RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotation feature

There doesn't appear to be a feature that allows users to rotate documents if they need to be viewed in landscape.

Additionally, the highlight feature is not always usable. It would be helpful if the highlight feature worked similar to how it does in Adobe Acrobat--if the document is scanned, the highlight feature works like a marker (you "draw" the highlighting on). If the doc is simply a converted file or from the internet, the highlight feature
    highlights word by word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. APA 6th no date and multiple same author no date

When there is no date entered for a reference, Refworks should automatically default to n.d. and when there are more than one publication in the same year with the same author RCM should cite as per APA, i.e. Surname, n.d.-a; Surname, n.d.-b.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. APA 6th punctuation in references

The references inserted into an APA paper using RCM should place two spaces after a period that ends each sentence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Complemento de word

En ocasiones cuando se trabaja con el complemento de word no funciona se deshabilita , como se puede mejorar esto que es muy desgastante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WNC "formatting document" glitch

When using WNC, it is possible to get a glitch, which causes MS Word to freeze to "formatting document" when adding or removing references into the text. This is most likely due to existing "broken" references in the text. I managed to fix this by completely removing the citation and parts of the text surrounding it. Removing only the visibly broken citation in the text and saving caused the problem to reoccur. Problem is discussed here:
    http://refworkscommunity.ning.com/forum/topics/formatting-document

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. APA 6th website with no author

The current method that RCM uses does not look like the APA 6th method, e.g. APA 6th e.g. "The Quick Brown Fox," 2019 RCM e.g. The quick brown fox.2019.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove ssl 3.0 from write-n-cite.

Remove SSL 3.0 as it is old, unsafe and no longer supported on many university workstations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RefWorks creates reference review for doctoral papers so it is already formatted, so all I have to do is input the information

ReWorks creates the outline for a reference review. So I do not have to recreate the columns and titles for each category. So all I have to do is enter the information. RefWorks also puts in information in alphabetical or chronological order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix discrepancy in handling of 'retrieved' date

In Edit record mode, 'Date retrieved' is a single uncontrolled text string. In Output Style editor, this data is split across two elements 'Retrieved (month/day)' and 'Retrieved (year)'. This means you risk ending up either with incomplete retrieved dates or with a repeat of the retrieval year in the citation output, depending on how the data is stored. Can these different data components by standardized, so that retrieval data is handled consistently?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Browser neutral logging in to RCM add-in

When you try to log in to the RCM add-in, you have to have Internet Explorer loaded on your machine. If you don't get you get an error message (but it doesn't tell you why). I'm not a developer, but I'd be very surprised if there weren't a way to make this call browser neutral, rather than specifying a particular browser! Windows 10 is NOT delivered with IE, it only comes with Edge. We have to tell our students to download a useless outdated browser, just so that they can log into RCM!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base