Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Searchable field codes

I would like to suggest that Primo develops to support searchable field codes. In several databases it's possible to specify which field you want to search by writing abbreviations of field codes before the search terms in the search box. For example, AU =jonson, TI = digital photography, JN = journal of advanced nursing and so on.

I know that Advanced search can target specific fields, but it would be useful to be able to search with field codes in the primo default search box.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Incorporate DOI in the DEDUP parameters

Incorporate DOI in the DEDUP parameters could be a good option to improve the duplicated detection.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate the resource type/facet "dissertations" for PCI (and CDI...) into "dissertations" and "theses"

Some institutional repositories available through PCI contain a lot of student theses. The resource type/facet "dissertations" contains both dissertations and theses. Users searching for doctoral dissertations and using the facet dissertations end up with a search result consisting of both dissertations and theses. It is not possible to see the difference in Primo. The user have to follow the full-text link to find out what kind of resource it is. This is time-consuming and sometimes misleading.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add ability to save a record with a label while in the full record (Saved Record with label to My Favorites)

I'm a student reviewing a list of results in Primo for a new assignment. I only have a bit of time right now to start my research, and in this first session I want to save articles which look like they meet my topic. Then I plan to come back on another day when I have more time, to do more detailed assessment of the articles I saved, read the full text, and start writing my assignment. I'm using a label to organise the articles in My Favorites, because I have quite a few topics for several assignments due in…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the creation date to the titles in the Saved Search Letter

Users can set an alert on the Saved Searches page and will then receive the Saved Search letter by email whenever there are new results for their saved search. However, a new result is not necessarily a new publication. The Saved Search letter could also contain older publications which are new to the inventory of the discovery system. For the users, it would be helpful to already see in the Saved Search letter the creation date of the titles, so that they know which results are real new publications. In Primo VE, however, it is currently not possible to add…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs

Enable Primo to be configured to create Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs to give the user quicker access to a resource.

In order to still be permanent, system administrators should be able to configure an order of preference for the permalinks between view it, get it and details to guarantee the link goes somewhere as long as the resource remains in Primo.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort date of FRBR groups in date-sorted results lists

When sorting a brief results list by date, obviously always the sort date of the earliest member of a FRBR group is taken to represent the whole group. We would expect that in sort order "year (ascending)" the publication date of the earliest member record is taken, and in sort order "year (descending)" the publication date of the latest member.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sort loans by "Due date--earliest" and "Due date--latest"

Under the “loans” section in Primo user accounts, two of the most important sort options are labelled “Due date--newest” and “Due date--oldest”.

“New” and “old” isn't how folks usually describe due dates (correct me if I'm wrong). Rather, you talk about what's due sooner/earlier and what's due later.

Could Primo either allow institutions to customise the labels, or relabel the sorting options as “Due date--earliest” and “Due date--latest”, or some such contrast (closest/farthest)?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow direct linking from database records without impacting other records

Database records in the database list behave as other records in Primo.
    You click on a post from the database list/brief display, the record opens itself, and from there you can click on the database link.

While this makes sense for regular records, this is a bit unnecessary with database records:
    - not many more details are displayed on the detailed view.
    - when looking up a specific database, the only interesting information is the link itself.

Many users reported that this extra click was annoying as what they want is to access the database. Some of them, especially within…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve the Export to Mendeley

Include abstracts and subject headings in the Export to Mendeley function

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Persistent "Number of results to display" setting

As a user, I would like the "Number of results to display" setting in the "My Account" area to be persistent for my user account.

Currently, this setting is dependent on a browser cookie and/or system cache. As a security measure, many users clear caches and cookies when they close their browser. This results in the setting reverting to a default value when they next log in to Primo.

