Skip to content

Pivot-RP

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot-RP by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Add Limited Subm. subcategories (in Adv Search) or tags specifying Institutional Limit or PI Limit

Please add Limited Submission subcategories (in Advanced Search) or additional tags specifying "Institutional Limit" or "PI Limit". Many research institutions specifically need to separate opportunities based on this distinction and the current method is very labor-intensive. For clarity, institutional limit refers to language like "no more than # proposals per institution" and PI limit refers to language like "PI may submit no more than #".

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already supported based on our editorial remit. Our editors are defining and tagging items as limited submission only based on organizational limits, ie. “no more than # proposals per institution”

If you are seeing items limited by PI limit these would be flagged in error and should be reported via the feedback link on the opp.
    Please reach out directly if you have additional thoughts or feedback.

2. Adding a publication to one's profile

When adding a publication to one's profile, if one could enter only the DOI number, the rest of the publication data should auto-populate. This would make the process much easier and faster for users.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Belmont Forum opportunities to Pivot

Belmont Forum has funding opportunities that would be great to include in Pivot. They have current opportunities and have been putting out opportunities since 2012. Check them out here: https://www.belmontforum.org/cras/.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do cover this funder, but they currently do not seem to have any open calls for 2020. The two that they did have for this year are now closed and these tend to be non-recurring so they get archived after they close.

This is an actively tracked funder in Pivot-RP and we will add opps as they become available.

4. Search just in title and abstract

It would be excellent to specify just those two fields in some searches instead of only being able to use one or else all fields at the same time. A perfect example is searching funding for minority serving institutions. Some opps only put it in the title, some only in the abstract, some both. But if I choose "all" in the search, then the generic eligibility in fed opps that mentions MSIs but doesn't specifically target them will flood the results with mismatches.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should already be supported from the advanced search form.

Select “match any of the fields” as the search option and then choose the fields you want to search. (see screenshot)

Please reach out directly by reply or reach out to Support if this does not meet your needs.

5. Offer training to Admins on how to create/use Usage and Activity reports

It would be useful to have training on how to use the Pivot Usage and Activity Stats reports. For example: what does Pageview mean, and how is that different from a Session? Also, how can we best report changes in usage, to help justify our Pivot subscription and the training we offer our faculty? Finally, is there a way to demonstrate/illustrate an increase in new user accounts and new profiles claimed?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide a step-by-step method for real time flow of publications from ORCID to Pivot

I have not been able to integrate the publications I have on ORCID with my Pivot publications. When I walked through the steps, I only received a URL link in my Pivot profile. What am I doing wrong? Can some supply a step by step, please?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link to Idea Exchange in Pivot

I had a very hard time finding this Idea Exchange page for Pivot. I suggest displaying a link somewhere in the Pivot Contact Us page. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search

Allow users to choose whether they are searching for exact match or contains. So I could say that I want to search for people with the name Boe and it either return only exact matches or any name that contains boe.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix poor implementation of the "OR" feature in Advanced search.

Using OR in advanced search doesn't allow the user to OR search terms, but AND the advanced search features. eg I want a search that does this:
    ((restoration OR wetlands) AND sponsortype:(nonusgovernment) AND (hostlocation:(United States OR Unrestricted OR Unspecified) AND hostlocationchild:(United States))).

It would be great too/alternatively, if I can build my own complex search such as the one above, and just paste it into your search box.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choosing to see new results for the week or to see all results for curated searches

In saved searches, you can choose to see new results for the week or to see all results. However, you can’t do the same for curated searches (so that people viewing the public curated searches can choose to either see new opportunities or all opportunities). It would be great to have a way to do this for curated searches!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is supported with workarounds. Curated Searches now display a “view as search” button in the upper right. After clicking “view as search” the user can then toggle between all results or new results for just the week. Users can also use facets for narrowing results or can refine results or save the search for themselves.

11. Make it easier for admins to make group subsets for different targeted funding searches

At this time, if an Pivot Admin wants to make a group to send a targeted search or weekly newsletters, for example, they have to add email addresses one by one; this is impractical for setting up groups of >30 people for multiple departments, internal research groups, etc. The proposed solution is to create a workflow to display an institution's organization tree. Then allow an admin to select nodes of the org tree. For all accounts linked to a profile of selected org nodes, add account to a target group. Note: this would not include accounts that are not linked…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is partially supported with some different workarounds. Pivot-RP enables you to create a group using an independently maintained group email alias (for example: chemistry_dept@university.edu) if you are regularly sending emails to large groups. You can also create groups by bulk uploading email address from a spreadsheet. When creating a new group, copy and past a column of email address in where it says add new members. If Pivot-RP can link the email address to an existing user account, it will do so and display the user’s name. If it can’t link the account, only the user’s email address will be displayed.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base