Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Saved Records Print out in Brief Display

A second print option should be added so that saved records can be printed as a list, with the same brief display elements in the Pinned record display (title, author, citation). The current print option include the entire record (notes, abstracts, ToC etc.) and if one is part of a consortium, all the holdings in the other member libraries.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ability to Run Blank Search with Limiters - Primo VE

I have been asked by one of our Directors if it is possible within Primo VE to conduct a blank search, limited by material type or some other limiter, and get the full result of what is in our collection. I have not been able to figure out if there is a way to do this. She said she came from an institution that had this capability (Alma - Classic Primo), but I am not sure if that functionality is available in Primo VE.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Second sort in facets

Currently, Primo shows the items in the facets (e.g. the subjects facet) either sorted alphabetically or by the number of items.
    However, it seems to order the items randomly when the number of items is identical for several different subject heading in the facet.
    It would be beneficial to be able to configure a secondary sort option for these items (for example when using a multilingual subject heading system - to present the same subject in both language one after the other).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Truncation within parenthesis

We would like Primo to work with searching with truncation even within parenthesis, like this:

"soccer injur*"

would return for example:

soccer injury
    soccer injuries

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tagging a Pinned item - stop forcing the entire page to reload each time

Paraphrased omment from one of our patrons:
    - When I tag something I have pinned, the entire page has to refresh- which means it jumps all over as images come in etc and can take up to 5 seconds to fully load. Not all browsers act the same. Chrome gets me close to where I was while FireFox is a Magic 8 ball. One time I land back at the record I just tagged, the next, I am 6 records up the list. I'm working my way through my list trying to organize my articles for a lit review -…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort by library in the Location facet when library name is configured to display

When the option to display the library name in the Location facet is configured, we would like the Location facet to be sorted alphabetically by library.

Currently, the facet list is sorted by location, which means that results for the same library are scattered among the list. For a user it would make more sense to have all the locations from the same library listed together.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Harmonise the default resource type icons with Leganto's icons

Since we have both Primo and Leganto, our customers should have a consistent experience with resource type icons between the two interfaces. We have no choice but to use the OOTB icons in Leganto, a set of default Primo icons that harmonises with them would be appreciated. It may be that the size/canvas transparency may vary between them, but in essentials they should look the same where types are equivalent. With CDI we understand there will be additional resource types - this is a good opportunity to bring the two interfaces into a closer alignment for user experience.

PS: Alma…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the result list look ok when printed by adding a print stylesheet

Yes, sometimes you actually want to make a print copy of the result list :) But if you try that (with the new UI), the result is a complete mess. I just tried printing a result with 5 results, expecting them to fit into one page. Instead I got three pages, and two of the results disappeared altogether.

To make the result list look ok when printed, we need a print stylesheet. Of course every Primo customer can spend hours trying to make their own, but it would be much better if Primo could ship with a default stylesheet that…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow customization of "Show source records" feature

Since february 2017 relase, it is possible to display MARC record in UI, using "Show source records" feature. As this feature was very much in demand with our users and librarians, we are very pleased.

Unfortunately, the feature's look and feel doesn't live up to our expectations. In the attach file, you can compare the display our users are used to and the actual display of "Show source record". It lacks of clarity.

It would be great to be able to customize this feature's display in order to adapt it to our users needs and to preserve the consistency of…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could the blank resource sharing request form check the Alma link resolver before a user submits the request

We have configured the blank resource sharing request form into our Primo menu. Before submitting a request on this form it would be useful if the request was check against our institutional collection using the Alma link resolver (similar to what happens with the Citation linker).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Return all hits for a language in advanced search

In advanced search when refining to language you only get a result if you have a search statement. It should be possible to get all records in a certain languge, both from pipes and Primo central, if you refine to a certain language in advanced search. As it works in Libris advanced search: http://libris.kb.se/form_extended.jsp?f=ext

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Citation generator is inaccurate

The citation in the existing and new UI for books is not valid MLA or APA.

The PNX information that populates the citations is stored in a hidden mapping table that cannot be edited. For example, I can see that series information for a book comes from addata/seriestitle. Primo will use the entirety of the field in the citation. For this particular record, this is the content of that section:

Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter Ser. ; 2.

Likewise, book titles come from addata/btitle. For this record, this is the entirety of the section:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extend hypertext linking for Relation, Is Part Of, and Uniform Title to remote records

Enhanced hypertext linking for ispartof, relation, and unititle was introduced in the November 2017 Primo Release. These new fields joined existing hypertext linked fields for creator, contributor, and subject.
    However, a key difference for the three newer fields is that they only show lateral links in the UI for local records. This limitation is hardcoded, and is confirmed but not explained (Case: 00486499).
    Like many sites, we have configured our Primo environment without search scopes with a source-agnostic design, with the underlying premise that users do not care who owns an item or where the record comes from, only that…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to choose how many results to see

With a lot of online retail sites, users are able to choose how many search hits they see per page.

Would this be a helpful addition to Primo?

After all, since the new UI was introduced, the subject of infinite-scrolling vs paging has been contentious amongst Ex Libris customers. It has already led to the addition of the 'Next Page' widget.

Allowing users to choose how many hits they would like to see might take a lot of the debate from us, and put the decision directly into the hands of the end user.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print and email options in Primo do not contain important holding data from Alma iframe

See this example:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/1aQ3ev3zphx

In the example above the important holding information of 2016 latest edition only is not present in the info emailed or printed if the user selections either of those options in Primo

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Resource recommender

Currently there isn’t any option to order resources other than alphabetically for the resource recommender.

We have control over the order that the ‘Types’ of resources display by (e.g. Databases, People, Websites …), but as all of our resources are databases, we are limited to the default sort.

Would like more flexibility on this.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adoption of W3C Accessibility Guidelines

The WCAG 2.0 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines should be adopted in research and discoverability systems to allow to people with disability have autonomy and full access to available research possibilities.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Sort by Date to Favorites

Currently the sort options in the Favorites list are: Date added, Author, or Title.
    Our users would like to be able to sort by date-newest like they can for search results. Many users are interested in most recent material so date-newest is a valuable sort option for them.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display e-book-only call numbers

Please have Primo display call numbers for items that are only available in electronic format. For example, if we have an item only as an e-book, no call number displays and that also means that the Virtual Browse function doesn't work. Even though the call number for an e-book might seem irrelevant, it's actually very useful in determining the focus of a book (e.g., a book about politics with a BF call number tells us it's looking at the topic from a psychological perspective). Thanks for considering.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base