Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Problem: RefWorks in Word (64-bit) does not communicate with my RefWorks folders.

Hello,

When I open Word, RefWorks Write-N-Cite-tool reports the following (see screenshot). When I try to add citation in Word, none of my folders is shown. In the RefWorks website, however, everything is normal. What should I do?

Thank You!
    - Lasse

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Built in pdf converter

When a reference isn't in pdf format, I have to convert it to a pdf, then use a third-party program to OCR the content, in order for the document to be able to be read and highlighted in RefWorks. It would be nice if RefWorks had a converter built in that recognizes many files types and converts them automatically to the format it will recognize. Some pdfs that we have OCR'ed are still not recognized by RefWorks. This is frustrating for faculty and students, and the librarians who wish to help them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Journal Name shown as Null

I have recently faced a problem when I imported multiple references and at the end when I made the bibliography, some of the references were showing journal name as NULL, while on doi link the journal name was OK. I had to write 5 journal names by myself out of total 32 references. Do not know what went wrong though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It disabled my Zotero. Yet the Write n Cite disappeared so now I cannot cite anything. There is no help posted anywhere for this either.

Disabled my other ref manager. But won't load up- also installed a virus on my laptop (dx by a computer repair person). Now I am left with no way to cite anything. No help posted anywhere for this.Thanks RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I attempted to set up the synchronizing with RefWorks from ProQuest and now I cannot import citations at all.

I attempted to follow the instructions from a ProQuest database to synchronize My Research folders with RefWorks. I had an existing RefWorks account and followed the instructions from ProQuest. Now I cannot import citations from EBSCO EDS or ProQuest Databases.
    I am directed to the login screen. I login with my account, however, it will not import the citation. I have tried this with the Chrome, Firefox and Next browser.
    I would delete my RefWorks account and try again but the login is tied to my college email address so I can't use a different email address to try to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. save to Refworks

I'm an UNED user (my institution does not appear at the login) but I can login with my uned email and in your settings it recognises me as UNED user. The problem comes when I try to "save to Refworks" . Appears the login validation on the right and it doesn't recognises me as an user. So I cannot save the web page, having to do it manually. Mac OS catalina 10.15. Safari 13.1.1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve Import from old RefWorks

Please improve your import tool from the old RefWorks platform, as it does not import all references as it is now. I've tried multiple times in the last two years. I'm not switching to your RW platform, and keep using the old one because of this: I'm not willing to lose valuable references in the process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. importing to Refworks easy

After the latest update on refworks, i have to click on import twice. Firstly, i have to click on import when importing from database and then i have to select a folder and then i have to click on import. I preferred to import my references to not in folder section as i work on one project at a time. And later i transferred all the references to one folder. Kindly give an option, where if the references is imported, it goes directly into not in folder. Unless user specifically clicks on a folder and then clicks on import. It…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Today after live came on line

The procedure for adding a PDF upload from the computer to the system is no longer working. Also, while in the system (Refworks) clicking on a PDF file to slide over to the system has two possible outcomes. First, the references are for a different journal, book, etc. or that to will not stick and save to Refworks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm not a reference builder app - you figure it out.

I don't know how to fix it - that's your job. However, I'm Frustrated that it's a download from GCU but it only works correctly about 60% of the time and I'm not including PDFs in this which, of course, are not supported. I'm about to go back to using a different citation generator. If I wanted to repeatedly build my own citations, I wouldn't need RefWorks, right?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the ability to add different reference types to an existing style

There are new forms of information all the time and students are referencing increasingly varied things in their assignment. It would be useful if we could add new reference types to our institutional referencing style to cover these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

To request a new reference type to be added, please enter each as a new idea to allow other users to vote.

16. importing names with 'foreign characters' such as ä, ö, å to be imported correctly.

at the moment, when there is an import of a 'foreign character' in a person's name, the letters do not get saved corrected. It would be good to include the import without manual changes. Note, this does not happen all of the time, it does happen frequently though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide automatic doi insertion in new Refworks

In the new Proquest Refworks the doi can only be inserted manually. In the legacy version this was uploaded automatically when importing references.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How about actually uploading the right attachment? And populating the right citation information. I was up until 2am sorting out your mess!

When importing refereneces somehow, I have ended up with completely random refereneces in my list and then missing some important ones. I was up until 2am last night trying to sort out your mess but it is an impossible task when the link doesnt work/has not been populated. And all the citation information seems completely random, like I have ended up with someone elses's reference ! I will be writing a personal letter of thanks if I fail my assignment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base