Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. importing to Refworks easy

After the latest update on refworks, i have to click on import twice. Firstly, i have to click on import when importing from database and then i have to select a folder and then i have to click on import. I preferred to import my references to not in folder section as i work on one project at a time. And later i transferred all the references to one folder. Kindly give an option, where if the references is imported, it goes directly into not in folder. Unless user specifically clicks on a folder and then clicks on import. It…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Today after live came on line

The procedure for adding a PDF upload from the computer to the system is no longer working. Also, while in the system (Refworks) clicking on a PDF file to slide over to the system has two possible outcomes. First, the references are for a different journal, book, etc. or that to will not stick and save to Refworks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix bug when importing references and choosing destination folder

There seems to be a bug in the new feature that allows you to choose a destination folder when importing a new reference. The first time I use it, it works well and I can choose from the drop-down menu. The second time (and every time after that), when I click the drop-down menu, none of my folders show up. I have to click through and import it, then assign a folder after the fact. Very frustrating because it works the first time!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm not a reference builder app - you figure it out.

I don't know how to fix it - that's your job. However, I'm Frustrated that it's a download from GCU but it only works correctly about 60% of the time and I'm not including PDFs in this which, of course, are not supported. I'm about to go back to using a different citation generator. If I wanted to repeatedly build my own citations, I wouldn't need RefWorks, right?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. La bibliografia

La bibliografia al final me sale en ingles el recuperado, ademas del titulo de las referencias también en ingles

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Limit record

is it possible to limit the import records from Libraries databases (like in the old release)?

it could be important to have limits of 20-50-100- 200 records per search.
    Thank You
    Giampiero, Università Cattolica di Milano

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

8. Provide automatic doi insertion in new Refworks

In the new Proquest Refworks the doi can only be inserted manually. In the legacy version this was uploaded automatically when importing references.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Articles uploaded in Dropbox to automatically download in Refworks

Before finding out about Refworks, I had all of my articles saved in Dropbox under Dissertation Articles. I transferred them all to the new RefWorks folder in my Dropbox but I don't see them uploading into my Refworks project. I have a Chromebook so I can't click and drag the articles in there. There were over 100 articles in there. It will take me a while to transfer them myself.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about actually uploading the right attachment? And populating the right citation information. I was up until 2am sorting out your mess!

When importing refereneces somehow, I have ended up with completely random refereneces in my list and then missing some important ones. I was up until 2am last night trying to sort out your mess but it is an impossible task when the link doesnt work/has not been populated. And all the citation information seems completely random, like I have ended up with someone elses's reference ! I will be writing a personal letter of thanks if I fail my assignment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

12. Improve Import from old RefWorks

Please improve your import tool from the old RefWorks platform, as it does not import all references as it is now. I've tried multiple times in the last two years. I'm not switching to your RW platform, and keep using the old one because of this: I'm not willing to lose valuable references in the process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. importing names with 'foreign characters' such as ä, ö, å to be imported correctly.

at the moment, when there is an import of a 'foreign character' in a person's name, the letters do not get saved corrected. It would be good to include the import without manual changes. Note, this does not happen all of the time, it does happen frequently though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. can you make it as an add-in for powerpoint?

make refworks compatible with Powerpoint so that works cited can be incorporated into the presentation

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

15. Speed up the refresh

March 23, 2019. Refresh is agonizing slow, database is practically useless in this condition. Will not import an APA reference from from Google Scholar. You need to fix this.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export RIS format from Cochrane Library without lacking of the field C3 and M3

The field of C3 and M3 is dropped out when we try to export citations by RIS format from Cochrane Library. Please improve it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import filter for ICTRP (clinical trials database)

Please could you provide an import filter for .xml files of references which can be exported from the ICTRP database:
    http://www.who.int/ictrp/en/
    It's free to use so it should be possible for you to obtain an .xml file with the tagged references on which to base an import filter. Clinical trials databases are searched a lot in health.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide the ability to add different reference types to an existing style

There are new forms of information all the time and students are referencing increasingly varied things in their assignment. It would be useful if we could add new reference types to our institutional referencing style to cover these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To request a new reference type to be added, please enter each as a new idea to allow other users to vote.

19. It disabled my Zotero. Yet the Write n Cite disappeared so now I cannot cite anything. There is no help posted anywhere for this either.

Disabled my other ref manager. But won't load up- also installed a virus on my laptop (dx by a computer repair person). Now I am left with no way to cite anything. No help posted anywhere for this.Thanks RefWorks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I attempted to set up the synchronizing with RefWorks from ProQuest and now I cannot import citations at all.

I attempted to follow the instructions from a ProQuest database to synchronize My Research folders with RefWorks. I had an existing RefWorks account and followed the instructions from ProQuest. Now I cannot import citations from EBSCO EDS or ProQuest Databases.
    I am directed to the login screen. I login with my account, however, it will not import the citation. I have tried this with the Chrome, Firefox and Next browser.
    I would delete my RefWorks account and try again but the login is tied to my college email address so I can't use a different email address to try to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base