would be very helpful for users with specialized access needs for the RefWorks read an uploaded PDF feature to be compatible with the Read Aloud browser plugin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. RefWorks style을 학회 사이트에서 직접 다운받을 수 있도록 해주세요

많은 저널에서 제공하는 저자 투고정보에서는 EndNote 투고스타일을 제공하고 있고 심지어는 Elsevier 에 소속된 저널에서는 Mendeley까지 제공하고 있습니다. RefWorks 스타일은 사서가 일일이 만들어 제공해야 하는데 매우 불편하고 시간이 소요되고 있습니다. 이를 해결할 방법은 있는지요? 계속 이렇게 사서가 만들어 제공해야 한다면 지금까지 사용을 유도하기 위하여 힘든 기간을 거쳐왔지만 스타일이 제공되는 다른 Tool을 안내해야 하는 것이 아닌가 하는 생각이 많아지고 있습니다. 이를 해결해주시기 바랍니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search function for uploaded pdf files

When pdf files are uploaded to RefWorks (attached to a reference in a folder) they load as an image when you 'read' them. Unfortunately this means you can't search for keywords within the document itself, which is different to being able to search within a normal pdf file (using the Ctrl+F function). It would be very useful if this search function was enabled in the RefWorks software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Citation Style Editor: customize fields more

In an output-style the field Publish year (date) is listed twice in one reference type. Behind the Short title and behind Place of Publication. The first time it is mentioned, it should end with a parenthesis. The second time not. But it is not possible to define different settings. I think it should be possible to differ. My suggestion is: It should be possible to choose a field, make a copy and give it a new name, for example "Publication date with parenthesis". Then I can edit the field independent from the other field "Publication date".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base