Facet "language" not working
The facet "language" in Primo is not working correctly. When I choose another language than german or english, e.g. italian, I got german or english titles whose authors have an italian background. This is not making any sense. Especially our chinese students expect titles in chinese when they use this facet. And as it is a global problem I think ExLibris has to find a solution. I checked with several Primo catalogues from other libraries:
http://primo.abdn.ac.uk:1701/primolibrary/libweb/action/search.do (they obviously deactivated the language facet already while it is not working)
In all libraries I checked there is the same problem that the language facet is not working correctly. So I hope that other libraries will vote for this enhancement request as it is a fatal error in the facets functionality. And I think we should not accept this failure.
Manu Schwendener commented
Rob Feenstra commented
I guess the problem is that Primo checks several code (sub)fields, like 041$b (abstract). It would be great if this subfield was excluded from the selection.