Having this setting directly associated with a user's Primo account would provide a more consistent user experience.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable renewal of interlibrary loans via My Library Account

It is confusing to users that they can renew some items on loan to them via My Library Account, but not inter-library loans. We would like a configurable Renew option available for inter-library loans in My Library Account. If a user clicked this option, the request for renewal from the user would populate a tasklist in Alma for resource sharing staff to action. If staff proceed to request a renewal from the lending partner, the workflow should connect so that the response and the updated due date flows back through to My Library Account. Currently all renewal requests for interlibrary…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow request forms to be submitted without first needing to remove focus from fields

If a user fills in the comment field on a physical request form in Primo and then clicks on the Request button the form refreshes but does not submit. Either a second click on the Request button is required to submit it or the user needs to click away from the comment field to remove the focus from it before clicking on the Request button.

We think users should be able to fill out the comment field and click on the Request button to submit the form. There should be no need to click the Request button twice or remove…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Advanced Search option in Collection Discovery for Alma-D

Primo's public Collection Discovery pages currently lack the ability to run advanced searches. As a result, only keyword searches are possible at either the collection or sub-collection level, which prevents users from being able to limit or refine searches by necessary fields like Date, Creator, etc. This means that users have to browse collections, sub-collections, and items more broadly than is often helpful when an advanced search would be more likely to bring them immediately relevant results. Primo's Advanced Search for regular discovery is a valuable tool that should also appear in Alma-D's Collection Discovery.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs

Enable Primo to be configured to create Permalinks that go to View It / Get It tabs to give the user quicker access to a resource.

In order to still be permanent, system administrators should be able to configure an order of preference for the permalinks between view it, get it and details to guarantee the link goes somewhere as long as the resource remains in Primo.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PrimoVE should allow disabling of Aggregator Content Data

Improving OpenAIRE Links in PrimoVE: A Customization Proposal

Many of the OpenAIRE links in our system are currently unreliable. To address this issue, we propose the following enhancements:

1) Aggregator Content Data Class: We recommend introducing an aggregator class specifically
    for Aggregator Content Data in the code. This class would allow us to apply custom styling
    and control the display of OpenAIRE links.

2) CSS Customization: If we had a dedicated <span class="OpenAIRE">, we could easily add CSS
    rules to hide OpenAIRE links. Currently, we lack this flexibility, and our users are
    inundated with potentially unreliable links. Other Contenre Data…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. They appear as "renewable" items that really aren't

In Primo, they appear as "renewable" copies really are not because they already have the maximum number of renovations. Why not say directly "not renewable"?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't filter out Primo Central records after clicking Library facets

On a blended scope, when you search in the scope and click a library facet, all the Primo Central records are filtered out because Primo Central records do not have facets:library values in PNX. For example,

(1) Go to our Primo:

http://kosmos.lib.keio.ac.jp/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=KEIO

(2) For your convenience, click "English" as UI language on the upper-right corner.

(3) On the "All materials" tab, search "cancer" (without quotes). The "All materials" scope is a blended scope that contains both local records and Primo Central records.

(4) On the Library facets, click any library.

Then all the Primo Central records are filtered out. But…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is there anyway that all holdings can be displayed in a "paragraph" format, instead of a line-by-line format.

At present time, Primo displays some holdings records in "paragraph" format, and others in line-by-line format. This is inconsistent, and makes the catalog appear sloppy. When items are in the line-by-line format it becomes time consuming to have to scroll down to find out if an institution holds an item. It would be much better for all holdings to appear in the "paragraph" format and this would then give a much needed consistency to the catalog.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. German search character conversion - combined vowels representing umlauted letter as well as umlauted letter

In German, an "umlaut" over a letter can be represented with the two dots over the letter, or as a vowel combination, e.g. Anfänge or Anfaenge. If the user searches any of these (or just the un-umlauted letter), we'd like them to see results that contain all the variants.

Ex Libris investigated the configurations for character conversion in searching/indexing, and suggested filing a Primo enhancement:

" it is not currently possible to convert ü into u and also into ue. This would be an enhancement request. "

Which we will do, but wanted to float it here also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base