Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

223 results found

1. Citation Style Editor: customize fields more

In an output-style the field Publish year (date) is listed twice in one reference type. Behind the Short title and behind Place of Publication. The first time it is mentioned, it should end with a parenthesis. The second time not. But it is not possible to define different settings. I think it should be possible to differ. My suggestion is: It should be possible to choose a field, make a copy and give it a new name, for example "Publication date with parenthesis". Then I can edit the field independent from the other field "Publication date".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Combining citations when article was published in installments, in Chicago Style

When a journal article is published in installments, over the course of at least two issues, according to Chicago Style, it should appear this way:

Brown, George C., ed. “A Swedish Traveler in Early Wisconsin: The Observations of Fredrika Bremer.” Pts. 1 and 2. Wisconsin Magazine of History 61 (Summer 1978): 300–318; 62 (Autumn 1978): 41–56.

Mine turns out like this, even after I edited the “Edition” field so it could have the “Pts. 1 and 2” included:

McLaughlin, George. "Cincinnati Artists of the Munich School." Pts. 1 and 2. The American Art Review 2, no. 1, 2 (Nov., Dec.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?

Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?
    Hence, when a user logs into their account - have the center display empty and have the use choose from the left column default options.
    When our users log in - sometimes they get confused as to what they are looking at in the center area that currenlty defaults to 'all documents'
    Would like to have the center blank and have use choose what they want to see..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Opción bases de datos

En la opción "Buscar en bases de datos" no consigo mi universidad

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View by Folder

When looking at all references there is not the option to organize (see) them by folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

7. Refworks lite

Refworks lite simplified interface aimed at highs school students Years 7 to 10 with simplified lead through and limited citation choices

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

8. Remove formating on import

Cut and pasted or imported html to be stripped before adding to RefWorks. This would separate the content from it's styling and allow the selected citation style to work correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Browser neutral logging in to RCM add-in

When you try to log in to the RCM add-in, you have to have Internet Explorer loaded on your machine. If you don't get you get an error message (but it doesn't tell you why). I'm not a developer, but I'd be very surprised if there weren't a way to make this call browser neutral, rather than specifying a particular browser! Windows 10 is NOT delivered with IE, it only comes with Edge. We have to tell our students to download a useless outdated browser, just so that they can log into RCM!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Labels and comments

Anything in RefWorks is working properly during the last weeks. I am affraid that some relevant research information is missed. This would have to be inconceivable in a tool like this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. try to generate a performance: function FIND ( phrases, words, collors, field codes...)

The idea is to find all you need by using an pertinent function FIND which works with all formats.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It disabled my Zotero. Yet the Write n Cite disappeared so now I cannot cite anything. There is no help posted anywhere for this either.

Disabled my other ref manager. But won't load up- also installed a virus on my laptop (dx by a computer repair person). Now I am left with no way to cite anything. No help posted anywhere for this.Thanks RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I attempted to set up the synchronizing with RefWorks from ProQuest and now I cannot import citations at all.

I attempted to follow the instructions from a ProQuest database to synchronize My Research folders with RefWorks. I had an existing RefWorks account and followed the instructions from ProQuest. Now I cannot import citations from EBSCO EDS or ProQuest Databases.
    I am directed to the login screen. I login with my account, however, it will not import the citation. I have tried this with the Chrome, Firefox and Next browser.
    I would delete my RefWorks account and try again but the login is tied to my college email address so I can't use a different email address to try to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. alternate titles confusing in record editing view

My concern is that the record editing interface (for Book Section) confuses the 'Book alternate title' and the 'Book section title'

Please see attachment #1: there, it is logical that the alternate title for the Book (Edited Collection) appears below the original Book title.

However, as attachment #2 shows, when editing a ‘Book Section’ record, the Alternate Title field appearing below the (book section) Title is confusing, since that field will hold the book alternate title.

What I'm suggesting here is that in a Book section record, the field should be called 'Book alternate title' and appear below Book Title.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

Have MLA 8th edition be the default - NOT 7th ed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the ability to add different reference types to an existing style

There are new forms of information all the time and students are referencing increasingly varied things in their assignment. It would be useful if we could add new reference types to our institutional referencing style to cover these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To request a new reference type to be added, please enter each as a new idea to allow other users to vote.

18. How about making Write'n'Cite work?

It has stopped working. It sometimes appears to let me log on but no references are recognized.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Invalid reference data listing

A tool to list all references which have invalid date / false language abbreviation etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. importing names with 'foreign characters' such as ä, ö, å to be imported correctly.

at the moment, when there is an import of a 'foreign character' in a person's name, the letters do not get saved corrected. It would be good to include the import without manual changes. Note, this does not happen all of the time, it does happen frequently though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base