Skip to content

Pivot-RP

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot-RP by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. Customize Newsletter Times

Right now, newsletters can only be scheduled to go out in AM / PM. This is confusing because the system doesn't specify what time AM and PM is. It would be great if the system could allow people to schedule newsletters to go out at specific times (e.g. 10 AM),or at least specify what times AM and PM are (e.g. is AM is 9 AM, PM is 12 PM, etc). It would also be great, though this is less of an issue, if people were able to send newsletters on the day of creating them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The on-screen instructions around timing will be clarified with our December release to specify when newsletters are sent in EST/GMT time zones. Newsletters are sent in batches twice daily depending on the time/date selected by the admin.

2. Improved email alerts with Limited Submission label

Current email alerts for tracked opportunities (both for updates and for upcoming deadlines) do not specify if the opportunity is a limited submission or an internally coordinated opportunity. One must click on the link of the opportunity and open Pivot page to see if it is LS. We use the upcoming deadline email alerts as a way to know it is time to add our own internal deadline to the opp, and it is extremely inefficient to not be able to quickly see which opps are LS, and which are not from within the email message itself.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add "Sort by Relevance" as an option for an embedded search

I think it would be a good idea to have the embedded search appear exactly the same as a saved search so the "Sort by Relevance" option should be implemented

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve phrase searching

When using quotes, include all terms, including stop words. For example, currently team and research are stop words, making a search for “team science” or “collaborative research” impossible.

Funding Type: Collaboration or Cooperative Agreement is a good start for this particular topic, but it’s not sensitive enough for our needs. For example, it misses Collaborative Sciences Award (Opp ID 169472), which is tagged only with funding type:Research.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 button access to a proxied, persistent URL for Pivot searches that all users (not just admin) can create and share

Easily obtain (through 1 click or 1 button) a proxied, persistent/stable URL for a Pivot search that can be shared with others at our institution who sign in via IP authentication. We are looking for an option to share Pivot searches that does NOT require Admin privileges, does NOT require specifying the email addresses of the folks with whom the search will be shared with, and also does NOT require users to create a separate Pivot account to create/share their searches (although they will need to sign in through our university). It is also very important that the provided permalink…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include "Sponsor Type" information in what can be exported in funding results.

Include "Sponsor Type" information in what can be exported in funding results. We can search by sponsor type but not see what types of sponsors are showing up in the results.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need NIH NOSIs included in Pivot

Please find a way to include NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs). These are becoming more and more critical because NIH is phasing out Program Announcements and replacing them with NOSIs. Major funding announcements are not being picked up by Pivot. For example, this urgent NOSI related to the coronavirus: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-AI-20-030.html. Researchers will get very annoyed if these are not included in Pivot and will have to go directly to NIH to set up separate email alerts. It makes it more difficult for me to market Pivot to encourage them to use it if it’s not picking up these…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow a global message for Limited Submissions

Allow for a message with a specific note on how Limited Submissions are handled. This would be applied only to opportunities which are tagged as Limited. Currently we manually edit each opportunity which we track internally for our Limited Submissions.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tracked opportunity deadline reminder

For tracked and set to active alerts, I would like to be able to set the deadline reminder to 4 months before the deadline. Currently you can only set the deadline reminder up to 3 months before the deadline. Limited competitions that require the institution to hold an internal selection process require more than 3 months to conduct the internal selection process and then submit a well thought through complete proposal,

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bi-weekly (twice monthly) newsletter option

Currently there is only a weekly or monthly option for a newsletter. Weekly may bee too frequent for some faculty while monthly could cause an opportunity to slip through the cracks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Curated Search: edit after published

Once a curated search has been published, Pivot does not allow it to be edited (title or search criteria). It can be unpublished and deleted, but that will affect the html link that appears on our website, or the bookmarks of users. I would like to make changes without disturbing the web-link for these searches.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add sponsor name to shared opportunity

The email that goes out when we share an opportunity has the title of the funding program only. I suggest you include the sponsor name as well.
    For example, I recently shared an opportunity from a large company that was called "University Research Awards". If the name of the company was included, researchers would have a clearer idea of what the opportunity was about. In this case, many assumed it was an internal competition.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was resolved with our last release. When sharing a single opportunity you should see funder/sponsor names in addition to the opportunity title.

If you are sharing a batch of opportunities, you will see a link to view all opportunities in Pivot-RP. We don’t list out all the opportunities in the email body.

14. Automatically remove "Expired" listings from curated lists.

Currently the only way for an expired listing to be removed from a curated list is for an Admin to sort through the list, find all that have expired, and manually "delete" them. If an opportunity expires and is removed from Pivot it should also automatically be removed from a curated list, or at least an admin should have the option to turn on automatic deletion if desired.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customize Newsletter Logo

I'd like to be able to customize the logo in the Newsletter function. Idea 1: I'd like to use a college logo (vs. the university logo) at the top of the newsletter. Idea 2: I'd like to have two logos on the newsletter, for example, the university logo AND the logo for the Research Development Office.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow administrators to share permissions with other administrators to add to their already existing curated lists.

Please allow administrators to share permissions with other administrators to add to their already existing curated lists. I work with a team of three and each of us are administrators who would like to not only curate our own lists, but have permissions to let other administrators add to or make changes to these lists when necessary. I understand that others that are "users" can see curated lists with no editing rights, but we really want to be able to have other administrators add to our curated lists so this is a "team effort" in curating the best lists for…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split Citizenship/Residency into two separate Criteria

For the sake of our many international faculty and students, Citizenship and Residency should be two separate criteria so that Non-Us Citizens do not have to weed through those opps that are tagged as US even though they allow nonUS citizens to apply.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter opps by anticipated or confirmed

In funding searches, allow us to include or exclude opportunities based on Pivot's "confirmed" or "anticipated" deadline categorization.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Offer Administrators the Ability to Delete Accounts/Profiles

There are many duplicate accounts at my institution that were created in error by a researcher that did not know they had an account already. This leads to many login errors and general confusion.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dismiss an opportunity

It would be great to be able to dismiss an opportunity and have it hidden from view for the future. For example, if I search for limited opportunities for my campus, I get many hits and most are irrelevant. If I search again a week later, I get them all again. I would like to be able to check a box on an opportunity that will hide it from me or delete it from my future searches.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?