Request Action Deadline for Assigned Requests
Considering the many exceptions typical in the ILL workflow, I often assign borrowing requests to myself as a way to keep track of them and follow up as needed. I think it would be extremely helpful if there were a way to set a reminder/deadline on an assigned request for follow up.
For instance, a request I processed today is currently going through RapidILL suppliers. The patron reached out to us because they need the article soon for an assignment and it has been in process for a couple of weeks. I would like to be able to set a reminder/deadline to check in on the request at the end of the week so that if it isn't filled through RapidILL, then I can purchase the article for the patron instead so that they can get it asap.
Currently, I have to assign the request to myself and make an external reminder on my to-do list to check on it. My idea is that when assigning the request to myself, I could set an action deadline with a note so that when Friday comes, I don't have to search out the request from all requests assigned to me, I could instead perhaps sort them by deadline if that were included in the facets.