Pivot

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

How can we improve Pivot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer a flat file (spreadsheet/database) of our institution's profiles, for download.

I would love to be able to download spreadsheet of each of my institution's Pivot users' profiles I would then send them a survey that would ask for new keywords, recent publications, new areas of expertise, etc, and update the spreadsheet accordingly. (It would be made clear that responding to the survey would serve as consent to update respondents' Pivot profiles.) Then, I wonder if Pivot could use the data to automatically update profiles? If we not, we could do this in-house (again, with permission).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Exporting Funding Opportunities

Currently there is no method to export funding opportunities into a nicely formatted PDF or Word document. It would be very helpful to be able to export funding opps into these formats in order to share with a group of faculty in a meeting. An actual document to pass around the table for discussion and planning would be great.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Offer Administrators the Ability to Delete Accounts/Profiles

There are many duplicate accounts at my institution that were created in error by a researcher that did not know they had an account already. This leads to many login errors and general confusion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a step-by-step method for real time flow of publications from ORCID to Pivot

I have not been able to integrate the publications I have on ORCID with my Pivot publications. When I walked through the steps, I only received a URL link in my Pivot profile. What am I doing wrong? Can some supply a step by step, please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View a combined list of funding opportunities for a group of faculty

It would be helpful for an administrative view of all funding opportunities available for a group of faculty (e.g., those in a multidisciplinary center or institute). This would be helpful for research administrators to quickly review, curate, and disseminate relevant opportunities to the group.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include internal deadlines in Calendar view

The Calendar feature is great. Would be better if it included the internal deadlines we add as well as the agencies' deadlines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Partner with ORCid to provide a list of Faculty that have ORCid but don't have a registered pivot profile

Use the ORCid API to pull a list of faculty based on current affiliation and be able to send them a promotional email to alert them that we subscribed to Pivot

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add sponsor to the calendar view

The new calendar view is great. It would help to have the sponsor available in the detail view since so many titles are generic (e.g., "research grants"). I recognize the need to limit the amount of content in this view, but having the sponsor would go a long way toward improving the scan-ability of the calendar results.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email

Please send the email alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email. I've signed up for some alerts on topics of interest to our faculty (per their research interests on our web site) and would like to be able to forward them their relevant emails (if the opportunities look promising) instead of having to copy and paste info out of one uber-email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dismiss an opportunity

It would be great to be able to dismiss an opportunity and have it hidden from view for the future. For example, if I search for limited opportunities for my campus, I get many hits and most are irrelevant. If I search again a week later, I get them all again. I would like to be able to check a box on an opportunity that will hide it from me or delete it from my future searches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have private but sharable curated lists

I'd like to be able to save my own curated list that is not openly available to everyone who has access and allow to share with just key individuals. If I can pull some key information and create a list just of that topic, it would be helpful to me to share with collaborators.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Access Pivot from Cayuse. This would allow single sign on.

Currently we can access Cayuse from Pivot (if we find an opportunity in Pivot we can download it into Cayuse for submission) it would be nice if we could access Pivot from Cayuse, that way our family could use their single sign on and only have to manage one password instead of two.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. RSS feeds

Allow users to create RSS feeds for created searches that can be embedded in a user's website.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable user to change opportunity title

Currently it is not possible to change a funding opportunity title that you would like to track. CentraCare Health broadly funds grants pertaining to health in Minnesota, but the opportunity title is "Grant Program." In these cases, adding the funder name to the title (ex., CentraCare Health Grants Program) would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a search parameter for "Last edited" date or "New" listings

Each listing in Pivot has a "Last edited" date but there isn't any way to search on this date. Alert results give a breakout for "Recently added in the last 7 days" but that is the only option. Searching by posted date would be useful to know what is new overall not just for a specific search.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow admin users to edit organizational profile hierarchy

Many organizations, especially universities, have a constantly changing organization structure. It would be nice if organizational admin users could have the ability to update the hierarchy structure including, adding new departments, removing department that no longer exist and reorganize existing departments.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow multiple administrators of newsletter

Allow for a newsletter to be accessed from multiple admin accounts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Usage Report Expansion

From my perspective as an admin, it would be helpful to see a report that contains the highest frequency searches by opportunity and type of opportunity (foundation, federal, etc.). Not necessarily linked to an account but this would be useful because we want to be able to separate what faculty are interested in from research administrator searches.”

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Tool to limit the access to Cos Pivot in Our Institution - Nueva opción para limitar el acceso a Cos Pivot

In our University we have the Cos Pivot platform, exclusive for the use of plant and administrative teachers in research, focus in the search of International Calls for which we pay an annual subscription, however, in the last months we noticed that anyone who has the domain of the emails of our institution can access the platform. We would like to have an option in which the administrator could select who may or not use the Cos Pivot platform.

En nuestra Universidad contamos con la plataforma Cos Pivot, exclusiva únicamente para el uso de los docentes de planta y administrativos…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base