RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlighting OCR'ed pdfs

Pdfs that are imported from subscription databases are able to be highlighted and notes created. However, pdfs from other sources, like scanned pdfs, smartphone created pdfs, and pdfs from the web, are not able to be highlighted and notes added. It would be nice if pdfs from any source, imported into RefWorks, can be highlighted and notes created in the document.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it work on tablets

It's currently almost impossible to use on tablets

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  3. Realize folders and search function in Quick Cite

Quick Cite is only useful if the number of references in your account is limited, as it isn't possible to select a folder or search for a reference. Now the only possibility is to scroll through the whole list of all references. It would be a great improvement if you could select a folder and search for a particular reference.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Link button in table view

Right now to view a source you have to click on the source, go to the sidebar that pops up, scroll down, and copy the URL text into the browser address bar. Putting a link to the source right in the table view for all your sources seems incredibly simple.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For institutions with multiple users create a syncing system

Allow institutions to create accounts on behalf of users via Google.
    Instead of having users create an account, admins simply provide users with the login and password for their account.
    Support integration into the Clever application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be helpful if we could hide certain fields for manual input of references. Either that or make the default forms simpler.

It would be helpful if we could hide certain fields for manual input of references. Many of the fields are not used on a regular basis. Could we have the option of moving fields to the "Add More Fields" button?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete pp. from article numbers

I just realised that RW puts pp. in front of an article number. As far as I know this is not correct.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create an output style with sub-citations (see style Angewandte Chemie International)

We need that Refworks support the sub-citation feature for the in-text citation and the reference list. There are many styles with this feature, Angewandte Chemie International... And a lot of science journals require this formatting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it works

There are many potential improvements related with notes, how to find words, etc. But I would be happy if, at least, the poor functionalities that it has, could work properly.
    After contacting support service months ago, problems remains the same or even worse.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Archival material

Would you please consider creating a reference type for "archival material?" I'm doing a fair amount of primary source research in archives and whatnot and it would be awesome to have an appropriate reference type in RW.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make DOI field available automatically for manual reference input

DOI field is the most important for manual reference input (journal). However it is not visible automatically and has to be added. However this has to be done each time which is very inconvenient with a large number of references. Can it be made automatically available on ref input screen or give option to select our choice of fields for this screen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Continue repeating citation suffix throughout text

The disambiguation system for multiple references from the same author, same year is to add a suffix (a, b, c, etc). However the suffix only appears the first time the reference is cited. This creates confusion when the references are cited multiple times in the text as it becomes impossible to know which references future citations refer to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow author disambiguation citation style changes

With multiple references from same author, same year, the citation currently uses full stops when adding the author's initials. I have citation style set up to not use full stops (just initials) but RCM defaults to full stops. Can custom citations styles please be accepted by RCM?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Built in pdf converter

When a reference isn't in pdf format, I have to convert it to a pdf, then use a third-party program to OCR the content, in order for the document to be able to be read and highlighted in RefWorks. It would be nice if RefWorks had a converter built in that recognizes many files types and converts them automatically to the format it will recognize. Some pdfs that we have OCR'ed are still not recognized by RefWorks. This is frustrating for faculty and students, and the librarians who wish to help them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Searching comments (sticky notes) in PDFs

Can you have a feature that would allow users to search their RefWorks database for comments (sticky notes) they have written on PDFs? Mendeley has this feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different sort orders with different reference types

The Cite Them Right 11th edition Harvard style should have films sorted in the reference list by director, not title. But this is not possible because different reference types cannot have different sort orders. Could that be changed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow me to print out abstracts to enable easy review of articles

Please allow me to print out my references, including the abstract so I can quickly sort out the main articles to use for citation after a large searching exercise

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it faster

For something that it paid for, my RefWorks is always moving REAL slow compared to other paid reference managers I've used (mainly EndNote). RefWorks seems to have trouble handling the 2,000+ references I've accumulated (and continue to accumulate) over my career.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base