Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Aleph patron setting - "force change password at the first login" in Primo (Privacy and security of personal data)

Aleph doesn't have a Parameter or a flag on the patron record to "force the Password change at the first Login". This is a security Problem, related GDPR and privacy of personal data. Users must be force to change their Password at the first Login. Please consider implementing this Feature in Aleph.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. See Attachments from Alma in Primo

Users should be able to see, in a clear format, their attachments that are sent out in Alma. This would be helpful because we could attach policy specific things to their accounts and they'd have a record of what notices were sent out to them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. They appear as "renewable" items that really aren't

In Primo, they appear as "renewable" copies really are not because they already have the maximum number of renovations. Why not say directly "not renewable"?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keyboard shortcuts for Primo

I can find documentation on keyboard shortcuts available in Alma, but nothing for Primo. It would be great if this functionality could be made available and documented.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Publisher an Indexable Field that Can be Searched or Scoped in Primo

Many of our users like to search by publisher to find new materials or a particular edition--it would be helpful if that field could at least be picked up by keyword search.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add RIS export to AngularJS Primo UI

Reference management options in the new Primo UI seem limited to RefWorks, EndNote, and EasyBib. I'd like an "Export RIS" option to support users of Zotero and Mendeley.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs

Enable Primo to be configured to create Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs to give the user quicker access to a resource.

In order to still be permanent, system administrators should be able to configure an order of preference for the permalinks between view it, get it and details to guarantee the link goes somewhere as long as the resource remains in Primo.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. sort order for result list

Dear all,

in the new UI in Primo exist only the sort order year (ascending). Please add the sort order descending (oldest on top).

Best Regards

Michael Voss

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort date of FRBR groups in date-sorted results lists

When sorting a brief results list by date, obviously always the sort date of the earliest member of a FRBR group is taken to represent the whole group. We would expect that in sort order "year (ascending)" the publication date of the earliest member record is taken, and in sort order "year (descending)" the publication date of the latest member.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Permalinks as real persistent URI's for digital objects

Add an option to present permalinks for digital objects as real system independent permanent identifier URI's to the digital object itself.

The term "permalink" is misleading. Current permalinks are not persistent links. They link to Primo records and they only work as long as the institution offers Primo. And then Primo BO permalinks do not work for Primo VE, if the library did not use Alma before.

For digital objects, the users are really only interested in the links to the actual object. So it would be better if permalinks would use existing persistent identifier URI's, like DOI's (available for…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Best bets

Summon has a best bets feature which enables you to have links to Library Opening Hours if that's what someone searches for. Primo doesn't have this, so we are going backwards in customer service when we implement this. Please can you replace Primo with Summon or at least bring Primo up to the same standard?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make users more aware of results found in other search profile slots/ tabs

In most Primos, users can search in different search profile slots (Primo VE) or tabs (Primo with a BO), e.g. Library Catalogue, PCI, Everything. However, our users do not switch a lot between the different slots/tabs. The majority performs the whole session in the same slot/tab. In order to make the users more aware of the different slot/tabs and the different content in them, we suggest that on top of the results list the number of results in every defined slot/tab should be displayed. The displayed information should be a link, so that the users can easily switch to the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add labels for saved record/favorites in brief view

Currently, one has to go the favorites menu, search the record in the list and categorize via labels.

It would be nice when user could perform a search and categorize/labels favorite records directly in the brief view.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My Favourites/ My Favorites: Drag and drop labels to saved items

It would be helpful to users if they could drag and drop existing labels to add them to records they've 'pinned' in My Favourites.

Once you have a large number of pinned items and labels drag and drop would be quicker and easier than opening the 'edit labels' block for each record.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Barcode Copying in Primo

We would like to be able to have the barcode information not get automatically re-hidden so that we can copy barcodes from Primo. This would be particularly helpful for quick reference without having to enter Alma.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reminder of Library Pin

Within My account have a "Forgotten your Library Pin?" button to get a reminder via e-mail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Persistent "Number of results to display" setting

As a user, I would like the "Number of results to display" setting in the "My Account" area to be persistent for my user account.

Currently, this setting is dependent on a browser cookie and/or system cache. As a security measure, many users clear caches and cookies when they close their browser. This results in the setting reverting to a default value when they next log in to Primo.

Having this setting directly associated with a user's Primo account would provide a more consistent user experience.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to extend Held Shelf Expiry Date

We would like the option, within My Account for the user to be able extend the Held Shelf expiry date of their requests. They would click on a button and, if no-one had already requested their item the system would automatically extend the Held shelf expiry date (it could do this by an agreed period - for example 2 days and if, required an email could be sent to Library Requests staff to alert them)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort loans by "Due date--earliest" and "Due date--latest"

Under the “loans” section in Primo user accounts, two of the most important sort options are labelled “Due date--newest” and “Due date--oldest”.

“New” and “old” isn't how folks usually describe due dates (correct me if I'm wrong). Rather, you talk about what's due sooner/earlier and what's due later.

Could Primo either allow institutions to customise the labels, or relabel the sorting options as “Due date--earliest” and “Due date--latest”, or some such contrast (closest/farthest)?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Our patrons want search function for the list of their favorites and historic loans...

I agree that it's too complicated to search what they read a year ago by scrolling all the way down to check.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base