RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. unable to catch press releases and no option to manually enter details about lectures.

Refworks should support entering press releases and lecture notes when entered manually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow searching by PMID in PubMed

It would be helpful to be able to search by PMID when searching PubMed through RefWorks (i.e. through the "search databases" button on the left side of the screen). Sometimes we are searching for specific articles and have the PMID so that would save us time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Combining citations when article was published in installments, in Chicago Style

When a journal article is published in installments, over the course of at least two issues, according to Chicago Style, it should appear this way:

Brown, George C., ed. “A Swedish Traveler in Early Wisconsin: The Observations of Fredrika Bremer.” Pts. 1 and 2. Wisconsin Magazine of History 61 (Summer 1978): 300–318; 62 (Autumn 1978): 41–56.

Mine turns out like this, even after I edited the “Edition” field so it could have the “Pts. 1 and 2” included:

McLaughlin, George. "Cincinnati Artists of the Munich School." Pts. 1 and 2. The American Art Review 2, no. 1, 2 (Nov., Dec.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Increase compatability for screen reader software by adding support for Read Aloud by LSDSoftware

While support exists for a few other screen readers, it would be very helpful for users with specialized access needs for the RefWorks read an uploaded PDF feature to be compatible with the Read Aloud browser plugin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. RCM Improve Search

Trying to locate the needed reference to cite in RCM is very difficult. Can't search within a specific folder. Can't search for more than one term or a phrase. If too many results are found no way to narrow further. Help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. exported list of references

On the old RefWorks, I could enter RefIDs manually on any word processor whatsoever. There's a description of how to do so, here: http://www.refworks.com/refworks2/Working_Offline.htm#Workingoffline

We should still be able to do this. It's particularly important, since I don't want to be online in order to write. In fact, there are a lot of people who use Freedom or analogous software to cut off the internet when they have writing to do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Complemento de word

En ocasiones cuando se trabaja con el complemento de word no funciona se deshabilita , como se puede mejorar esto que es muy desgastante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit record

is it possible to limit the import records from Libraries databases (like in the old release)?

it could be important to have limits of 20-50-100- 200 records per search.
    Thank You
    Giampiero, Università Cattolica di Milano

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep search terms while searching PubMed from within New RefWorks

In the Advanced search form, if a user types in a term then decides to change the search field, the text they type is erased. This leads to user frustration. I reported it to the Support Portal and go the reply that is by design not a bug. This would be a suggested improvement, if you would like to make suggestions for improving the product please add them to our forum at https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/909445-refworks . The suggestions made here are used by the management and development team to chart future product development.
    So here it is and thank you for considering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign custom sorting: chronologically, but in 17th ed. Chicago Style-Notes and Bib

While I want my entries to remain in Chicago Style, sometimes it is helpful to sort chronologically, but in more detail than RW currently allows which is only by year then author. I want to order the list more accurately: Year Ascending; Month Ascending; Day Ascending; Author; Title. I realize I can reorder the fields to begin with the full date, but then they are not in Chicago Style. How can I reorder the citations to be truly chronological (as I will have multiple dates within each year), without changing the Chicago Style order of each field?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hyper linking citations

Add a function in write and cite that hyperlinks in-text citations to their entry in the bibliography.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make <title-short> element in CSL styles searchable from bibliography function

Currently in CSL styles the <title-short> element metadata isn't searched from the Create Bibliography function. For example, searching for APA doesn't return American Psychological Association 7th edition (annotated bibliography) (CSL). Requesting that this be made a searchable element.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. RefWorks style을 학회 사이트에서 직접 다운받을 수 있도록 해주세요

많은 저널에서 제공하는 저자 투고정보에서는 EndNote 투고스타일을 제공하고 있고 심지어는 Elsevier 에 소속된 저널에서는 Mendeley까지 제공하고 있습니다. RefWorks 스타일은 사서가 일일이 만들어 제공해야 하는데 매우 불편하고 시간이 소요되고 있습니다. 이를 해결할 방법은 있는지요? 계속 이렇게 사서가 만들어 제공해야 한다면 지금까지 사용을 유도하기 위하여 힘든 기간을 거쳐왔지만 스타일이 제공되는 다른 Tool을 안내해야 하는 것이 아닌가 하는 생각이 많아지고 있습니다. 이를 해결해주시기 바랍니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding a URL/ DOI at the appropriate times, depending on the source

We tell students that when they access one of our databases and export to RefWorks, then they can treat the journal article as a print copy – i.e. they don’t need to put the URL or the date they accessed it – see 1st ref example. If they get an article from Google Scholar, then they need to add the URL and the date they accessed it – see 2nd ref example.

1. Axelsson, J. and Sörensen, J. (2013) The 2D hotelling filter - a quantitative noise-reducing principal-component filter for dynamic PET data, with applications in patient dose reduction, BMC Medical…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An localized icon image for OpenURLs (like Legacy RefWorks has)

Currently each citation in legacy RefWorks can be configured to include the institution's unique image in place of the OpenURL link. Not sure why this is not an option in New RefWorks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet

Please provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet, so that the user doesn't have to take lots of time to reconstruct them. They were provided in legacy RW.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Se demora en subir los archivos adjuntos de la referencia

Existen archivos que se quedan sin poder subir para luego visualizarlos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove ssl 3.0 from write-n-cite.

Remove SSL 3.0 as it is old, unsafe and no longer supported on many university workstations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. RefWorks creates reference review for doctoral papers so it is already formatted, so all I have to do is input the information

ReWorks creates the outline for a reference review. So I do not have to recreate the columns and titles for each category. So all I have to do is enter the information. RefWorks also puts in information in alphabetical or chronological order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base