Pivot

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add sponsor to the calendar view

The new calendar view is great. It would help to have the sponsor available in the detail view since so many titles are generic (e.g., "research grants"). I recognize the need to limit the amount of content in this view, but having the sponsor would go a long way toward improving the scan-ability of the calendar results.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add CFDA numbers or other Grant identifiers to Export reports of tracked opportunities

When we export reports of tracked, active, or saved opportunities we would like to see the Excel spreadsheet include CFDA numbers or other Grant identifiers. We think this might help us match opportunities found in Pivot with what opportunities researchers have applied for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate papers invited with funding opportunities

If there's a seminar or congress abroad, it could be helpful a hyperlink to access those opportunities that match with travel funding, for example.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Explode Function default to Unchecked

Users at our institution are selecting specific narrow and broad keywords - not whole hierarchies of keywords. It would be nice if the explode box function did not automatically default to being checked as soon as a keyword is selected. It would also be helpful if there were some kind of description warning users what that Explode function does.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include internal deadlines in Calendar view

The Calendar feature is great. Would be better if it included the internal deadlines we add as well as the agencies' deadlines.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow a global message for Limited Submissions

Allow for a message with a specific note on how Limited Submissions are handled. This would be applied only to opportunities which are tagged as Limited. Currently we manually edit each opportunity which we track internally for our Limited Submissions.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the capability to save searches from paper invited

Add the option to save papers invited search results in similarity to pivot funding search save.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Publications full text linking

Full text linking in Publications (in one's profile) currently only works if there's an abstract.

And, one then has to click on a magnifying glass, scroll to the bottom of the abstract, and then click on a link to full text.

Could we make this an easier process, with fewer clicks, such that full text linking is directly under the title information itself, and does not rely on an abstract? Thanks for considering!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search just in title and abstract

It would be excellent to specify just those two fields in some searches instead of only being able to use one or else all fields at the same time. A perfect example is searching funding for minority serving institutions. Some opps only put it in the title, some only in the abstract, some both. But if I choose "all" in the search, then the generic eligibility in fed opps that mentions MSIs but doesn't specifically target them will flood the results with mismatches.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offer training to Admins on how to create/use Usage and Activity reports

It would be useful to have training on how to use the Pivot Usage and Activity Stats reports. For example: what does Pageview mean, and how is that different from a Session? Also, how can we best report changes in usage, to help justify our Pivot subscription and the training we offer our faculty? Finally, is there a way to demonstrate/illustrate an increase in new user accounts and new profiles claimed?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically remove "Expired" listings from curated lists.

Currently the only way for an expired listing to be removed from a curated list is for an Admin to sort through the list, find all that have expired, and manually "delete" them. If an opportunity expires and is removed from Pivot it should also automatically be removed from a curated list, or at least an admin should have the option to turn on automatic deletion if desired.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Publications

For Publications, you currently take information from ONLY ORCID, however Computer Science faculty, they use https://dblp.uni-trier.de/, it would be great if you can add this as default.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new interface for faculty

Opportunity identification is one thing. Engagement is another altogether. Anytime admins are mediating the use of data, by definition, engagement is reduced. Some features are great, like "groups". However, these are managed by admins. Pivot needs to be released to grow in the wild as a social media platform. For instance, a LinkedIn style platform for community development - with the same ways of growing ones network, seeing feeds (including funding program information, like a "jobs" feed),etc for ideation, project development and opportunity identification could be very robust. Furthermore, the more serious funding opportunities require teams and the best team…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Advisor Alert - allow admins to deactivate

We have created very specific funding opps newsletter for faculty. It is clunky for the recipient to receive the custom newsletter AND the Advisor Alert. I suggest that admins have the right to adjust this preference on behalf of the faculty member.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. daily alerts

I would love to be able to choose to receive my funding alerts on a daily basis rather than a weekly basis. Sometimes the turnaround time for deadlines is so short that a week away is valuable time lost. Thanks! Hilda

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto hyperlinks to URL for More Information within Excel Sheets

I've recently been exporting selections from my curated lists to Excel sheets. However, the "URL for More Information" field does not immediately work for me or for other administrators who have "tested" it. We have to juggle between clicking on the opportunity Sponsor column and the More Information column to finally get it to somehow hypelink. It's frustrating and time consuming to say the least. Can this be scheduled as an enhancement for users?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove limitations on number of records that can be downloaded per day

After laboriously selecting a large number of records one page at a time, I got an error message that I could not download more than 600 records in a day. Pivot Support responded: ". As noted you can't export more than 600 records per day. The limit is there because this system is designed for funding management not harvesting."
    My system is to download all opportunities from a search result into an Excel spreadsheet because it is much easier to sort through them. Also, I can append the results from a future repeated search, sort by opportunity number, match the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Link to Idea Exchange in Pivot

I had a very hard time finding this Idea Exchange page for Pivot. I suggest displaying a link somewhere in the Pivot Contact Us page. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base